Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: AO Comic, now AO Movie? OMG!

my accent isn't thick, screw joo
    ¤ League of Legends - 68WM1 ¤

My PvP policy: If you can't beat 'em, annoy 'em!

Quote Originally Posted by Xyboc View Post
    my accent isn't thick, screw joo
    lol!
    Twitch Channel - Youtube Channel - Twitter - Facebook - Pinterest
    AO Universe - By Players, For Players! The #1 AO Fansite Worldwide - Site Founder (Retired). | AOSpeak - Unofficial AO Teamspeak 3 Server - Founder (Retired). | AO Recipebook - In-Game Recipe/Tradeskill Bot - Founder (Retired).
    Founding member of the Council of Truth Clerical Staff.
    Keep in mind: My posts are my own personal views and thoughts.

Quote Originally Posted by Windguaerd View Post
    I'll be contacting FC & ARK (email just sent) to see if they are able to collaborate with the project.

If either is on board, it means we'll be looking for a script, if you're a writer...start writing!
    You're sending this to me as well right?

Youtube already has some AO machinima, so sure, it's possible.
    Uni "Unixint80" Idoru, 206/13 Neutral NT Veteran of Shattered Dreams
    What I've Got My Perk Setup My Nuke Setup (All slightly outdated)

FREE BOREALIS!!!

Running down ideas for a script in my head as we speak. However it would go much better if we had the transfer thing implimented....Thats going to really shake up RP i mean some of the heavyweights meeting on both dimensions. Xaun and windy on D2 Nulion Hyperion5182 Dagget or Trousers on D1 Other well known names....could be very very intresting.

Quote Originally Posted by Famine View Post
    You're sending this to me as well right?
    Uh...yeah yeah! I jusr forwarded, I sent it to Craig (Silirrion) and Terri Perkins.
    AO Universe - By Players, For Players! The #1 AO Fansite Worldwide - Site Founder (Retired). | AOSpeak - Unofficial AO Teamspeak 3 Server - Founder (Retired). | AO Recipebook - In-Game Recipe/Tradeskill Bot - Founder (Retired).

I Like The episoded Idea, Would make it much easier, also makes it easier to change the direction of it e.t.c Yeah i can give it a go (can't put a whole lot of time in, but i can put a little)

Windguaerd : i love this idea.. Good luck on the project..
    General Of Legion

Quote Originally Posted by Landcast View Post
    Windguaerd : i love this idea.. Good luck on the project..
    Hey hey! this is still an idea/concept so far!

My dream project AO Universe started the same way, took a while to get it off the ground, but now it's been online for over a year and it's among the top AO sites around.

For those following the AO Comic here is an update.

Right now I'm trying to see if a well organized plan can be done BEFORE the project can be considered something that we can do (and when I say we it means other players).

I'm trying to see if FC and/or ARK would like to get involved (may make things slightly easier...and would be fun to work with them folks anyways).

Alienchild's post sure helped a lot, and other feedback (like making 15min episodes) of course I must also consider.

However as in any project, there must be a Project Lead, someone with the time and dedication to not just start it but make it to the end, and having the strength to encourage those involved to keep it active from start to finish.

Right now I'm working on the AO Comic, light duties at AO Universe (thanks to Khuri's extraordinay coding skills) and trying to rebuild my clan while still dealing with wife aggro ("you still playing that?") and RL stuff.

I have good ideas (some great) all the time, problem is that my time is limited so I usually try to gather people with skills to get things done (giving them the credit they deserve of course) so that a project can be completed.

An AO Movie would be something of a milestone, I don't think I ever heard (even in WoW) of any MMO Community that has ever attempted to make a full-length movie feature based on the game they play.

It's not an easy goal for sure, but one worth the effort I think. I'm almost to the point of asking people to submit scripts =D
    Last edited by Windguaerd; Oct 18th, 2006 at 22:20:02.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Tionz View Post
    I Like The episoded Idea, Would make it much easier, also makes it easier to change the direction of it e.t.c Yeah i can give it a go (can't put a whole lot of time in, but i can put a little)
    thank you
    Utada 220/17 Doc
    Kimahri 196/6 NT
    Gsusluvsme 150/10 Sol
    Paidit 105/2 Crat

I had a cool idea just now...

It goes along with the episodes thing.
    I don't know maybe.

Episode 1: Anarchy Online
    Episode 2: The Notum Wars
    Episode 3: A Portal Has Been Opened (The Shadowlands)
    Episode 4: Alien Invasion
    Episode 5: Lost Eden

Now I realise thats probably jumping ahead a bit but, just an idea I had just now
    Joe "Sefus" Werkit 212/17
    Squad Commander - PR - Recruitment
    3305 Local

Quote Originally Posted by Sefus View Post
    I had a cool idea just now...

It goes along with the episodes thing.
    I don't know maybe.

Episode 1: Anarchy Online
    Episode 2: The Notum Wars
    Episode 3: A Portal Has Been Opened (The Shadowlands)
    Episode 4: Alien Invasion
    Episode 5: Lost Eden

Now I realise thats probably jumping ahead a bit but, just an idea I had just now
    Oooooh, nice feedback!

Might have a tough time with Lost Eden tho. My episode idea wasn't exactly directed towards the phases of how the game came by til this day. The topic is rather too broad imo. I'm aiming for more of like an event in different phases if u kno what i mean lol
    Utada 220/17 Doc
    Kimahri 196/6 NT
    Gsusluvsme 150/10 Sol
    Paidit 105/2 Crat

Ok, gonna start a new thread about the AO Movie:

Project: AO Movie - Stage One "The Story"

In other words, I have started the wheel of fortune....let's see if we hit the jackpot!

Quote Originally Posted by Sefus View Post
    I'm sure some in-game music will be used but if ya need original stuff let me know.

I would be very excited to work on this project.
    Be careful with the music. You may end up having some evil advocates from a big record company knocking on you front door.

Anyway, AO movie sounds very intresting. And if you need a actor, just let me know.

I dont know if you have been on this site, but maybe you can get some idea here on how to make it. http://www.machinima.com/index.php
    Knowlede of the past is the key to the future

Profile Soldatius

AO Universe - By Players, For Players! Gameplay/Quests/Locations Guides, News, Articles, Columns, AO Launcher Skins, Wallpapers, Maps, Utilities, Friendly Forums and the #1 Roleplaying Source for the community!

Quote Originally Posted by phantomaeon View Post
    Might have a tough time with Lost Eden tho. My episode idea wasn't exactly directed towards the phases of how the game came by til this day. The topic is rather too broad imo. I'm aiming for more of like an event in different phases if u kno what i mean lol
    yeah I hear ya. Hell, we all know the story

I just thought that if we are going to make a good quality movie it would take a while and by the time LE comes out we might be about ready to start thinking about it.
    At least if we were to make the BEST Quality flick we could.

Also the script would be easier to write, people would have more of a sense of what they are doing. But it was just an idea...they could lead into each other in a way that makes you want to see more, and so on.

nuther $0.02 worth
    Joe "Sefus" Werkit 212/17
    Squad Commander - PR - Recruitment
    3305 Local

This is still a live project, had the cold so that took me down a week.

Here is a video I made for fun... Set to Avalanches - Since I left you.
    Used fraps, etc. Got like 10 minutes of footage, and spent about 20 editing it, mostly because I didnt like missing out on all that SK...

Anarchy Online - Since I Left You

=P

With that being said, this sounds like fun...

No script received as of yet....still hoping.

if you use my voice, you must now how to control its pure sex energy.

which you do not know how to control.
    Emergenzee Level 220 'Trustworthy' Doctor
    Circle of Notum

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast