Thread: 14.2 Announced on non FC Agent and MA boards but not here? what the....?

14.2 Announced on non FC Agent and MA boards but not here? what the....?

Why has information supposedly been released to Agentsector and Punchingbag about the content of 14.2 without an announcement here??

Its not on the AO website, its not in the envisaged, next patch or in progress forums but it's floating around on a couple of boards whch aren't anything to do with Funcom.

Either:
    1. The information is fake?
    2. Funcom are so inept that they cannot make a proper announcement to the entire playerbase?
    3. MAs and Agents are somehow more worthy than the rest of us?
    4. Its hidden somewhere in these forums but you need an atlas to find it?

Please tell me Funcom, which is it? I really hope is not number 2.

Ahh I see, it was actually an email from the never-present Cosmik who doesnt have time to post on these boards but seemingly does have time to email fan sites with advance information. Nice.

maybe that's the point of having class-based fansites. to get little exclusives before everyone else instead of just regurgetating whatever gets posted on the official site. maybe funcom did it as a way to reach out to the community. nah, i'm sure they were just trying to screw you over.

I think you'll find that these boards should be the primary community. To find out about at least two changes that affect my profession (which isnt agent or MA) I have to rely on someone reposting the information on these boards? I'm sorry if I'm going off on one but Cosmik cant be dragged onto these boards by with wild horses but has time to email fansites with sneak preview information?

Well, I would appreciate if FC leaked info about an NT boost to a special NT page, not run by FC.
    NT phone HOME!!

I wonder the same thing...

What is the point of profession boards here? It is not for discussion about that profession, else the information would have gone there.

I would like to know about patch information without having to scour the 100+ player-run sites. What if I do not like those sites and do not want to go to them? By forcing us to go there to get information about the next patch you are essentially saying you would prefer us to go there instead of your site.

Squick
    DrSquick - 134 Doc
    BloodSquick - 104 agent
    BrainSquick - 59 Crat
    Others: 42 NT, 27 MA, 14 Eng, 30 Enf

Ummm... maybe I'm going out on a limb here, but...

THEY ARE UNOFFICIAL PATCH NOTES DESIGNED TO DRAW FEEDBACK FROM THE PEOPLE IT AFFECTS. IF COSMIK RELEASED IT HERE, YOU LOT WOULD QUOTE HIM UNTIL HE BLED FROM DEATH FROM THE POINTY """"""""s

Not that you won't, anyway, but still - it is unofficial.
    Aleksei "Zagadka" Garcia - Savior, Council Clerk
    Cindi "Razishlyat" Bolieu - Advisor Eternalist

this was posted on an "official" post on march 5th concerning 14.0:

"Remember, this is just a small taste. More info will come, and it's also a good idea to keep your eye on the fan sites, as they'll have some brand spanking new patch additions too. "

very first post of top sticky thread. now everyone's acting like they were unprepared for this(this being fansites having leaked info not yet available on the official site) and assuming that somehow funcom did this intentionally as some wicked plot to piss people off.

seems some people pay more attention to leaked patch previews than official patch notes.
    Last edited by Hobie; Apr 21st, 2002 at 03:39:47.

Nah, some people just look for anything to yell at FC for.

"I died soloing a ql200 mission at 80 because my prof (MP) is nerfed beyond belief! I can't even play! And then I tabbed out and read something that you didn't tell me! HOW DARE YOU, FUNCOM!? I QUIT! YOU CAN'T HAVE MY $12 A MONTH FOR THIS!" is something I expect to read on every post. When I actually read it, it doesn't depress me so much :-)

I'm in favor of the "exclusive" hypothesis. The preliminary notes were not widely released to give the class sites an "exclusive". Besides, it does affect them most. The info got distributed really quickly after that, reposted on official boards, basher, etc. I mean really, it would be more work to send it to Basher, post on boards, and send to class sites. So just send it to the class sites and make Tekkor and whoever runs Punchingbag feel better.

Cosmik doesn't hate you, BGumble. And he has posted recently.

Eh, I think FC was just giving props to the big prof webmasters. They are already kissing Tekkor's ass. :-)