Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What would you like to see on AO, but know that it'd never happen?

Wink Yes very good ideas, heres some more

I enjoy this game but it seems the two main activities is either leveling or pvping, which is getting boring. This game needs in-game entertainment, like gambling, a sport that doesn't include killing one another, like racing, maybe some form of football. These are just some ideas so that we aren't forced to sit there and decide, hmm should i level some more today or go pvp or go play another game. I would like to continue playing but there needs to be other activities, i mean what kind of future just involves killing and killing and more killing? Omni-Entertainment has no entertainment at all, except maybe some RPing, which is an activity but requires more involvement, casual gamers and everyone alike should get some other form of entertainment.

The other idea i have involves upgradable apartments. Perhaps every title level we should be able to pay for upgrades. Anyone ever play the sims? I would like to customize an apartment and maybe place buyable chests inside that do not disappear and can store all items i gather and wish to keep. Also maybe we can place a teleporter, going in sends you to the grid, and a new general nano crystal allows people to teleport themselves to their apartments. As of now apartments are rather useless and i have never had a reason to even get one.
    Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you.

hehe... I kinda think that players can set up some gambling. I mean, the Arena is there. Why not put it to good use?

A bunch of rich and eccentric players can put together a Gladitoral Federation filled with players willing to be gladiators in the arena, then have everyone come in and bet on which player will win their matches...

Of course, there would be a price to pay... LAG!
    Former EQ Cleric lvl 26, no relation to Bugs Bunny
    90 337 $0|\/|3 l337: It's not just for dinner anymore

Don't forget bored level 200 gankers. Of course, maybe they could be the gladiators...

Having the CoT building and the OT Admin building be open to players and have npcs in them that you could actually have a conversation with regarding game information.
    This is actually been worked on. Saw an interview with Sverre Kvernmo and some other guy on Gamespydaily (I think it was) with screenshots of these building's interiors. Was said to be "static" buildings you could walk around in and talk to npc's.
    Cheers,
    Ellusion
    Anarchy Arcanum
    ---
    201 Ellusion, Doctor | Eqp
    202 Snowfish, Agent | Eqp
    215 Edeus, Doc-pet | Eqp

Proud General of Ragnarok

Talking

Originally posted by Skybert

Oh, and a campfire! It would do something like this:

1. put campfire on the ground
    2. pick up fresh ham (ql 41) right-clikc it on the campfire
    3. pick up fresh slice of bread [ql 39) right click it on the campfire
    4. pick up fried burgermeat (ql 47) right-click it on fried slice of bread (ql 45) (which you got from step 2&3)
    5. end up with a nice, tasty warm hamburger (ql 46) to eat while waiting in line for that damn mob/npc to spawn.

Wouldn't that be nice?
    Ever tried UO, Skybert?

Seriously: I'll repeat my former sins and shamelessly try to put myself in the spotlight. It's a LONG post, I know, but do give it a try:
    The Meaning of Life (in AO, that is...)
    May Muir enlighten your path...

Muir Templar Ket Rosteen, Voice of the Templars (Clan solitus Meta-Phycisist).
    Muir Templar Sek Hardeen, Leader of the Templars (Clan solitus Bureaucrat).
    Muir Templar Het Masteen, True Voice of the Tree (Clan solitus Doctor).
    Muir Templar Meg Sylveen, Defender of the Tree (Clan solitus Enforcer).
    Muir Templar Teq Vargeen, Warrior of the Muir (Clan solitus Trader).

Shop sorting :)

I've been posting this all around, 'cause I want it to happen
    ----

This might sound over-simple, but would be a real God-send for all of us.
    Why not allow a player to approach a Armor Shop, enter a QL and Hey Presto! all (Conventional) Armors are available to buy (of that QL).
    same with weapons - but not all weapons, we should have some weapons mission only (like some summons are mission only).

Some may say: But this will rend the Armor trade-skills useless, ha ha, what makes you think they aren't already

It would work...but am I over-simplifying the problem?

------------
    it isn't asking for the world is it? or is it?
    I wouldn't have put it here if I didn't think it would happen
    I must warn you that I fight very dirty, I spit and fart and soil myself

Me

"Sings we a dances of Wolves
    Who smells fear and slays the coward

Sings we a dances of Mans
    Who smells Gold and slays his brother"

Originally posted by Hyperion

Ever tried UO, Skybert?

Seriously: I'll repeat my former sins and shamelessly try to put myself in the spotlight. It's a LONG post, I know, but do give it a try:
    The Meaning of Life (in AO, that is...)
    Nope. AO is actually my first mmorpg. I just thought it could have been nice to have something to do while camping. I was gonna stop at the tent, but then my head started to put strange signals to my keyboard. I just couldn't help myself

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12