Thread: Bleh I was thinking...

Bleh I was thinking...

The main attributes to pvp, or the skills that help are well...

Maxing your abilities raises other skills, thats one.
    Maxing your Weapon skills, well fling, burst, sneak an all that can stay at what the weapon needs, having maxing your weapons attack rating stat, for me, 1hb.
    Evades, keeping them maxed.
    Health point help to a degree as long as people dotn crit - EVERYHIT or do 100% dmg as it still does *sometimes*

Run speed helps to catch, stay away from groups and catch those rooters.

Now you take the profession, this game was supposed to have its support classes, healers, the fighting classes, like enfs, sols, mas and others.... to be honest that isnt so.

Now, lets take me or other for instance.

However, Even tho I am uber-gimped, I have maxed all but two abilities, my weapons skills are maxed, my evades are maxed, my run speed is fairly high, as soon as IPR comes I think everyone will be "the same".

I wear a set of MKII As every person around and above my level does, well most do.
    I have the same ncus as them, I wear the same buffs as them, uvc, behemoth, you name it, hp, shield and all that.

right now Im in the process of maknig ql 200 implants, wey hey at last finally, thanx to some people help mind..
    4 down 9 to fill with cluster (i think its 9 more heh )

There is "nothing" else I can do to make me better, Okay I could get a melee nball, maybe I could get a 1kboard, but my hp is the same as people with one so, the same as others (again) and keeping mongo running helps also.

Bracers also help alot, those with 21 or the 22 ones are very lucky, and will no doubt win a arranged 1 on 1, just wear two bracers of the dmg type of the enemy, thats if you know what dmg they do? right, with a soldier buff.

Virral eggs help, Defensive/offensive rings?

Really speaking, 300 more hp isnt going to help you too much, it wont really matter as an enforcer since we have alot of hp.

Now, you can go into tactics in PVP.
    Some people use dirty tricks, running whilst attacking, side strafing like you can do in some fps to run faster,
    running sideways up sloped hills/walls to get over, ontop of, using line of sight as an aid, running out of view and coming back into.

Some peoeple do not understand the physics of a game, they dont test or work out or explore it, generally those who explore it find "bugs" which can lead to exploiting and im not gonig to even touch exploiting issues here - Flamed! ;p

Oh well, just right now my brother was attacked in a 75% zone, by , ooh looky here, wenzell, aqualimon, etc, heh, funny how the EXACT moment i mention "exploit" my brothers yells out across the room.. "WHAT THE ****?" you see, Im not lying here :/

Now, out of all the bugs, bull**** and well, EVEYTHING, why is it some people are better at pvp than others, if we all have the same armor, maxed stats, ql 200 imps, is it really profession that decides your fate? I chose enf for ONE reason, to be strong, a fighter, not a healer, then again, I should have been a doctor, who would have known they are a "fighting" class? ;/

Maybe SWG will employ the rule that fighter classes will own non fighter classes, I mean.... should a Trader really beat most classes? a Trader, hello, "TRADER" T.R.A.D.E.R Shop keeper

I was happy, two night ago i had fun in 2ho, thankyou to all you clans and omni, even tho I did have to "Run up to somebody" to hit them which really does suck now.

You know thats another thing, the amount of times I froze, and died, while you soldier sit back and alpha someone from a mile away, I have to run face to face with clanners, and, well I lagg becuase, there is about 50 clanners, and my pc does not like it, and every clanner goes, oh look there a enforcer facing the other way, must be mni, click, shoot.. isnt fun, so I had to pick people off who decided to take the back way around.

OH! Not to mention that when me and lonax took the back way, after dying and "trying" again, I conned a green soldier, who did TMS and ran after me, so I ran around the bunkers in attempt to wait out his TMS, no, Ranged classes can Shoot through walls, so i had to run after backup came.

Thats another thing, I saw a trader divest me from the Exact point where a person comes into visable range, okay maybe they do have nice range, but what pisses me off?

I tried to run behind a building, stay under the roofs and suprise attack the trader!

No!

When you are attacking a person, you always face them, so you can see were they run to, which again helps the opposer, and wehn i try to use tactics, the game just wont play with me.

Synoptic, yeah we had a nice fight outside mmd, just me and him, root, break root, root, break root, Root (when you root you see a laser thingy hit you, i saw no laser - /me places rooting buff in slot 1 of quick bar, target cloudeh, double tap 11, insta root!)

Anyway, all the time kept debuffing "since rage is broken" and he kept rooting, My alpha took him to half hp, he got out of range, when i got back into range I sae him sit down and heal, i got mad, but you know what really happened? sometimes when people appear in your line of view, they sit>then stand, while i saw him do this He used the STAND UP first aid, so i thought he exploited, but after talking we worked out what happned.

Now, as for the LOS and my trader facing me wherever i Move.
    Synoptic went over a hill, now Instead of walking OVER the hill I walked around it and came from the side of him the quick thinking and tactics paid off, I killed him, shame it doesnt always work.

Im sick of it, Id rather pay Quake 3, I can take on 3 people in that, no but AO, you see, its not skills, its just luck.

Im so so anyoed with this, I want to leave, but something keeps me here, why bother? I need something to play whilst SWg comes out? or I find first persons shooters boring, or do I have a sentimental link with my char, the time and effort spent on this game I dont want to waste it, and I would HATE to ebay my char and see, eww someone else run around as me...

So, whats left? dont pvp, no no no!" its fun, just not when you die from Stupid bull****, I dont mind dying in a 1 vs 1 or 50 on me, but when Its lag, or bugs, or silly things, well lets just say My keyboard didnt live through it like cloudeh

Edit: You probably wont get a word I say, I know, i dont check my spelling, I dont have time to check my spelling, or mistakes, just write non stop, click post and voila :P

everyone knows that melee is FUBAR in pvp

That was one of the nicest post you have ever writen =) but yea i c your point.... dying to lagg bugs etc really sux. =p but then again what can you do... youll get a bit pissed the day it happens... swear a bit ... then log on bit later and i usally happier. =) Dont treat bad experience as well bad. =p just learn from it and know that... "this can happen" heh.
    RK1 - Hajk - Solitus - Lvl 217/DR 16 - Nanotech - Apocalypse
    ---
    Explorer 60% / Socializer 53% / Killer 46% / Achiever 40%

One thing

T.R.A.D.E.R Does NOT = S.H.O.P K.E.E.P.E.R

Trader is the old time deffintion of WANDERING merchants. Those who moved from city to City, having to know what was what in each place with normaly guards hired to protect them(The Damage buffs and wrangle lines thus) While they could not get everything they knew someone who could and could preduade anyone to look the other way(Bribes, The Calm line) and could talk you into praticualy anything(Broken charms )
    The heals are just more Trading

The main problem is Nano resist does not work. If it did Traders would not be so good as they are now(But with 14.2(no more crits? No more damage) and the propsed heal nerf what do traders having going for them then?
    Fighting for Truth, Common Sense and Leet Dolls Since 1996

Give the people what they want

If I am
    I am
    If Not

Forget It

Do a drain and both the victim and trader stare at each other due to the fact they can't kill each other.
    Perfection breeds weakness.

Obergeist-Burning bright, Above the head ghost

Mdgprogram-Fearful symmetry <---beat the every lovin' crap out of a level 60 soldier at 49

Stronger, better, faster, push it

The Troll Corps want you!tm
    General in the Troll Corps tm

humm

Should you really be thinking? I think we can all agree thats a Bad thing.

Bleh I was thinking...
    Dont hurt yourself, Cloudeh =P
    ................................................"Takhai"
    ............................................Solitus Doctor
    .................................................+Clan+
    ........................."I am he that buries his friends alive and
    ............drowns them and draws them alive again from the water."

http://www.alienaa.com/ - When you sign up put 73583 as the ID of the person who recommended it to you(So I get credit) - It's fun I'm learnin it now but so far it's pretty nifty - You get your own Alien Train him, gamble, etc.. and then end up fighting people and stuff

I posted a 2 page explination on how "double-tapping" works on zeroshifts post then someone deleted the whole thread, which is aggravating. So I'll sum it up here.

DOUBLE TAPPING ONLY WORKS ON NANOS WITH UNDER 2 SECOND RECHARGE.

Clear enough?

Roots have 3 sec recharge and therefor all double tapping does is stop the animation, the recharge bar still goes. What the double tap DOES do on nanos with 1 sec recharge like AOE nukes and Expertises, is it cancels the animation and removes the false waiting peroid between casts because even tho you arms are moving, your recharge is finished.

So NO BODY is instarooting you through an exploit.

Understood and appreciated every word you wrote, Cloudeh. You're underscoring the reasons why so many find PvP in its current form a waste of time. The 'skills' required to be good simply aren't the skills of a good warrior. They are the skills of being able to manipulate game mechanics to your advantage.

We need a PvP patch BADLY. Losing Line of Site should remove Autoface is a start. Providing rewards for team-based PvP where the back ranks can support their Melee tanks is another. IMHO, there's no reason two people should be chasing each other around like idiots anyway. The tired statement is 'we're at War not Duel'.

So speaking of dueling, they need to provide proper Arenas where two people who wish to duel can be assured of a fair fight. The translucent dome comes to mind. Buff stripping terminals to get in is another. Most of us believe in a duel based solely on what your character can do for his/herself.

And Wargames. We need a couple Neutral/Clan newbie zones to be setup as 0% zones so that two six person teams can face off against each other in a controlled 'paintball' type environment.

The game needs a PvP patch something fierce. Your post, Cloudeh, just points out how much the current setup is hurting.

And as others have stated, Traders are not Shopkeepers.