Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: An article to piss off all you engi's

At the upper levels engi's are fine...I'm mainly talking about LvL 20-70...you can put QL 139 armor on or a QL 139 gun (in most cases) on at level 60. The upper levels it's fine because everyone evens out.
    "Your village called...their idiot is missing"

Psilex (Agent)
    Smokegirl (Nano-tech)
    Tylerdurdon (Bureaucrat)

Proud Member of:
    Omni-Tribunal
    Omni-Pol

Originally posted by Psilex
    By the way, about the 3 monsters in the main room and blah blah blah, right? You know there's a trimmer you can make that causes your bot to do "acid splash"....the acid pisses off the monsters quite a bit and they end up NEVER attacking anyone else, even if you outdamage the bot.
    No profession should whine about the 3 mobs in the first room, they can be dealt with one at a time if you use your brain and have a bit of luck.

The aggression enhancer we engies need, requires chemistry to make.... Many engies make Soldier-with-pets engies, ie. they don't dump too much into tradeskills. Their mistake, but ultimately I understand them because why on earth invest loads of IP into a skill you will use maybe 3-4 times in your virtual life? There are two tradeskills which are worth(moneywise) to dump IPs into. Mech engineering and pharmacy. One for jewlery the other for monster parts.

Sure it's nice to use the trimmers, but I sometimes wonder if I'd gone the gimped-soldier-with-pet route if I would make up for the lack of trimmer with HP, weapon skill and evades?

I say gimp my bot if I can have tradeskills which are actually worth using.
    Atrocious - taking ugly to the next level.

Atrocious - Atrox Enforcer - Member of Ancarim Iron Legion
    Aniana - Solitus Engineer(Uber gimp) - Applicant of Ancarim Iron Legion
    Plasmatiq - Solitus Soldier

Plus countless other alts I play with once in a while.

Megabio
    Originally posted by Plasmatiq
    Their mistake, but ultimately I understand them because why on earth invest loads of IP into a skill you will use maybe 3-4 times in your virtual life? There are two tradeskills which are worth(moneywise) to dump IPs into. Mech engineering and pharmacy. One for jewlery the other for monster parts.

Sure it's nice to use the trimmers, but I sometimes wonder if I'd gone the gimped-soldier-with-pet route if I would make up for the lack of trimmer with HP, weapon skill and evades?

I say gimp my bot if I can have tradeskills which are actually worth using.

Actually, Pharmacy is a useless skill (who needs money?) Mech engineering is useful to USE trimmers, and weapon smithing for LLTS.. A lot of skilsl ARE useful.
    ~Chris

Originally posted by Plasmatiq

The aggression enhancer we engies need, requires chemistry to make....

Are you talking about the one you make? I think the regular trimmers are pretty worthless, but that ONE is good....the instructions are in the "trade" dept in stores and it is made with some XU-11 (bug spray). I suggest you check it out before swearing off Trimmers.

Psilex (Agent)
    Smokegirl (Nano-tech)
    Tylerdurdon (Bureaucrat)

Proud Member of:
    Omni-Tribunal
    Omni-Pol

If your skill drops down to less than 80% than what is required for the creation of the pet you are commanding, it will not respond the next time you command it. It will stay in "/pet behind" modus until you get your skill back to where it was.
    This is a scary quote... Does this imply an understanding of how pets are used? Wouldn't all you have to do is say /pet guard and never have to give a command again, hence making this AO game mechanics update useless? (I used to play an MP.)

Not that I'm saying Engi's should be frelled with in any way... You'll never catch a Fixer saying that...

Hello!!!!

Originally posted by Megabio
    How is getting a QL 200 bot by level 104 (when I got it) overequipping? Many traders have a QL 180 vektor or a QL 199 ithicas long before that; it is no different. It is simply a different form of overequipping. It's also a more difficult form of it because you have to do it every time you or the bot dies.
    ~Chris
    Did you even read what you just wrote?....lol.

They are both overequipping.... there is no difference!
    Legion
    Beartwo

and a whole litter of bearcubs ...

"Only the dead have seen the end of war." -- Plato
    "You see me now, a soldier, of a 1000 psychic wars...." -- Blue Oyster Cult

Originally posted by Psilex

Are you talking about the one you make? I think the regular trimmers are pretty worthless, but that ONE is good....the instructions are in the "trade" dept in stores and it is made with some XU-11 (bug spray). I suggest you check it out before swearing off Trimmers.
    I've made plenty of those. As I said in my post, I've got a tradeskill engy. It more or less the only thing I can do with my tradeskills.

I went the tradeskill route because I hope and pray that someday they will be usefull for more than making jewlery, blood plasma and for trimmers. That I can actually make weapons people want or armor.

Yea, I know what you mean, that part of the game looks like sooooo much fun, but I'm not even gonna go for that much frustration right now, until I get word that they get their act together on it....

Psilex (Agent)
    Smokegirl (Nano-tech)
    Tylerdurdon (Bureaucrat)

Proud Member of:
    Omni-Tribunal
    Omni-Pol

Originally posted by Megabio

Actually, Pharmacy is a useless skill (who needs money?) Mech engineering is useful to USE trimmers, and weapon smithing for LLTS.. A lot of skilsl ARE useful.
    ~Chris
    How usefull are tradeskills? The only use for chemisty is to make aggro trimmers. Do you see people spamming trade channels "Making aggro enhancers in Old Athens!"? Mech engy and pharma I like, it's gotten me lots of xp. I make plasma and jewlery for my guild mates. Weapons smitting? Useless. The only use for it so far is to put in a LLTS(which probably is going to get nerfed one of these days.) QT Field mechanics(I think that's what it's called), the only use so far is making nano crystals(I've made 1 crystal in 85 lvls......) Also used for two trimmers. Electrical engy, also used for making nano crystals, hopefully we need it to make the arul saba braclets(if they ever get implemnted).

When I started getting interested in playing AO, it was party because the devs then said that tradeskills would be useful at all level to make items. No more UO where you couldn't sell crap unless you were a Grandmaster smith. I had actually hoped that my engy char would spend 50% of it's time making useful items for people, the rest of the time hunting in groups or doing missions for money, but what are we? A gimped trader with a pet.

Yea, there are some guns in there I really want to build just to see what their stats are, I know how you feel

Psilex (Agent)
    Smokegirl (Nano-tech)
    Tylerdurdon (Bureaucrat)

Proud Member of:
    Omni-Tribunal
    Omni-Pol

Red face I am with you

Originally posted by Jorl
    That doesn't upset me either. If certain engineers want to spend the money and time to cast a super bot, then let them do so. I actually took a step back and started using only self-castable bots. I spent some time to get nice implants (nano skills, stats, etc.) and can now cast a very healthy mean bot by myself.

The other week I joined a team and the other engineer was bragging about his bot. His bot was assigned as the main tank and all was going well except that....well it died. Poof. Dead MochamWrangleBot. So sad. Even with MP Masteries his self cast bot was horrible. This time I got to be the main bot tank guy and things went along just as well as before.

I do think that some people are getting a little too concerned about the QL of their robot pet. With my self castable little guy I can do missions just fine and can contribute to a group very well. The only time I could see overequipping as neccessary would be if we were fighting very red monsters. Then I could see that the extra hit points and damage would be worth it.

And I thought I was the only one... I have never done a masteries or mocham bot myself. I have put everything into being able to cast my own bots without wasting time to find someone to buff me.

Do you have any idea how many people tell me "Your bot is soo low compared to mine!" Yet when they loose their bot, suddenly they have to run to town to get a new one and me? Well I just cast another and keep on playing.

I see no point in that. I am not trying to power level through the game like many others seem to be doing. It is almost as if they think there is an END to get to in this game. The end for me will either be that I got bored of the game OR MORE LIKELY, that I got so tired of Funcoms crap and lack of support, in game and out, that I just finally leave and give my money to someone else.

Bots are fine right where they are.. I loose quite a few doing missions. If I never lost a bot doing missions my level, I might say I agree. But when I loose bots in missions my level, then no, the bots are just fine where they are.

Malakie

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12