Thread: Valentines Competition

Valentines Competition

Valentines Competition

You and your loved one on Rubi-Ka are desperately looking for somewhere to call your own, a place of sanctity and peace, a place to have your friends over for tea or a place where you can be alone together… Well look no further…

The Rubi-Ka Marriage Registry and ARK Community Relations are proud to offer the two of you a chance of winning your very own Jobe Luxury Apartment and a grand party to celebrate the love on Rubi-Ka!

Here is what you have to do to be eligible to win this fabulous prize:

Write a short story, in max 1000 words or less, around the subject:

The story of how we met – a love story

Criteria:
    The story has to be RP based, meaning In Character, and should take place on Rubi-Ka or the in Shadowlands.
    Spelling/Grammar errors will NOT be taken into account. It’s the best story that wins, not the best wording.

How to enter:

Send the story to us at weddings@ark.anarchy-online.com with the subject line: “RKMR Competition – Couple’s names – Dimension”. In the body of the email you put your story, a brief statement that clearly allows ARK to use your story for publishing if we choose to and you also include the email address of both players. Only one story per couple. Any entry not following this will not be considered.

All entries must be received no later than Sunday February 4th at midnight GMT.

This is what you can win:

• 1st Prize:
      • Luxury Apartment Keys for both. (Requires SL)
      • An ARK playfield Valentines Day/Weekend Wedding (requires SL)*
      • Party at Reets Retreat arranged by ARK CR

• 2nd Prize:
      • AI Leet keys for both

The winners will be contacted by the ARK Community Relations Weddings Team with instructions as to how to collect their winnings and to setup a meeting to discuss the details of the further happenings.

Happy writing!

* If the winners do not want an ARK playfield wedding, due to not having the SL expansion or friends not having this, a wedding can be held anywhere on Rubi-Ka within reason instead.
    Assistant ARK Director Wenetia
    Advisors of Rubi-Ka

Social Guidelines * ARK Public Website * Rubi-Ka Marriage Registry * ARK Tours

And i always thought being single was a good thing, those one night cyb0rs /drool, but i guess il better find a wife, n FAST!
    /me thinks, i wonder if salomix is still free
    Gender 'Blackdog' Bender 220/26 Soldier
    Den 'Beskyddaren' Utvalde
    220/18 Keeper
    Kane 'Blacrat' Lives 218/15 Bureaucrat
    Bleeding 'Rofflewaffle' Screaming 180/13 Shade
    Den 'Tempelherren' Trofaste 165/19Fixer

My AO vids:
    Boom! Aimedshot!
    Still Online!

WTH wife...tipping well

I can see a LOT about this contest that needs clarification.....

I'd send them to Wenetia, but she's not taking pm's over the forums so putting them here

anyways, off the top of my head, some things that need clarification:
    A) Does the story of how the two characters met have to actually have happened, or can they make it up for the contest?
    B) Can already married couples submit their story and forward/distribute the prizes to another couple?
    C) Are same gender relationships eligible for entry? I'm guessing no, judging by the attitude taken in ARK not supporting marriages of that respect, but it should still be clarified.
    D) does the person who writes the story have to be one of the two people in the story? (i.e. Could a couple have someone else write it up for them)
    E) the two different characters should also be two completely different players, I'm guessing? Would be awkward if someone tried to marry themself for the contest.
    F) Guidelines for cleanliness not mentioned, and that's just asking for trouble. Someone is going to submit a full length cyb0r session and whine "I didn't know we werent allowed to!"
    G) Shouldnt there be some way to ensure that both spouses to be know that the story is being entered? (I can just hear someone yelling at someone else along the lines of "you told them WHAT about US!?")

etc. etc., just some things that should be mentioned now if the ARK's dont want a bunch of entries they have to disqualify or would rather not read.
    Last edited by Docnamdkeeper; Jan 27th, 2007 at 23:23:19.
    Chronicles of the AI Nub: The AI Conspiracy

Proud Sequel to Chronicles of the Hecknoobs: The Nerfbat Anthology, which is the proud sequal to Misson Impossible Four, which have probably been the least noteworthy stories on the planet since Paris Hilton's arrest.

And finally, we're proud to announce that there is NO Tom Cruisery in any story.

I'll try to answer the very good questions from Docnamdkeeper here:

Quote Originally Posted by Docnamdkeeper
    A) Does the story of how the two characters met have to actually have happened, or can they make it up for the contest?
    The story can be made up, no problems about that.

B) Can already married couples submit their story and forward/distribute the prizes to another couple?
    Already married couples are free to enter the competition. The ARK playfield wedding can be a renewal of vows in that case. In regards to distributing the prizes to another couple - the wedding itself can't be transferred, and the keys can't be sold or traded since its property of Funcom.

C) Are same gender relationships eligible for entry? I'm guessing no, judging by the attitude taken in ARK not supporting marriages of that respect, but it should still be clarified.
    Yes, same gender relationships are eligible for entry, and yes we at the Rubi-Ka Marriage Registry do support same gender marriages, and have for a long time.

D) does the person who writes the story have to be one of the two people in the story? (i.e. Could a couple have someone else write it up for them)
    No, the person writing the story doesn't have to be one of the persons, but he will not win any of the prizes since those go to the couple in the story.

E) the two different characters should also be two completely different players, I'm guessing? Would be awkward if someone tried to marry themself for the contest.
    I agree it would be akward trying to marry yourself, so yes two different players.

F) Guidelines for cleanliness not mentioned, and that's just asking for trouble. Someone is going to submit a full length cyb0r session and whine "I didn't know we werent allowed to!"
    Who says you're not allowed? *wicked grin* But I assure you a story like that will not win any prizes, since it is contradicting what the Rubi-Ka Marriage Registry stands for.

G) Shouldnt there be some way to ensure that both spouses to be know that the story is being entered? (I can just hear someone yelling at someone else along the lines of "you told them WHAT about US!?")
    Actually that is one of the reasons why we need the email adress of both players.

I hope this clears some of the questions you all have, now get me some stories
    Last edited by Wenetia; Jan 28th, 2007 at 00:00:40.
    Advisors of Rubi-Ka

Quote Originally Posted by Wenetia View Post
    I agree it would be akward trying to marry yourself, so yes two different players.
    Drat! I just popped the question to my buff monkey alt and was ready to go to my one of my mules if he turned me down *cries*

Here is my entery:

I met this trox. She had long green hair and a nose piercing, it was love at first sight. One day in the beach she was wearing her skimpy pink bikini, i couldnt resist so i humped her right there! We got married the same afternoon.

12 years later

The ***** was driving me insane, i chopped her up into little pieces and stuffed my pillow with her, now i go to sleep every night with a pleasent, calm feeling

THE END

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Stabby View Post
    Here is my entery:

I met this trox. She had long green hair and a nose piercing, it was love at first sight. One day in the beach she was wearing her skimpy pink bikini, i couldnt resist so i humped her right there! We got married the same afternoon.

12 years later

The ***** was driving me insane, i chopped her up into little pieces and stuffed my pillow with her, now i go to sleep every night with a pleasent, calm feeling

THE END
    best entry.

Thank you for the extremely good entries to the competition, we will announce a winner soon! The winners will be contacted by a member of the ARK Weddings Team for details on how to collect their prize.

Stay tuned.

Advisors of Rubi-Ka

Happy Valentine's Day everyone!

We, the ARK CR Weddings team, have searched our souls, read, voted and we have finally found the winners of our competition.

The 1st Prize and the grand wedding/party goes to:

Trayha and Lovertrox on the Atlantean server, who wrote an amazing story about love at first sight, and how it grows - even when being apart.

Our 2nd Prize and the personal Leet pets goes to:

Pheral and Vestals on the Rimor server, with a lovely story about how love can grow from friendship.

Congratulations to you both, and a big thank you to everyone who entered.

Last edited by Wenetia; Feb 28th, 2007 at 08:31:09.
    Advisors of Rubi-Ka

Rp?
    220/23 Solitus Soldier
    Veteran of Uprising

<3<3<3 my Pheral ^^

He's a great writer

Congrats
    Angelmed - 220/20/64 - F1, UBT, AFK
    (stuff) - (more)
    Bigdumbnoob - 150 Alium Killer
    And the alt army

Quote Originally Posted by julia View Post
    <3<3<3 my Pheral ^^