Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: A little bit of urban redevelopment....

Oh no, you'd be surprised. I mean, the Yalms end up having some leaves stuck in various odd nooks and crannies and they smell like squirrels....but they're good prices!
    220 Finalizer (FINALLY, after 3 years without a single ding!) Nulion, Squad Commander (And Council of Truth Clerical Staffer) of Alpha Omega

Once upon a time, I dreamt I was a butterfly...Suddenly I awoke...Now, I do not know whether I was then
    a man dreaming I was a butterfly, or whether I am now a butterfly dreaming that I am a man. - Chuang Tzu

Great to see that this went through i still remember the first meetings i attended by clanners in Athens way back in 2002 and even then it had been under discussion for months

o
    Sonny "Ramid" Bichrest

President Vox Populi
    Guild website
    http://www.bbfun.com/index.php?mforum=vox

oh and Nulion ill still argue with you that all this new fangled stuff ruins the feeling of Athens
    Sonny "Ramid" Bichrest

President Vox Populi
    Guild website
    http://www.bbfun.com/index.php?mforum=vox

Hehe, and I'll keep it coming New OA is niiiice! (If only it would be patched in soon o.o )
    220 Finalizer (FINALLY, after 3 years without a single ding!) Nulion, Squad Commander (And Council of Truth Clerical Staffer) of Alpha Omega

Once upon a time, I dreamt I was a butterfly...Suddenly I awoke...Now, I do not know whether I was then
    a man dreaming I was a butterfly, or whether I am now a butterfly dreaming that I am a man. - Chuang Tzu

Quote Originally Posted by Nulion
    New OA is niiiice! (If only it would be patched in soon o.o )
    Hehe. looking forward to it...hmm maybe have to start RPing again.... Hmmm.... Bring back veritas guys,hehe
    Opsund 220/30 Ma
    Xandathrii 220/30 Enf
    Vekten 220/30 Doc

Lifdrasil 100/10 Eng

Retired General of Ascension, enjoying my elder days and the end of AO in The Asylum.(Currently of-world , but comming back soon(TM)
    Stop the inflation and madness, support my Tier 4 crusade

...another little teaser of what is to come in the 15.9 patch series (probably not 15.9.0 but one of the 15.9.x patches) that we thought you guys would be interested in is some urban redevelopment in Old Athens.
    4 months and 6 patches later all I have is a game I can't play due to a graphics issue....how ironic.
    why Why WHY ?!?!?!

It must be something on your end, then....graphics here are working fine (Even if they ARE choppy...but oh well)

So stop whining, or I shall eat you

Oh, I can login and get 80+ fps when I am in, but I crash randomly 3-4 times a day now, which usually ruins whatever I am doing at the time. So I just dont play/pay any more.

My su****ion is they have been playing with the engine a bit in preperation for more textures in OA, and they screwed something up, and now dont know if they should even go ahead with the fresh coat of paint on such a worn out old old old graphics engine. Hell, they probably(and so it seems) dont even know what is going on. Dont even get me started on what a disaster I think Lost Edan will be with this engine... good lord, adding a PvP expansion to a game that has it's worse performance in large crowds?

A lot of people still dont understand that AO is in its golden years. I for one was hoping they would come out with AO2 but all I have heard about is Conan...no thanx, not into medevil carp.

Also, as far as it beeing my system...lol... not likely, I simply never crash... EVER ... in any other game or application... AO is simply bugged/damaged beyond repair imho.
    why Why WHY ?!?!?!

Quote Originally Posted by AgentGimpy
    Oh, I can login and get 80+ fps when I am in, but I crash randomly 3-4 times a day now, which usually ruins whatever I am doing at the time. So I just dont play/pay any more.

My su****ion is they have been playing with the engine a bit in preperation for more textures in OA, and they screwed something up, and now dont know if they should even go ahead with the fresh coat of paint on such a worn out old old old graphics engine. Hell, they probably(and so it seems) dont even know what is going on. Dont even get me started on what a disaster I think Lost Edan will be with this engine... good lord, adding a PvP expansion to a game that has it's worse performance in large crowds?

A lot of people still dont understand that AO is in its golden years. I for one was hoping they would come out with AO2 but all I have heard about is Conan...no thanx, not into medevil carp.

Also, as far as it beeing my system...lol... not likely, I simply never crash... EVER ... in any other game or application... AO is simply bugged/damaged beyond repair imho.
    Let me guess....ATI-card of newer date and Cat 5.6?
    Seth "Pestillence" Walrus
    Proud member of
    ~ Society of Salvation ~
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
    Who Shall Guard The Guardians?

Yep, cat 5.3 though and was fantastic untill recently. I did not break it.
    why Why WHY ?!?!?!

Quote Originally Posted by AgentGimpy
    Yep, cat 5.3 though and was fantastic untill recently. I did not break it.
    Silly question, and you might already have tried this, but have you tried using Radlinker?
    Seth "Pestillence" Walrus
    Proud member of
    ~ Society of Salvation ~
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
    Who Shall Guard The Guardians?

Yeah, tried it and it did seem to make the crashes just go to desktop(no black screens so far) but didnt stop them, and i saw no performance increase either.
    why Why WHY ?!?!?!

Its All About The Phats.
    U still gotta remember that hundreds of thousends of people worldwide still play with no problems.

Now im not suggesting that its your fault, but it is an issue with OA and YOUR system. Works fine for me, and most of those other 100,000's of people.

Might still be something FC changed, and it may have been caused by them, but it doesnt affect me.

Too many people expect PC games to work 100% of the time straight out the box. This aint a console - your PC is unlikely to be the same as anyone elses and software developers have to take that into account. Standard programming, standard hardware coding, etc etc. It doesnt always work to plan, and you seem to be suffering.

Try various driver version, try beta versions, change settings, play with Anti Aliasing and other hardware intensive settings. Something on your system is incompatable with the code. If you can find it, you can fix it, but remember - you cant please everyone, all of the time. FC have MOST people playing and working correctly. On a bottom line, you cant ask for much more.

Hope you get ur issue sorted and come back
    Acetsuntura (220]/21/70) - Adventurer

Quote Originally Posted by Tsun
    Works fine for me, and most of those other 100,000's of people.

0_0

If there was over 100,000 people playing this game I would be very very suprised. Probably more in the area of 20k, all with 8 characters.

Catalyst 5.7 seems to have sorted me out, but the fact was lots and lots of people had the CTD problem, and FC didnt do much for them, the community worked it out for themselfs and thats sad. Many are still having problems.

BTW, the original point of this thread is now mute, as it seems they have scrapped the OA redevelopment plans, patch series 15.x is done... and no new graphics.

Probably a good thing, this game engine dates back to the late 1900's and only uses up to directx 7.0, which my new card doesnt even recognise anymore. Adding SL textures to OA would make the lag there unbearable.

Besides, Conan is their baby now, and the comming PvP expansion will be nothing short of a disaster... graphics too old, lag too great.
    why Why WHY ?!?!?!

Well the graphics updates are prob coming in the 16.0 patch and they stated that Age of Conan was being developed by another team. While most of their staffing is prob focused on the new game there supposily is a development team still working on AO. I just think its more of a skeleton crew than was originally under the development for AO. It has sure been a while though since Sil or anyone from FC has posted any responses to anyone on the forums would be nice to know if they are still alive or something . I don't really know how a graphics can't support direct X 7 seeing that direct X is based on COM. Which means that that DX8 and 9 are built on top of it to support more advanced functionality.

Newer cards are less likely to use old DirectX commands as they assume that the game is using dx9 and leave out older commands from the card that they figure wont be getting used. Also, in not supporting dx9 AO is mising out on many many performance gains and support for hardware that never existed before AO. Its a well known fact that AO is way more CPU driven rather than taking advantage of todays GPU's, you will get much better bang for your buck buying a new CPU and ram, than you will getting a new graphics card.

WTB new graphics engine that uses Dx9 and takes advantage of the great vid cards we now have.

Or.... tell me there are plans for an AO2, because Conan is just not my bag. I'm a Sci-fi fan.
    why Why WHY ?!?!?!

16.0.0.1 about to hit Test Live and Old Athen is still a mess.
    Silirrion ?
    Emilia Enrima Orender, fixer of First Light
    "Whole idea on fixer is being fast, hard to hit. hard to catch and sleazy person in every way. If rooting gives you edge, do it. If u need to chain root, do it. In pvp u use every tool given to you. You are not a knight in shining armor, you are a gangster and thief. You sure dont have to play fair." Snowlion

Quote Originally Posted by Enrima
    16.0.0.1 about to hit Test Live and Old Athen is still a mess.
    Silirrion ?
    Silirrion is on vacation until monday. When I spoke whit the PQA manager yesterday he was not sure of OA was in 16.0.0.1 or not. However 16.0.0.1 is just the first of several 16.0.0.x version that will go to test.

And I am sure Silirrion will be able to give you a better answer on monday.

Thank you Epo
    Emilia Enrima Orender, fixer of First Light
    "Whole idea on fixer is being fast, hard to hit. hard to catch and sleazy person in every way. If rooting gives you edge, do it. If u need to chain root, do it. In pvp u use every tool given to you. You are not a knight in shining armor, you are a gangster and thief. You sure dont have to play fair." Snowlion

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456