Thread: Fixer - the beta profession

Fixer - the beta profession

I am playing myself an Enforcer and I think they are a well balanced profession. With QL200 implants I am able to use all my Nanos, although as an Atrox I need some Expertise buffs.

A good friend of mine is playing a Fixer. Today he showed me an interview about Fixer with Jim Salabim http://pub66.ezboard.com/faofixer871...picID=83.topic

Jim Salabim is talking about most weapons ingame were designed during beta (and thats why most of them are crap). Now I wonder if Fixer was also designed during beta ... I will explain why.

I wanted to tweak his lil Fixer a bit and wanted to design his implants for him. He dont like number crunshing and I enjoy it myself. After designing his next set of QL150 implants I was wondering why so much important Cluster for a Fixer need the same slot. So I wanted to test what will happen when he has all Nano skills maxed, abilities maxed and a perfect QL200 implant-set.

What I found out: a Fixer will never never never be able to use all his high-end Nanos. He will need a Shining and a Bright cluster in three Nano skills (MM, PM, SI). All those Shining cluster goes into the Head slot and even the PM and SI Bright cluster need the same slot (Eye). Seems like someone missed to balance out the requirements.

Fixer already need some love from Funcom and this makes it even worse for them. So bump if you agree

Bierbauch

agree

A crat who feels that his profession is strong agrees that Fixers need fixing.

My memory is a little fuzzy, but I recall Fixers being dumbed down a bit towards the end of Beta. I don't believe all their nano skills were dark blue and some other skills were cheaper as well. Actually, I think they may have been pretty balanced at some point in Beta.

I do remember many people thought they were slightly overpowered, and that may have precipitated the pre-nerf. Back then you could clear an entire mission with your 45 m range mausser without leaving the first room (you could shoot through the walls).

It was fun, and fun is bad
    -Cheddar-

Some free advice
    Don't beg. It makes you look like a beggar.