Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: A question for funcom about the new Padded Love Fixer-only armor

Re: What a sook!

Originally posted by Shtylez
    Hehe....why you crying about something you got no business crying about anyway? Like level 50 and you are crying about QL200 armor that you got no business being in anyway.
    First of all I've been playing a fixer since day1 of release. Why then do you ask am I only in my 50's? Well because of nerfs and other unforseen events I've had to re-roll my fixer twice. The original Xaielao was in his upper 70's before I trashed him and rerolled on RK2.

2nd I'm not whinning about QL200 armor, because unlike you I am informed. I play on test and and have seen myself Padded Love that is under QL200.

3rd I find it hard to believe that you max all primary skills and have gotten a character past 30th level. Do you really max sense and psychic on your Atrox Enforcer?

4th If I actually got my hands on some of that Love armor that I could wear (I have about 135 stamina unbuffed) and with QL70 shinning and bright life implants I have almost 1500hp. I also wear QL70ish Nadir Steel Ribbed that requires low 200's in sense and agi (I have a shinning QL70 agi implant, and there are quite a few sense buffs over the gen ones). IF I put on padded love for the +10 to my nano skills it would give me total (this is speculation but an intelligent guess) I'd have to wear probably QL40 or so. My AC would go down from the 1700 it is now with a QL60 ICC Messenger Cloak and my Nadir Steel-Ribbed to about 800.

Do you seriously think I would DO THAT? When you say so what it's stamina based who gives a crap. About 95% of the Fixer population does because they'd be SERIOUSLY gimped for AC if they chose Padded Love over some higher quality Sense/Agi or Str/Agi!

Ok.. rant off but I just love how people come to my post and ***** because I don't know what I"m talking about when I've been playing this profession MORE then likely longer then they've been playing the game!
    http://community.anarchy-online.com/...1/name/xaielao
    "Yea, I've got your information.. you got my money?"
    Proud member of 3305 Local
    A non-GA Fixer, and pround of it!

Fergus ~ 27 Soldier (after wipe) ~ Test
    "No escaping pain! You belong to me.." Megadeath-Skin o' my Teeth

Fion ~ 25 Opi MA (after wipe) ~ Test
    "Woh look at that MOB! Think I can take it? *SMACK* OUCH!"

Re: Re: What a sook!

Originally posted by Fion
    About 95% of the Fixer population does because they'd be SERIOUSLY gimped for AC if they chose Padded Love over some higher quality Sense/Agi or Str/Agi!
    Opifex (1576) only make up 58% of fixers (2677). With nanomagi (88) the ratio only goes up to 62%.

The armor is crap even for those who *can* use it, I really don't see what the big fuss is.
    Originally posted by Whaambulance
    Hi.

This is singlehandedly the stupidest post I have EVER read on these forums. Congradulations.
    'Balancing' Nanos Will Remain Imbalanced Vs. Old Nanos - Because We Said So!

O Gaute, Gaute! Wherefore art thou Gaute?
    Deny thy nerfs and refuse thy lame design decisions;
    Or, if thou wilt not, be but on the forums,
    And I'll no longer be a whiner.

Originally posted by LafinJack
    The difference between the Gift of Gargantula (which has a TRULY insane stamina req, btw) and the Vest is that they add truly useful abilities to match the crazy requirements. The Gift, assuming you can equip a ql200 one, adds 40 sense. 40! It also adds 30 sense imp, which is nothing to sneeze at. The vest gives you 20 to each nanoskill, 20 intelligence, and 50 nano programming and nano initiative. All that in addition to decent ACs for a piece of body armor.
    Accually the gift of the gargantula is a special item with only one QL. I foget the QL but it requires only 309 stamina.

wow seroiusly?

Seams 90% of fixers I meet are OPi's... and I know a lot of fixers.

But still your right, the armor is crap. I started this thread and also later admited I was really pissed off about something in RL at the time.

It's not a huge deal, accept it's just another half-assed bonus for fixers.
    http://community.anarchy-online.com/...1/name/xaielao
    "Yea, I've got your information.. you got my money?"
    Proud member of 3305 Local
    A non-GA Fixer, and pround of it!

Fergus ~ 27 Soldier (after wipe) ~ Test
    "No escaping pain! You belong to me.." Megadeath-Skin o' my Teeth

Fion ~ 25 Opi MA (after wipe) ~ Test
    "Woh look at that MOB! Think I can take it? *SMACK* OUCH!"

Originally posted by Zeroshift

Accually the gift of the gargantula is a special item with only one QL. I foget the QL but it requires only 309 stamina.
    actually, i believe it comes in many ql's. all based entirely on what lvl the spider was when you killed him. He spawns as diffrent lvls i believe, and drops diffrent ql's of the item
    Mattie, 209 GrandMaster OT Finalizer
    Agent Professional
    send me an email
    or visit us on irc.funcom.com

"For everything that works, there was a time when it didn't."

Talking Intelligence only armor for Enforcers? Bring it on!

Intelligence only armor for Enforcers? Bring it on!
    I play an Enf, lvl 134. At my level I'm already starting to put points into Intelligence to max it out soon. Relax guy, at this level and beyond, you'll have the IP, you will

Re: Re: What a sook!

Originally posted by Fion

First of all I've been playing a fixer since day1 of release. Why then do you ask am I only in my 50's? Well because of nerfs and other unforseen events I've had to re-roll my fixer twice. The original Xaielao was in his upper 70's before I trashed him and rerolled on RK2.
    You....like me with my 5 rerolls of my enforcer are true idiots. Wasted so much time "thinking" I was gimped with poor weapon choices that I wasted weeks of playing. Why? Because I didnt bloody know that I wouldnt be gimped for too long once I LEARNED the game and actually PLAYED it past the sh1tty lower levels (I consider <100 lower level).

2nd I'm not whinning about QL200 armor, because unlike you I am informed. I play on test and and have seen myself Padded Love that is under QL200.

3rd I find it hard to believe that you max all primary skills and have gotten a character past 30th level. Do you really max sense and psychic on your Atrox Enforcer?
    Yes actually.....admittedly Psy was maxed after 150....but Int and Sense were maxed before 100. Note to all people playing...may seem obvious to some....silly to others.....but MAX your Int even if it seems "expensive" believe me....you dont want to be wasting IPR points on nano skills that are "higher" than you intended em.

By the way....all chars are atrox that I make. Enf 199 (200 by the end of tomorrow).....Fixer 74 (and staying that way).....NT 48 (soon my new main). On the fixer AFTER I IPR him...NO I wont be maxing Sense/Psy since theres no point....hes not budging from 74 for the immediate future and if he does...then yeah...I will max his stats too. On the NT....better believe this time round I am keeping his base stats maxed.

4th If I actually got my hands on some of that Love armor that I could wear (I have about 135 stamina unbuffed) and with QL70 shinning and bright life implants I have almost 1500hp. I also wear QL70ish Nadir Steel Ribbed that requires low 200's in sense and agi (I have a shinning QL70 agi implant, and there are quite a few sense buffs over the gen ones). IF I put on padded love for the +10 to my nano skills it would give me total (this is speculation but an intelligent guess) I'd have to wear probably QL40 or so. My AC would go down from the 1700 it is now with a QL60 ICC Messenger Cloak and my Nadir Steel-Ribbed to about 800.

Do you seriously think I would DO THAT? When you say so what it's stamina based who gives a crap. About 95% of the Fixer population does because they'd be SERIOUSLY gimped for AC if they chose Padded Love over some higher quality Sense/Agi or Str/Agi!

*sigh* AC dont mean SQUAT in this game....after a certain point....everything is min damage anyway....then its evades that minimise the number of crits on you (from monster perspective).

admittedly your ac of 1700 is borderline on making most monsters you WILL be fighting soon do min damage...so yer...the 800 AC you claim from the love armor wont swing it....but then again....what can I say.....tough....breed differences are most apparent at the low level where you're at....suck it up and deal with it for now....low level is always tough....but once you get through you will get some breathing space. Theres more crap I could write here but it would just end up being semantic.

Ok.. rant off but I just love how people come to my post and ***** because I don't know what I"m talking about when I've been playing this profession MORE then likely longer then they've been playing the game!
    I personally think I am the slowest leveller in both dimensions.
    /played on my main gives me over 114 days (dont know what the others are but I would assume at least another 20-25 days on those) This is in game time.......nothing to be proud of....but then again.....if you still only managed a "final" fixer to whatever level he is now.....then I dont see how you need better than 30 ac to force the backyard leets to do min damage to you.

QL1 Love Armor possible to get?

Originally posted by Mattie

actually, i believe it comes in many ql's. all based entirely on what lvl the spider was when you killed him. He spawns as diffrent lvls i believe, and drops diffrent ql's of the item
    What are you basing this on?

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234