Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: same-side ganking and ganking during ARK events

same-side ganking and ganking during ARK events

Same-side ganking:

Any player initiating combat (as opposed to defending himself) and killing another player from the same side should be flagged for the following effects:
    • 0% side XP bonus for the following month
    • Loss of benefits from side-restricted items for 24 hours

Limitations:
    • This flag should not apply in 0% or 5% gas (where duelling is acceptable)
    • In 75% gas, this flag should not be applied to someone who was assisting a guard. (requires a second, non-transmissible flag for attacking the guard)
    • This flag is not applied during ARK events.(see below)

Ganking during storyline events:
    Only players who have opted in for ARK events should be enabled to initiate combat against ARKs.

Special ARK combat flag:
    • If a player becomes flagged by attacking an ARK, then his killer is awarded no PVP points.
    • A player who has not opted in for ARK events may not attack an ARK-combat flagged character.
    • Otherwise, this works like the normal 15-minute flag.

Obviously, anyone who registers for event participation, then ganks his allies has already volunteered for whatever punishment ARK can dream up...

Nice idea !

Same side ganking sux, give them a price to pay.

Bump.

Quote Originally Posted by Slipster
    Nice idea !

Same side ganking sux, give them a price to pay.

Bump.
    ditto. nice idea. omni vs omni clan vs clan.... it doesnt make sense

Price to pay?

Do it yourself.
    Don't be lonely anymore.

Look at your post, now back at mine. Now back to your post, now back at mine. Sadly, yours isn't mine, but if you stopped trolling and started posting legitimate comments it could look like mine. Look down, back up, where are you? You're scrolling through posts, reading the posts your posts could look like. Back at mine, it's a reply saying something you want to hear. Look again, my reply is now diamonds. Anything is possible when you think before you post.

Meh, not a fan of this idea, but I would be if it was refined a bit more.
    I like how i can run to a guard, hit q twice really fast to get a flag w/o actually attacking a guard, and pvp my heart out.
    Maybe instead of 1 month w/o xp bonuses, make it like 24 hour out-of-game time period. Thats a bit more reasonable.
    Now ganking during an ark event, thats just wrong.
    "Violence is never the answer, but it might be the solution." --me
    "I would fight and die for my country, but not for my government." --me

Former General Of The league of Fabulous Ninjas on RK2
    NINJA POWER!!

Present member of NATO Corps, The Darkside

there wouldn't be anymore same sided duels to the death, that's for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Avon
    there wouldn't be anymore same sided duels to the death, that's for sure.
    You obviously didn't read past the first paragraph.

Read the limitations again. The penalties don't apply in 0% or 5% gas, so you're free to do this in any arena, the bar in Hope, notum silos, or for 1 hour out of each day you can use any tower field outside your level range.

Quote Originally Posted by RaaveKX
    I like how i can run to a guard, hit q twice really fast to get a flag w/o actually attacking a guard, and pvp my heart out.
    You can still PVP your heart out--if you want a duel against someone from your own side, use one of the approved areas. If you can't be bothered with finding an area where non-flagged PVP is normally allowed, then don't attack your own side.

bump!

punish all those same side ganking idiots out there!!!

<3 for a great idea
    Azzreal : 191 / 10 Clan Fixer

Why is it a lot of the spiders ingame only have 4 legs?

Quote Originally Posted by Keldros
    What, you really thought LE stood for Lost Eden?

No, it's gonna be Lag everywhere.
    Subscription Cancelled

Yeah nice idea for kill PVP fun and important tests with friends. :P

How u will test new weapon, new perks and other stuff before real fight?
    Playd AO since closed beta....
    WTB more PVP in game.

Quote Originally Posted by Yakkou
    How u will test new weapon, new perks and other stuff before real fight?
    LOL yeah, I'm sure *that's* what everyone is doing when I see 8 omnis and 7 clanners flagged in the Borealis advanced shop or NLC whompah.

You want to test something? There's no shortage of low-gas areas.

Good suggestion, nicely thought up, well presented.

Some glaring flaws though that need to be discussed: Loss of side % is meaningless for twinks and 220s. Very slight loss for neutrals.

Loss of bonuses from sided gear is dubious too, basically it means loss of token board (ouch) and faithful/chosen, and a lot of people don't wear it. Personally, with this system once I hit 220 I'm free to gank clanners all I like if I don't mind losing penalties from token board, and no side % on my twinks I would consider a bonus (since doing AI XP has messed up one of my toons already, noob that I am).

There is no penalty whatsoever for neutral 220s that I can see or think of, and so these are free to gank their fellow neuters all they like, WITH the added bonus that they can't readily be attacked back by their own lower lvl neutrals either.

The basic idea of some kind of penalty for ganking your own is a nifty one though, and can be done fairly easily too I think: Get damage on one of your own, and a 4hour flag is placed in your NCU, now your own guards will attack you on sight (ouchie for omnis), and your relevant faction stats are temp reset to 0 (which means you are not going to SL).

Or something like that anyways.

EDIT: Changed my mind, penalty should be on kill, not on start of attack.
    Last edited by Revelator; May 28th, 2005 at 22:30:36.
    Reverend Revelator Ramagano, Proud Something of Alpha Omega

Alpha Omega: Fighting For Your Future, Today

No, I'm not back.

How embarrassing, after all these years it turns out I CAN'T spell **ncom with an F and a U, talk about egg on my face eh?

You obviously didn't read past the first paragraph.

Read the limitations again.
    You obviously don't understand pvp.

No one uses the arenas anymore, as why would they go to the trouble when they can just double tap Q on a guard and duel anywhere?

No one uses the arenas anymore, as why would they go to the trouble when they can just double tap Q on a guard and duel anywhere?
    Out of character, because it's a place where they're allowed to attack their own side without penalties.

In character, because it doesn't make sense for the local law enforcement to allow people to fight in a crowded street or shop when there are perfectly good facilities for them to do the same thing, without putting the general public in danger.

Out of character, because it's a place where they're allowed to attack their own side without penalties.

In character, because it doesn't make sense for the local law enforcement to allow people to fight in a crowded street or shop when there are perfectly good facilities for them to do the same thing, without putting the general public in danger.
    sorry I'm not an RPer and never will be, but it's really not about penalties at all--it's about convenience.

sorry I'm not an RPer and never will be, but it's really not about penalties at all--it's about convenience.
    PVP is not the sole purpose of the game. If you want a game where PVP is available while PVM and Roleplay are altogether lacking, maybe you should try CS.
    Last edited by Keldros; May 30th, 2005 at 01:21:35.

i take it your a RP'er?

Same side ganking will always happen,and nothing will change that,the way i see this game>you lvl up>twink>get good>pvp , i dont make a toon>get it to 20'ish>rp all day=boreing...

but whatev...k
    Punk
    Fixer/Enf/NT/Soldier/Doctor/Agent/Crat/Keeper/Engi

Quote Originally Posted by Revelator
    Loss of bonuses from sided gear is dubious too, basically it means loss of token board (ouch) and faithful/chosen, and a lot of people don't wear it.
    Make it sting a bit more then. Include sided shops and insurance terminals. Effectively, you shouldn't be considered a member of that side for a day or two after you gank your own.

It still leaves the issue of twinks who don't want to level. Well, give them all the PVP they want--drop their org's towers straight to 5% gas for 6 hours each day, instead
    of giving them 5 hours at 25%. They're not in an org? Flag them so rezz sickness lasts 30 minutes.

PVP is not the sole purpose of the game. If you want a game where PVP is available while PVM and Roleplay are altogether lacking, maybe you should try CS.
    never mention that stupid game in the presence of AO again..... NEVER!!!
    Blitztrox 220 Ai lvl 30 Enf -Omni-- My Loot 25th 220 Omni Atrox Enf on Rk1!!!

Thru pvp I've gotten to know people who RP daily. They make great pvpers, and follow you in battle like brothers.

Food for thought?
    Last edited by FiliJokkus; May 30th, 2005 at 05:51:53.
    Ancestors could hear what is happening now
    They would turn in their graves
    they would all be ashamed - that the land of the free
    has been written in chains
    And I know what I want - when the timing is right
    then I'll take what is mine
    I am the clansman

Quote Originally Posted by Blitztrox
    never mention that stupid game in the presence of AO again..... NEVER!!!
    I'll mention CS repeatedly until the idiots who think this is the same thing realize their mistake...

Quote Originally Posted by Fili
    Thru pvp I've gotten to know people who RP daily. They make great pvpers, and follow you in battle like brothers.

Food for thought?
    And this doesn't hurt them in any way.
    This is about the ones who don't care about side/faction/storyline, and go out of their way to annoy those of us who DO realize this isn't supposed to be a simple FPS.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast