Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How many people want a name change?

Originally posted by peekaboo

When was there talk about one being able to change their nickname? I never remember hearing anything like that.
    During beta there was ALOT of talk about it (this was before players were even going to have a first and last name). Funcom decided not to allow changing the nickname after, but they stuck to the ability to change your first and last name (because alot of people were complaining about the whole idea of having them). That however... didn't make release and still is not in the game.

Originally posted by peekaboo

What comes to first and last names I would like to be able to pick the names I want to, now I have to spend too much time at the terminal trying to find one that I like and that goes with the nickname I've chosen.
    Well I don't believe Funcom ever said it was not going to be put in the game. They just went quiet about the whole thing.

gee, FunCom got quite about something...they've never dome that before...
    RoboKa & RoboKaKa
    Solitus Neutral Engineer & Pet

Originally posted by Mor

During beta there was ALOT of talk about it (this was before players were even going to have a first and last name). Funcom decided not to allow changing the nickname after, but they stuck to the ability to change your first and last name (because alot of people were complaining about the whole idea of having them). That however... didn't make release and still is not in the game.

Well I don't believe Funcom ever said it was not going to be put in the game. They just went quiet about the whole thing.
    I must have missed the whole nick changing part then... but I clearly remember opposing randomly assigned first and last names on, uh, too many occasions on the old boards. I still don't like them and I think the whole "you will be able to change the random name once in the game" thing was just to shut people up about it and that it was completely replaced with the possibility to keep generating names as long as you find one that will do.

I'd like it if first and last names got dumped completely and instead I could make my own w/o running two words into 1.

Funcom allow name changes, k thx

Hehe...I would like for FC to answer the email I sendt them just after release

This mail was about my name (Ferro) not being there for me to choose. Plz don't flame me...I am 99% sure that noone on the server had picked this name.

The thing that I told FC in my mail that I thought was the problem was a thing that happened to my account in Beta 4. i played the account for a day or 2 (Getting my Doctor Ferro to lvl. 7), but then the account got all messed up (This happened to several of ppl's account as far as I remember). Np there, I just got a new one and couldn't pick the name Ferro, still np...cause I knew that my char was still on the broken account, but would be deleted once release date came so that I could make Ferro ingame.

Thing is...."Nickname not accepted" and if you look up the name Ferro in the people database you find : TADAAAA a lvl. 7 Doctor

i can live with the fact that my name went baibai, but I never got an answer from FC...not even a "get bent Dingo, and stop whining cause your favorite nick was taken".....I got ....nothing, and my mail address has not changed since I mailed FC support some 6 month ago well aware that it would take time to get an answer cause of the many mails they recieved at that time.....but 6 month and still no answer ?!?!?!?!?!?!
    Last edited by Duckbill; Feb 21st, 2002 at 14:18:44.

KaKa and I are fine, thanks
    RoboKa & RoboKaKa
    Solitus Neutral Engineer & Pet

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12