Thread: Freelance: Council of Truth Representative Dead!

Independent Reporters of Rubi-Ka Editor: IRRK's Avatar

Freelance: Council of Truth Representative Dead!

Council of Truth Representative Dead!
    April 25, 29480 - 'Alossa' Laurence (Newland News) [Rimor]

IRRK Freelance (Newland News) - Yesterday, an explosion shook the apartment area of West Athen. On arriving at the scene of devastation the rescue team were horrified to find the remains of Marvin 'Lupert' Swanzy. Further investigation revealed scattered and charred parts of Mr Swanzy's creation, a bot called Guardbot. The authorities refuse to comment but there is speculation that the bot was in the center of the explosion so it is highly probable it was carrying a bomb.

Unfortunately, Mr Swanzy has not come out of reclaim for reasons yet unknown. The authorities are conducting a thorough investigation in the matter and have refused to comment at this stage. Unofficially, we have managed to learn that Mr Swanzy's insurance patterns have not been tampered with which makes the cause of death even more mysterious.

The deceased was a proud member of Podroznicy Rubi-Ka and a Council of Truth representative. He was known for his many innovative creations. He was a popular face in and around Newland and a personal friend of minister Yetva.

....A very dangerous line has been crossed...we already control a large majority of the avalible notum fields. And someone decides to assassinate one of the council? The perp will be found and punished...and if it is found in any way linked to omni...ROME WILL PAY THE PRICE!!

Or your arrogant mouth may face the trauma of forgetting how to talk ****.
    [All Towers] The omni organization loves Toxor .. awww.

[Clockwork Inc.] Toxor: !blacklist Mostadio this ****tard wouldnt make my carb :@
    [Clockwork Inc.] Omgbot: Thank you Toxor. Reputation / Blacklist info about Mostadio has been stored in the Clockwork Inc.-archives
    [Clockwork Inc.] Toxor: thats cool
    [Clockwork Inc.] Mostadio: ROOOOOOOOOFL
    [Org. Msg.] Mostadio kicked Toxor from your organization.

the article imply's that the explosion might have come from his bot..I don;t think many CoT members have Omni-Tek hardware as there guards...or let omni engy's work on there bots..might wanna look inside abit more on this one.

He was an inventer,maybe he simply cut the red wire instead of the blue one while trying to make a kamikaz.....err "guardbot".
    And with his reclaim not showing up after this mishap is it possable that he was working on a permadeath weapon?...a bomb that can scatter our spirits befor reclaim captures them?
    if thats the case..good riddence.
    Last edited by drgrimmy; Apr 25th, 2006 at 22:32:57.
    drgrimmy 220/30 solitus doc(The Noid)

(insert witty comment here)

It could be that some how his soul was captured. Some of the shadowlands factions seem to have this sort of techology and it, in theory, could be applied and targeted before anything actualy happened to the person.
    Angel "Berael" Wolf - 220/22 Solitus Engineer RP Profile
    Advisor of Wolf Brigade, A Proud Neutral Organization

AOwiki - A chance to show what you know.
    Hunting Grounds Neutral Neck Items Tradeskill Pricing v3.0 Roleplaying Organizations v2.0 (RK1)

"The world will not evolve past its current state of crisis by using the same thinking that created the situation" - Albert Einstein
    "It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change." - Charles Darwin

The memorial service will be conducted this Thursday, April 27th at 19:00 GMT. It'll take place in "Hell's Courtyard", Stret West Bank (Coords: 1800x3050.)
    Anamelle Marecki, adventurer, leader of Lumen Orien
    Llesa Varela, MP
    Alossa Laurence, beaurocrat, director of Newland News
    Erissen Altaire, doctor
    Vektria Ervasse, fixer
    Daeranne Smith, engineer, Last Ditch Academy scientist
    Lumen Orien

I....I'm speechless....We'd just recently inducted him into the Council and...he seemed to be such a promising member....

*heavy sigh* ....My condolences to all of Podroznicy Rubi-Ka, to have something like this happen....He will be missed not just at the meetings, but by all who knew him.

I don't understand how this could've happened, especially with insurance...
    220 Finalizer (FINALLY, after 3 years without a single ding!) Nulion, Squad Commander (And Council of Truth Clerical Staffer) of Alpha Omega

Once upon a time, I dreamt I was a butterfly...Suddenly I awoke...Now, I do not know whether I was then
    a man dreaming I was a butterfly, or whether I am now a butterfly dreaming that I am a man. - Chuang Tzu

Are we having a rash of strange crime yet?

April 15, 29480 - The Neutral City of Jobe was robbed and the robbers escaped in a mysterious way.
    April 24, 29480 - The Omni City of Rome was robbed of some secret medical equipment that was discovered in a unknown way.
    April 25, 29480 - A CoT rep in the Clan City of Tir has been disposed of in an equaly myserious way without known reason.

All within 10 days of each other, mighty strange. Other things to consider if we just wanted to look at news reports:
    That omni-med guy arrived on RK on April 6, 29480
    The DB attack in Omni-Ent happened on April 1, 29480

If we would want to say that the DB was involved with all of these it wouldn't be going out on too much of a limb because the DB has been known to use 'spirit scattering' weapons in the past. It would also seem, if we assume these events are connected due to their mysterious nature, that they would be being carried out by a "neutral" or simply independent organization. Which the DB surely is, and since that high ranking Omni-Pol officer defected he could have brought with him a large body of knowledge about the resources of Rome or survalence data on the CoT.

The Legionaires might be ruled out because the people fleeing the scene at the Rome robbery were Atroxs which doesn't fit their MO.
    Angel "Berael" Wolf - 220/22 Solitus Engineer RP Profile
    Advisor of Wolf Brigade, A Proud Neutral Organization

AOwiki - A chance to show what you know.
    Hunting Grounds Neutral Neck Items Tradeskill Pricing v3.0 Roleplaying Organizations v2.0 (RK1)

"The world will not evolve past its current state of crisis by using the same thinking that created the situation" - Albert Einstein
    "It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change." - Charles Darwin

Of course there is always the vague hope that Lupert had bypassed his insurance technology via a redeemed garden, if so its concievable he was transported to the shadowlands and decided to lie low there for the time being.

And yes, something very strange seems to be going on...
    ALTS: Alienhunter, Moonglum, Quellist, Quellcrist, Jesharet

PRK in mourning

All Podroznicy Rubi-Ka members from humble Applicant to President are deep in sadness. We enjoyed his presence among us, his innovative engineer ideas, conversations with him. He left us in middle of his best years, best ideas to come, best adventures to have. Now we are shocked after his sudden and mysterious death. PRK hope that authorities will put as much effort as possible to clarify this accident.
    Dziureq, Soldier lvl 220/23
    Podroznicy Rubi-Ka - Polish organisation for Polish players
    Org Home Site: www.anarchy-online.pl

I think it is a little early to declare him dead already. With all the options that are avalable it could come down to any number of ends. Yes, he may be dead for all time, but he may also be alive some where.
    I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it is has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

Gurney "Twistshot" Halleck

Want to learn how to roleplay? Click Here for ideas! Looking for other Roleplayers? /tell channel42 !join and meet them! Want a larger source for RP? Go to www.ao-universe.com