Thread: Autoname Generator

Exclamation Autoname Generator

Hi,
    I think there are two really annoying things about character generation. The firsrt one is the small selection of breeds, but the addon´s going to solve that problem. The second thing is the Autoname generator. Ok, I´ll put it more precisely: that you are forced to use it. It may be a real help for people who cannot think up names for themselves, but there maybe people who don´t want that help. Who think up names for their characters and cannot use them. For those people their should be a third screen in the naming room, where they can insert their own names. One of the people at Funcom said that such a terminal would open the door things like characters named Phillip Ross or Eleena Oak and so Contradict the story. Not if the Techies at Funcom create a routine similiar to the one for the nicknames and insert the names of the important persons into the "used names archive".
    This would make sure that everybody wanting to do so could give his (or her) character a name he (or she) thought up him-/herself and that nobody could disrupt the story. I think the creation of this option would once more improve AO.

Although not quite what you're asking for, previous to this last content patch, the /name command removed first and last names. Sadly, you're automatically assigned a first and last name upon entering the room now.