Thread: Are dual monitors working for anyone?

Are dual monitors working for anyone?

When I move the AO window to the 2nd monitor on the right it just appears frozen. Any ideas?

mine works awesome, browsing and playing right now, also dual logged mule and main earler. Took long time to load game however, i think it is cause i moved the window during. I was a bit impatient, lol
    How to deal with Beggars
    deniska: Ignore doesn't prevent them from opening a trade with you
    Stormstrider: Which is the perfect time to put 10M into trade window, NOT accept and go get a cup of which ever beverage you drink, smoke a cig, take a bio pause... you get my point

Anyone else having the same problem then?

"works as intended" afaik.
    this is because some technical limitations of the graphics engine.
    If you want to run it on the other screen you'll need to mess some settings around with which screen is primary and maybe swap the connectors they're on.

edit: just noticed this should have been fixed in the new patch.
    Could you mention your setup? How are the screens located and which is primary?
    Last edited by Vhaxx; Aug 30th, 2006 at 08:18:32.
    Formerly Vhab.
    Once upon a time ruled a server. And then sold out. Sorry.

My set-up is an Nvidia 6600 graphics card with the 2nd monitor on the right. I've tried various resolutions, it doesn't seem to make any difference.

All the patch notes say is "Added Multi-monitor support" which could mean different things so I'm not even sure how it's intended to work. I was hoping this would make it possible to run one account on the main monitor and the other one on the 2nd monitor.

Think with multi-monitor support they mean it works on at least 1 monitor now.
    Previously it used to be you couldn't run it on any screen till you managed to get the settings right (and it was insanely picky about this).
    Formerly Vhab.
    Once upon a time ruled a server. And then sold out. Sorry.

Works great for me, even running the game across the screen boudary. Only running in window mode though.
    True hacker.

If I put the window across the screen boundary the part on the main monitor plays normally but the half on the 2nd monitor is frozen at the instant I moved it over like a screenshot. Any idea what would cause that?

same for me and iirc it was same b4 that patch

OMG it works great for me too! I've got a 23"widescreen monitor @ 1920 x 1200 and a 21" monitor @ 1600 x 1200, and I can place my AO window right on the middle between the two of them (so the AO window is bisected down the middle) and both sections move as I move/mouselook!

Now I gotta find a way to make the AO window open to the full desktop size of 3520 x 1200!

(video cards are a pair of PCI-E GeForce 7900 GTs *not* in SLI mode)
    Christine "Crisalys" Kochanski 220/30/70 Nanomage Nano-Technician

License Plates: 2007 / 2008 / 2009 / 2010 / 2011 / 2012 Plate Debate has ended!

Crisalys was born on Fri, Mar 29, 18:48:45, 2002, and as of November 6, 2011, 04:11 GMT,
    Crisalys has played 482 days 15 hours 48 minutes 36 seconds

There is DEFINITELY no letter "A" in the word DEFINITELY.
    What annoys you most at work?