Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Keeper 1-100 Levels of pure fun!

Keeper Starting out levels 1-100

STARTING OUT

BREED
    In this section I will outline the breed advantages/disadvantages for the first 100 levels, for more advanced breed tactics please refer to my other guide which is stickied in the keeper guides thread.

ATROX

Advantages:
    1.Green Stamina
    2.Green Strength
    3.Higher Hitpoints (HP)
    4.Others

1.STAMINA

Your 2-handed edged (2he) skill is 40% dependent on stamina, and having green stamina means you can increase your stamina with very minimal improvement points (ips) meaning your 2he skill will be substantially cheaper than all the other breeds.

Also a lot of keeper armour requires stamina to equip so atroxes have an easier time equipping them. Other important skills reliant on stamina are:

body development (body dev.) which means you spend less ips raising your HP

Brawling, a skill required for many weapons and a great attack to have since it has a chance of stunning your opponent and doing decent damage at the same time.

Run-speed, being faster is never bad.

2.STRENGTH

Your 2he skill is 60% dependent on strength. Armour such as tier armour and CAS both require strength.

Other skills dependent on strength are:

brawling

runspeed

sensory improvement is 20% dependent on strength, this can be useful for casting your self skill buffs such as 2he and fastattack.

3.HP
    How do you die? Your HP is reduced to 0, so having more HP means it takes longer for you to die, simple yet very effective way of extending your lifespan. Atroxes also get 4 HP for every body dev. per point so base HP will be a lot higher than the other breeds.

4.Others

Silken Legchopper gloves: 40 2he in glove slot unique to atroxes.

Disadvantages

1.Intelligence
    2.Psychic
    3.Sense

1.Intelligence
    All your nanoskills and also computer literacy (c.lit) are highly dependent on intelligence (int) having dark blue int means it is very expensive in ips to keep this ability up to date, you may find you regularly cannot cast nanos your level allows.

Computer literacy almost certainly will limit your nano control unit (ncu) space as well. Treatment and First Aid are also half dependent on int and this means the implants and symbiants that are available to you are rather lower in quality compared to the other breeds.

2.Psychic
    Keeper auras cost a lot of nanopoints and since nanopool is 70% dependent on psychic and it is dark blue for troxes then you may find you will have trouble casting your auras at the unlocked levels without some sort of nanocost reducing buff or lend nano buff from traders and MAs. Dimach is also psychic based and also most of the speed skills, so similarly for int your speed and nanoskills will be more expensive in terms of ips.

3.Sense
    Not so important but it does affect speed skills, some nanoskills, dimach and fastattack, the latter being one of your main damage skills.

NANOMAGE:

Advantages

1.Intelligence
    2.Psychic
    3.Nanopool
    4.Others

1.Intelligence
    Green intelligence means you have a cheaper ip cost in raising your intelligence, so as a consequence these skills will be cheaper in ips:

Nanoskills
    Evades
    Melee init
    Treatment
    First Aid

2.Psychic
    Main contributer to nanopool, will have an easier time getting enough max nano to cast those auras, also skills like dimach, inits, evades and nanoskills are dependent on this ability.

3.Nano
    Nanomages get 4 points of max nano every nanopool point they raise which means you have to spend less ip on that dark blue skill to be able to cast your nanos.

4.Others
    You can equip Shades of lucubration for a nice meaty 30 int/psy and also the nanomage unique sleeves: De'Valos Sleeves which add 30 to all nanoskills and also 30 ncu each at ql 200.

Disadvantages

1.Strength
    2.Agility
    3.HP

1.Strength
    As you probably already figured out, strength is kind of a high priority for keepers so this being dark blue doesn't help a keeper much at all and therefore a lot of core skills of a keeper will be lower as a nanomage.

2.Agility
    Agility is also an important ability for a keeper to have, as many symbiants require this skill and getting on the higher quality ones will be a challenge.

3.HP
    Nanomages only get 2 HP per body dev point they raise, even if body dev is a cheap skill to raise it still means a nanomages HP is quite behind all the other breeds.

OPIFEX:

Advantages

1.Agility
    2.Sense

1.Agility
    Core skill that pops up in various different parts of a Keeper's toolset, evades and inits being 2 and also our main special: fastattack is 60% dependant on agility so you will generally find that an Opi keeper will have higher fastattack than other breeds. This ability also has another advantage, you can make a lot of custom implants that are dependant on agility and since agility is so easy to buff it means you can equip a lot higher quality implants, armour and other things on your keeper. Treatment is also a bit higher due to high agi.

2.Sense
    Not such an important skill for a keeper but your evades, inits, fastattack and treatment are dependant on this ability partially. Opifexes have a cheap agi/sense so it makes sense to equip these armours this therefore naturally directs an opifex keeper to wear such armours as apocalypse leather/omni steel-ribbed and crawler/prowler armour which adds to evades and inits, helping the opifex keeper to survive.

Disadvantages

1.Stamina
    Stamina is such an important skill for keepers, as most armours later on the game will require it (especially OFAB) it also crops up in a lot of main keeper skills and having dark blue stamina means that an opifex keeper will have a harder time getting keeper specific armour on as well as 2he and brawl being lower than the other breeds.

SOLITUS

No advantages or disadvantages to speak of here, unless you count being equally good at everything as an advantage. Solitus do get a lot of nice stuff at higher levels though so don't completely shelf this breed.

For the first 100 levels however you will probably find you will be behind atrox (and maybe even opifex) a bit but not by much. At least you won't have any troubles casting your nanos and you can put on any type of armour you wish with relative ease. IP consumption is also a little on the high side due to all abilities being blue, this is mainly inconsequential when you get into your shadowlevels however.

JUST AS A SIDE NOTE:

Your jump height is determined by your BASE (non-buffed) strength and agility, this means that opifex and atrox breeds will jump higher than the other two.

YOUR FIRST STEPS

You make your keeper and Anarchy loads up: you find yourself in the Jobe training area you HAVE to start in there as a keeper so no free ai levels like the other professions.

You load up on a platform in a strange strange place, open your inventory up by pressing the "I" button and take a look at your starting items. First right click on your "projector" and a lil guy pops out and give you a brief intro to SL.

Ok lets take a look at the other more useful stuff, namely your weapon. The starter sword you start off with is the biggest pile of poop but its all you have and you better equip it, to do this, just right click it. One more thing you start with is a nanocrystal called "Keeper's Edge" which adds a nice 12 to your 2he skill, right click it and it will appear in your nanoprograms list and also on your hotbar for ease of use.

One more thing: your Jobe bracer, you can equip it if you like as it has a +5 add all def mod which is small but better than nothing, the main thing this does is teleport you into the jobe Backyard until you are over level 16. To teleport, simply right click on the bracer. You end up on a platform with a bridge attached to it, run toward the bridge and talk to Drake Rodriguez, do all the missions you get from him (There are plenty of guides for these quests so i won't list them here).

SKILLS AND IP DISTRIBUTION

Since the 16.3 Patch, FC have introduced an automatic ip distribution feature that works until level 20. If you want to use it and worry about more important things it's a very handy way save some time and thought however I suggest you take a look at the skills below to better understand your profession.

Agility: max this every level, implants and armour depend on this as well as jump height mentioned earlier.

Strength: Max it, its a core keeper ability

Stamina: Same as above, a few implants can be made to require stamina and it is one of the easier skills to buff at low levels

Intelligence: All nanoskills are 80% dependant on this so unless you don't want to cast any nanos (not recommended) then you should max this skill

Sense: If you are an opi then maybe you can afford this skill, but for any other breed you can easily survive without sense in the first 100 levels. If you plan on using predator armour though, I advise you max it.

Psychic: Nanomages may raise this if they REALLY want (since its green for them) but even then its probably one of the Keeper's lowest priority skills in the first 100 levels.

Brawling: Not many of the weapons you get in the first 100 levels uses this skill, so unless you get one, leave this skill alone

Dimach: Most keeper weapons have this special, its really not worth it at lower levels because the heal just won't be useful enough at it's a 60 minute cooldown.

Riposte: Avoid weapons that require this unless you're going to stay at a certain level ((Exact)Copy of the Excalibur and (Long)Sword of the Illuminated and Kyr'ozch Sword- type 880 are exceptions) as this skill is nothing but a weapon requirement. Could change soon though! Jk, been waiting almost 3 years.

2he: Max skill at all times, its our primary weapon skill

Fastattack: Our main special I like to keep mine maxed so I have a lower recharge time, but if you are tight on ips you can neglect this a little, Flurry of Blows also requires this skill and it is one of our main DD increasing items.

Parry: same as riposte, a broken skill that does nothing. Could change soon though! Jk.

Melee initiative: I tend to max this as most of the weapons from 1-100 have relatively slow attack speeds, having high init also means you can start going defensive while doing the same damage.

Nano init: Keepers have one active nano they cast in battle and it's a pvp related one that has a cap of 1 second cast time. Better leave this skill alone for the first 100 levels.

Dodge-rng: I would start putting IPs into this as you near level 100 (or if you start RK mission early then put it in earlier) because you will start to want to do tokens around then and RK mobs use ranged weapons.

Evade Clsc: I max this as it's our cheapest evade skill and most mobs in SL that you will meet from level 1-100 check against this.

Duck exp: I leave this well alone, this evade is only checked against shotgun wielding npcs and hecklers, you don't need to invest so many ips just to kill one shotgun npc and you won't be tanking hecklers at this level.

Nano Resist: Leave this alone.

Run Speed: Being able to run fast is nice, but it isn't essential. I like to keep mine updated.

Computer literacy: Just because it's dark blue doesn't mean you have to be scared of it, very important skill for all professions so put enough points in it to equip the best belt available, I keep mine maxed just because I'm lazy.

Bio Met: used in all our auras, only raise when you have an aura you want to cast

Psy Mod: Same as above, but this skill is also used in our weapon buffs.

Sense imp: Look above

Time&space: Used in our procs for extra damage, again raise only when required. I recommend only raising this enough to be able to cast fury until level 100.

Mat Met: completely useless for keepers, don't touch it. Ever.

First Aid: its a cheap skill and has saved me a few times when soloing. Still useful in a team situation to stim others

Treatment: Arguably the most important skill in game, I max at all times to equip better symbiants/implants but you can just wait until you want to equip something and then just raise it.

These are the only skills that you really need in the first 100 levels.
    Last edited by Manaas; Aug 3rd, 2013 at 03:09:57. Reason: Update, lol

Quote Originally Posted by manaas View Post
    you may find you will have trouble casting your auras at the required levels without some sort of nanocost reducing buff or lend nano buff from traders and MAs.
    you need to still meet the required amount of nano-points to cast a buff regardless of how much -Cost gear you have...
    Sense drips into evades as well and you left out AGILITY dude?

nice start to a guide, keep it up and let's get it finished.

220s "Wakizaka", "Sneakygank", "Wakimango", "Wakisolja", "Tardersauce", "Bushwaki", "Midgetgank", "Bugfixxx", "Ramsbottom", "Paskadoc"
    200s Chrisd, Malema, Delbaeth
    TL5s Youfail, Bugfixx, Riothamus, Johndee

Proud President of Haven | TL5 PvP

PART 2

EQUIPMENT

I always say that what's on the inside that counts. In the case of AO its your implants and utilities. Armour has a relatively low priority when it comes to equipment since if you can't equip decent implants the quality of your armour suffers.

The basic shops on RK sell ready-made implants all the way to ql 100 and these should be fine to use up until level 60, upgrade as your funds and time allows. When you hit 60, this is a typical update time as it is the max level for The Temple of Three Winds. Buy the ql 125 empty implants and then put these clusters into them: Imp Config

NCU is such an important part of a keeper, your auras will require lots of ncu and at the moment, self-buffing myself at level 220 requires almost 600 ncu. Here's a few quick and easy tips on getting as much NCU as you can at lower levels:

Max intelligence, will cost you ips but its worth it in the end

Max comp. lit, obvious there.

Make some comp. lit implants, highest you can equip

Grab a Neuronal stimulator from an NT, that's a free 5 comp lit

put 2 Second-Hand Old English Trading Co. on, its a free 2.5 comp lit.

If you're lucky enough to own/be able to borrow 2 of these, thats and extra 5 comp lit compared to the pistols.

Above level 20 you can slap this on for a free 5 comp lit.

Utilities are just the little extras that can make all the difference. For the first 100 levels there are only a few that are worth mentioning. The melee fighter manuals that drop off SL mobs adds 1-4 2he/brawl/fastattack/dimach depending on which guide you get, you aren't going to get anything better at this level so you might as well use them. These are what I am talking about.

For hud, a garden or sanctuary key should sit in there for the majority of the time (sanct preferably) as they add treatment and in the case of sanct keys: ncu and inits, very important.

For hud 2 you can grab a Sided earring this or this. If you are neut you can wear both but i recommend you use only one and use a sanct key in hud 1 and a crit increaser in hud 3 such as: viral targeting subunit (various qls) or a Targeting scope-Vision Enhancer (various qls) or for a more defensive approach: Eremite Macro Sensor as it has a 1 crit decrease which means mobs/players have 1 less % chance of critting you. This sounds pathetic but it is surprisingly effective.

ARMOUR

Armour is the last thing you should worry about, but it is still quite important. During your first 20 levels you can probably get away by wearing a medsuit or the starter armour: Sundance Armour
    After that then Armour Classes (ACs) start to matter. The mechanics of ACs work like this:

10 AC reduces 1 damage of the selected type
    e.g. a mob hits me for 10 melee damage with 0 melee AC
    If i then have 80 melee AC then it will only hit me for 2 damage.

Level based armour choices:
    20-60 Carbonum, sided or not. Apocalypse/Omni-steel ribbed. CAS symbiotic.
    60-100 Crawler/Prowler. Tier. Carb works too. Apoc/Omni-steel and CAS still will do for this level. Predator armour is an expensive but good choice.

The best general armour in terms of cost vs efficiency is Carbonum Plate for a keeper imo.

WEAPONS

After your starter sword you probably would want something a bit better so I will list an extensive weapon choice programme determined by level ranges and give pros and cons for each one. Depending on your playstyle you can choose your weapon.

5-30 I ditched my Keeper Sword as soon as possible and with a bit of outside help I obtained a Kyr'ozch Sword at ql 15, this beat the keeper sword by about a mile and really made for quicker levelling. If you don't have access to this weapon I suggest killing the birds in the starting area for these:

Apprentice Sword of Sir Tristram
    Now the Tristram sword is for players who like high damage, it has a slow attack speed you will probably be at full agg using this to get the best performance, this does mean you will take more damage but it is negligable at this level. Kind of slow attack speed

Guard of the Gentleman
    A much faster sword with only a bit less attack power, this is the ideal sword for a lowbie keeper but it loses its charm as you get higher qls as its attack speed increases. My recommended sword of choice for the backyard.

Jobe Defender Naginata
    An all-round weapon with average damage and attack speed. Higher min damage is a plus but not really that relevant at such low levels.

I used these weapons of various quality (up to about ql 22) until I was level 30, all these weapons are also available in the Garden of Nascence shop (xxxxx of furious fists).

30-100
    After you hit about 30 (earlier is very possible) you will start to notice that the previously mentioned weapons start losing their efficiency although it is perfectly viable to keep using those swords (at a higher ql obviously) but there are a few exceptional weapons to be obtained from a low level dungeon called "The Temple of Three Winds" or ToTW for short. There are guides around to the dungeon so I won't go into details here. There are three 2he weapons to be obtained from there:
    Energy Scythe
    The weakest of the weapons, slow attack speed but with decent damage in proportion to the skill required to wield it. You will probably find that a tristram or gentleman sword of equal requirements will OD it purely because of the speed.
    Frost Scythe of the Legionnaire
    Here is where things start getting interesting, 227-227 damage you say? This means you will hit for exactly the same damage per hit regardless of ACs of the thing you're hitting which makes this weapon VERY effective against high AC mobs. Slow but will probably OD anything else of equal requirement due to its hard consistent damage.
    Stygian Desolator
    The most powerful of the three weapons, a very fast attack speed means that your Fastattack recharge will be low and you can land many extra attacks due to that, it also has a 6% chance of casting Stygian Desolation which is a cool extra attack.

ELITE WEAPONS

These will ONLY be available to people who
    A. Have lots of credits
    B. A main character above level 200
    C. High level friends

(long)sword of the Illuminated
    A very rare and decent weapon, can be equipped at level 60 (or even earlier) Extremely expensive exceeding the 100million credits mark and requires someone with adonis access to camp. A high max damage combined with a very fast attack speed means this can deal a lot of damage very quickly. Ideal weapon for pre level 125, low min damage however does limit its practicality after level 125
    Kyr'ozch Sword type112 or 880
    Very decent all-round weapons, high min damage means you will be doing consistent damage and an average speed is quite formidable.
    Maiden Naginata
    Turnspirit weapon that only Omni can equip, very high min damage but is quite slow, nice alternative weapon that looks original.
    Double Sword of Counteraction
    Clan version of the above.
    Ofab Wolf Mk x If you do a bit of battlestation these are pretty good weapons if you have 5 type 18 bio material lying around. Otherwise don't bother.

PERKS

Keepers have an array of perks and I will list which useful ones are available to them and also a guide on perk allocation

SHADOWLANDS PERKS:

Aura of Revival: a very useful perk in the first 100 levels, it heals a certain amount every 6 seconds and you can have a max of 5 perks in this at level 100 and this heals 192 points every 6 seconds, better than any HoT available to you

Blessing: Adds HP and healperks, not too useful at lower levels as the HP bonuses are paltry and the healperks won't do much healing.

Holy Mark: Adds ACs, evades and a debuff perks, not greatly useful at lower levels since the bonuses on the earlier perks are rather small.

Street Samurai: Adds Damage, Fastattack, parry and riposte quite nice at lower levels due to the added damage and nice damage perks.

Bio Shielding: An absolute must after level 50 I would say due to the Bio cocoon perk which absorbs 800 damage and lasts for 30 seconds (a real lifesaver) Adds shield damage and ACs which makes it one of the best defensive perks in our toolset before endgame.

REAVER: Not really that essential despite what you might think. You will get 2 damage perks and some 2he skill from this line. Only perk this if you're trying to equip a weapon early, otherwise Street Samurai will provide better damage.
    Last edited by Manaas; Aug 3rd, 2013 at 03:19:00.

Quote Originally Posted by Wakizaka View Post
    you need to still meet the required amount of nano-points to cast a buff regardless of how much -Cost gear you have
    fairly sure you dont have to, seem to remember it worked fine with the MP cost reducer when i didnt have the required amount of nano points.

Cost reduction will help you cast nanos with to high cost.
    The Barrier nanos will prolly be the best example as they have the highest cost as far as I remember. My keeper needs cost reduction to cast the level 195 barrier unless I wanna swap on a pair of nano aruls.
    Former President of Unlimited High Society - We're recruiting 220/30/66 Eternalist Mardonge - Equip 220/25/70 Savior Bioth - Equip 220/22/64 Dictator Cratzi - Equip 220/22/58 Mogul Stressed 199/22/45 Don Riksmongo - Equip 194/19/52 Spetsnaz 176/18/42 Master 5th Dan Maofex - Equip 100/10/28 Biomare - Equip Foremans Twink ************************************************** Be vewy vewy quiet, Im hunting whinomen

Wierd becauseI've had Web running on me at a time where I couldn't cast one of my auras, I thought I would be able to after getting the buff but it still complained about the lack of nano points! :/ Dunno if it's been changed in the last 6-9 months because that was about the last I lacked nano to cast something

220s "Wakizaka", "Sneakygank", "Wakimango", "Wakisolja", "Tardersauce", "Bushwaki", "Midgetgank", "Bugfixxx", "Ramsbottom", "Paskadoc"

Levelling Guide

Comprehensive levelling guide to take you to level 100 as quickly or slowly as you want

You COULD technically level off RK missions for your first 100 levels, this has 2 benefits:
    1.A good infusion of credits from Mission rewards and general income from missions you could find a lot of nanos which means you don't have to buy them and also find valuable loot that you can sell.

2.Tokens, getting 1k tokens before level 100 will give you a huge advantage when you hit level 100 since the item you receive once you get 1000 tokens is possibly the best item in the game for one slot.

Although this is only marginally more interesting than hitting rocks (Hecklers) all day long so lets look at some alternatives...

1-10 Everyone starts in Nascence training, do the quests and hit your first perk level there

10-20 Number of places in SL now, you can level at the spirit ruins in the nascence frontier. There are an abundance of level 10 spirits there, be careful as they are social and be careful of the dynas: The Lady, The Lord and Soul Dredge.

You can also level at the spider camp just beside the large wall in the frontier outskirts, its full of level 15 spiders that are non-aggressive and non-social (meaning they won't all attack you if you slice one). You can easily level up to 20 here. Also malah-anas populate the area and give about the same exp, but beware of Spinetooth Hatchlings: they can eaisly nuke up to 400 dmg which is quite deadly at this level.

Further on in the frontier outskirts you will find a hiathlin camp, a predator camp and another hiathlin camp. Mobs range from level 14 to 17 here an is a nice place for you to get your second perk level.

20-30 The most popular place to level now is the affectionately named "crip cave" (no it doesn't have anything to do with physically disadvantaged people living in a cave) which houses crippler mobs at level 28, you would want to bring a team here unless you are extremely well-equipped, but this is a prime place to hit your level 30 and i cant think of many other places to go for these levels in the shadowlands.

30-40 Levelling places start opening up for you now. You can kill the croakers at the end of the crippler cave, they are levels 30-36 but there aren't many of them. More croakers can be found just north of the aban (Clan) statue in the Two Mountains region and its a popular levelling place. There are also static dungeons scattered around Nascense which house level 40-60 mobs which give significant chunks of exp each, these are marked by blue squares on the map. Malahs in the core are also around level 34-40ish and can fill this gap in levelling also, not very camped so if you have a decent team you can blitz through them easily.

If you're a bit more daring you can start taking on the sided mobs in nascence, they range from level 28 all the way to 50 and if you can grab a team of same faction people you can bash these for a while. They can be found in Brawl (omni type mobs) and Silence (Clan type mobs) They also drop an array of weapons/armour and nice items.

40-70 Now comes the crunch time, you now start to get your first taste of heckler meat . These big bad boys are level 80 and sure pack a punch for their level, but a well equipped team can rip through them like no tomorrow. They have about 6k hp and do from 180ish dmg all the way to 400ish crits with a fast attack rate. If you start killing these at level 40 it will take about 11 hecklers for one level all the way to about level 48. And past that the exp starts slowing down but not by much. Can level on these for quite a bit.

Alternatives include going to totw: which i highly recommend due to the many nodrop items you can obtain there which are invaluable to a keeper such as the weapons the exarch robe, the rockcrusher gauntlets and guardian circut board.
    ToTW is also really good to start working on your team skills since a lot of the people you team there will be not very good. If you can keep a totw team going then you must being doing something right .

Subway from x-24, they recently buffed the amount of experience you receive from subway monsters, it can be a nice place to level.

Steppes of Madness from x-50, this place was revamped and received a lot of interesting items and is worth checking out. Here's the link for the guide. You should be on the lookout for a Brainchopper and Gentle hands, additionally the belt and ncus that Neleb drop are very good.

You could also make your way to elysium and kill hoathlans,malah-anas and normal mobs just running around. They come about level 60ish and are similar difficulty to nascence hecklers.

70-100 There are three main places where you can effectively level.
    Mortiig beach: this is full of mortiigs ranging from about level 105 to 120 and give decent exp per kill and also have chances to drop spiritechs which are needed for perennium weapons. Just north of Barter
    Chill Spiders: level 105-120ish again, found on cold rock
    Excaibur's end/Tiig island: Similar to the beach but with a high concentration of mortiigs on an island instead, watch out for elysium hecklers though.

Other more unorthodox places include the tinker tower and other SL statics, don't expect to be able to do these until nearer level 90 as they contain mobs up to level 150 good place to hunt for improved nanos and scheol insignias.

There is also a devourer camp near the divide full of devourers form level 90 to 110ish, good for a while but then starts losing its charm when you near level 90ish.

Also behind the large building at port 7, there are a number of spiders and devourers there ranging fro level 90 all the way to level 125 ad can be quite a nice levelling place, they are closely grouped together however and also social so can be quite dangerous. Watch out for NTs kiting it.

If you are lucky to get a heckler team in elysium before level 100 then they are undoubtly the best source of exp, but this is highly unlikley. They give up to about 220k exp per heck depending on your exp cap but have about 20k hp and hit VERY hard for these levels.

For a non-SL solution, you may want to check out cyborgs in mort.

TOOLS

Here are a few things that will help you a LOT during your whole gameplay:

http://www.aomaps.com This site contains the best maps for all of the AO world.
    Last edited by Manaas; Aug 3rd, 2013 at 03:31:17.

Why'd u leave out 2 Handed Edge from the Left Arm?

Just wondering why you skipped evades in the section on IP distribution. I think this is an important part of our toolset, and greatly effects soloability.

oops, can't remember everything which is what i need you guys to keep reminding me about stuff . duno why i left out 2he on left arm, seems stupid now. But ye evades aren't too important in the first 100 levels but ill go into more detail about that in my guide. How is it so far though?

It's not to bad so far but you're not very objective about advantages/disadvantages when it comes to Solitus. I know you're biased and all but the point of a Base Guide is to lay it down flat for all to see!

Quote Originally Posted by jjones2666
    fairly sure you dont have to, seem to remember it worked fine with the MP cost reducer when i didnt have the required amount of nano points.
    I hope you know I'm talking about Max Nano?! If a buff costs 3000 Nano to cast and you have a Nano Pool of 2999 Nano, you cannot cast the buff even with Cost Reduction... Not sure if FunCom ever fixed it but it makes sense that they wouldn't.

I hope you know I'm talking about Max Nano?! If a buff costs 3000 Nano to cast and you have a Nano Pool of 2999 Nano, you cannot cast the buff even with Cost Reduction... Not sure if FunCom ever fixed it but it makes sense that they wouldn't.
    Not correct, have used cost reducers to cast bots on both my crat and engy, works fine.
    Balneator 220/30/70
    Threekaynuek Growing NT
    Balneatrix 200 twink to be

Tanked the first ever killed Artillery Commander for ~5 bubs.
    [Tankosaurus]: GOGO BAL TANK that <expleted for safe meh from moderater>
    You were attacked with nanobots from Artillery Commander for 335000 points of energy damage.
    You died of nano program damage!

Quote Originally Posted by Balneator View Post
    Not correct, have used cost reducers to cast bots on both my crat and engy, works fine.
    It always used to give me grief with casting Imminence/Barrier/Ward though even though i met the reduced cost... It was a long time ago so I could be very easily wrong then :/

Edited to make more sense on the solitus breed, weapons, armour, levelling guide coming soon

I think you start these threads to write about how awesome solitus is.
    Experienced Kazbah - 220 Keeper - <3

Quote Originally Posted by bonzay1
    to bad u are a trash U HAVE LACK AT TALKING

W/E i didn't say anything good or bad aboutt soli stfu you massive teddy bear

What's wrong with my auto IP layout btw?
    Balneator 220/30/70
    Threekaynuek Growing NT

You were attacked with nanobots from Artillery Commander for 335000 points of energy damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Balneator View Post
    What's wrong with my auto IP layout btw?
    Strength instead of 2 handed edge

oops, can't remember everything which is what i need you guys to keep reminding me about stuff . duno why i left out 2he on left arm, seems stupid now. But ye evades aren't too important in the first 100 levels but ill go into more detail about that in my guide. How is it so far though?
    Good.

Two suggestions.

1. If the first set of Jobe armor requires strength, stamina, agility, and intelligence, why dwell on where to put your abilities points for the first 100 levels? As long as I can afford to keep those maxed, I will, until I get my first set. On the other hand, if there's a need to raise sense and psychic, I could probably use some lessons in that.

2. You're right that some of the old guides need updating, or at least a means of asking "what did you mean by that?" since they are all locked. Big ones for me is why was there an emphasis on gaining cash, to the point of suggesting missions rather than doing SL static dungeons for pearls and patterns? Where do you go to spend it? Yeah, I know that the Jobe armor costs one million each for the basic stuff. Why do people emphasize hecklers? That sort of thing.

Thanks for working on this!

Strength instead of 2 handed edge
    Just tested this and it definately IP's 2 hand edge and strength.
    Balneator 220/30/70
    Threekaynuek Growing NT

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast