Thread: Loosing PvP title to GM's in events?

Loosing PvP title to GM's in events?

Originally posted by {T}Bleeder
    Start logging of "Thyrin" at 05/16/00 21:48:47

21:48: [Thyrin] Thyrin: The Dust Brigade Masked Commando? Or the Guard?
    21:48: [Thyrin] Ibesmashing: ok i came out of the door
    21:48: [Thyrin] Ibesmashing: a masked commando was here
    21:48: [Thyrin] Thyrin: No problem!
    21:49: [Thyrin] Ibesmashing: i attacked the masked commando
    21:49: [Thyrin] Ibesmashing: and a guard shot me
    21:49: [Thyrin] Ibesmashing: then i respawned and attacked the db again and died and lost my title to the db
    21:49: [Thyrin] Thyrin: Ok, I was going to say that the guard shouldn't affect your PvP title.
    21:49: [Thyrin] Ibesmashing: now how can i lose my title to a npc
    21:50: [Thyrin] Ibesmashing: yeah i knew that
    21:50: [Thyrin] Thyrin: The Dust Brigade member isn't though...
    21:50: [Thyrin] Ibesmashing: but the db is a npc
    21:50: [Thyrin] Namshub: You lost PvP to DB, right? With the green title/name?
    21:50: [Thyrin] Ibesmashing: no
    21:50: [Thyrin] Ibesmashing: i didn;t pvp him
    21:50: [Thyrin] Ibesmashing: he was here it was like shooting any other npc
    21:50: [Thyrin] Thyrin: Who dealt the killing blow?
    21:51: [Thyrin] Ibesmashing: the guard delt the first one
    21:51: [Thyrin] Ibesmashing: the first time i dead
    21:51: [Thyrin] Ibesmashing: and the 2nd time i diead it was db
    21:51: [Thyrin] Ibesmashing: but it wasn;t withitn the pvp zone
    21:51: [Thyrin] Thyrin: Right, but that didn't affect your PvP title (the first time) right?
    21:51: [Thyrin] Ibesmashing: it was right ere were were standing
    21:51: [Thyrin] Thyrin: Ahh I see your issue.
    21:51: [Thyrin] Ibesmashing: not the first time
    21:51: [Thyrin] Ibesmashing: the 2nd time when teh db shot me
    21:51: [Thyrin] Thyrin: You're upset because you were killed in this area?
    21:51: [Thyrin] Ibesmashing: no
    21:52: [Thyrin] Ibesmashing: i am upset cause this game is bugged every time i try to rp in teh game everyting gets lamed
    21:52: [Thyrin] Ibesmashing: how the heck am i loseing a title to a npc
    21:52: [Thyrin] Ibesmashing: and why is a guard shooting me when i am keeping with the story
    21:52: [Thyrin] Ibesmashing: bd are enemys they attacked another person before me yet the guard stood there and did nothing
    21:52: [Thyrin] Ibesmashing: minute i attacked it shot me killed me
    21:52: [Thyrin] Ibesmashing: and when i try to continue playing my role
    21:53: [Thyrin] Thyrin: Okay, first off, anyone with a green name, or any story character or story creation controlled for an Event is not an NPC
    21:53: [Thyrin] Ibesmashing: i lose my title to a npc
    21:53: [Thyrin] Thyrin: For the PvP calculation purposes, anyhow.
    21:53: [Thyrin] Thyrin: Some of them will display PoD's like monsters.
    21:53: [Thyrin] Ibesmashing: thats how he showed up
    21:53: [Thyrin] Ibesmashing: why don;t you tell people that if you gonna pull fast one on us like that
    21:53: [Thyrin] Ibesmashing: otherwise theres no reason to even attack them
    21:53: [Thyrin] Thyrin: Well, I'm not sure why he attacked you while you were in Res shock.
    21:54: [Thyrin] Thyrin: Well, that's not *entirely* true... they do die, and it's a lot of fun taking them down.
    21:54: [Thyrin] Thyrin: Did you attack it first? When you were in res shock?
    21:54: [Thyrin] Ibesmashing: the db
    21:54: [Thyrin] Thyrin: Yes, the DB
    21:54: [Thyrin] Thyrin: They generally will not attack you unless you first engage.
    21:54: [Thyrin] Thyrin: Especially if you're in res shock.
    21:55: [Thyrin] Ibesmashing: i knew the db would kill me
    21:55: [Thyrin] Ibesmashing: that didn;t bother me
    21:55: [Thyrin] Ibesmashing: its loseing a title to him
    21:55: [Thyrin] Ibesmashing: which is lame
    21:55: [Thyrin] Ibesmashing: if your not going to be able to farily pvp them why have them affect titles
    21:56: [Thyrin] Thyrin: Alright, I see your point. It would be much better if they displayed as PCs
    21:56: [Thyrin] Ibesmashing: the point is they should never affect titles
    21:56: [Thyrin] Thyrin: I'll make sure that the events folks are aware of this.
    21:56: [Thyrin] Ibesmashing: ever since there never fair played to get a title form
    21:56: [Thyrin] Thyrin: Well, all the event characters will, for sure.
    21:56: [Thyrin] Thyrin: The named ones.
    21:56: [Thyrin] Ibesmashing: why have a db with a title
    21:56: [Thyrin] Ibesmashing: it useless
    21:56: [Thyrin] Thyrin: I'll speak to someone about the unnamed ones.
    21:56: [Thyrin] Ibesmashing: there controled by you
    21:57: [Thyrin] Ibesmashing: story chars should never have titles or be able to affect titles
    21:57: [Thyrin] Ibesmashing: cause at this point in the game they don;t work with the pvp system
    21:57: [Thyrin] Thyrin: Well, they do, by design, but I will forward on your comments that you don't like that.
    21:58: [Thyrin] Ibesmashing: basicly if your gonna lose titles from it its even more useless than before
    21:58: [Thyrin] Thyrin: Right, I can see how losing your PvP title would be annoying. But.. right now, it's a decision you'll have to make before participating.
    21:58: [Thyrin] Ibesmashing: its like making peeps lose titles from missions when they die to a mob
    21:58: [Thyrin] Thyrin: Well, not really. You don't have to engage, and you can always retreat.
    21:58: [Thyrin] Ibesmashing: they tell people there gonna lose there title from it
    21:59: [Thyrin] Thyrin: They don't actually "lose a title" - it's just like any other PvP loss against that rank
    21:59: [Thyrin] Ibesmashing: you have to make it public that it can happen then
    21:59: [Thyrin] Ibesmashing: yes i know its a pvp rank
    21:59: [Thyrin] Thyrin: I WILL pass on your feedback though
    21:59: [Thyrin] Ibesmashing: the point is if your gonna do that you have to make every person in game know that
    21:59: [Thyrin] Ibesmashing: you can;t just go , OOPs sorry by the way you can lose pvp accumulated killz from particiapating in an event in a 75% zone
    22:00: [Thyrin] Ibesmashing: it doesn't work that way
    22:00: [Thyrin] Ibesmashing: every one has to know
    22:00: [Thyrin] Thyrin: Understood. By the way? There is a major reason to have PVP enabled characters in 75% zones for events
    22:00: [Thyrin] Thyrin: It lets clan characters attack clan characters, as in "traitors"
    22:00: [Thyrin] Thyrin: And vice versa for Omni.
    22:01: [Thyrin] Ibesmashing: but your already negeting that by showing your attackable charectors as a npc
    22:01: [Thyrin] Thyrin: But no, your concerns are not unreasonable, and I will pass them on.
    22:01: [Thyrin] Ibesmashing: so that doesn;t matter
    22:01: [Thyrin] Ibesmashing: anytime you cross in to a pvp zone to do a even yes you realize you can lose your title
    22:01: [Thyrin] Thyrin: Right, it would be better if they appeared as Players rather than NPCs
    22:01: [Thyrin] Ibesmashing: but in a 75% zone people aren;t exsepecting that
    22:02: [Thyrin] Thyrin: Well, players want events held in cities, so that's not likely to change.
    22:02: [Thyrin] Thyrin: But I'll pass it on anyhow.. and see what happens, ok?
    22:02: [Thyrin] Ibesmashing: yes and players in cities want to be able to participate without loseing titles
    22:02: [Thyrin] Ibesmashing: so if your gonnna have an even in a city either change the hole zone to 25% or make it some poeple can;t lose there titles from it
    22:03: [Thyrin] Ibesmashing: i mean lose any pvp killz from it
    22:03: [Thyrin] Thyrin: Well, again, all I can do for you right here is to forward your comments.
    22:03: [Thyrin] Thyrin: I can't change things with a snap of my fingers, as much as I would like!
    22:03: [Thyrin] Ibesmashing: good and fix the guards already this senseless amoutn of there buggy control is annoying
    22:03: [Thyrin] Ibesmashing: if there not gonna shoot story charectors they shouldn't shoot people trying to rp
    22:04: [Thyrin] Thyrin: Well, they generally do not attack you if you are RP'ing (as opposed to shooting)
    22:04: [Thyrin] Ibesmashing: well i am not the only person thishappened to
    22:04: [Thyrin] Thyrin: In general, event characters will not engage you, unless you engage them first.
    22:04: [Thyrin] Ibesmashing: so there bugged
    22:04: [Thyrin] Thyrin: But, I'll speak with the person running this event after it's over, and see what happened.
    22:05: [Thyrin] Thyrin: If they DID attack players without being engaged first, we'll take the appropriate actions. Fair enough?
    22:05: [Thyrin] Ibesmashing: yes
    22:05: [Thyrin] Ibesmashing: just fix this mess
    22:05: [Thyrin] Thyrin: Well, we will try our best.
    22:05: [Thyrin] Ibesmashing: i want to be able to rp as with many others and every time its another bad experiance
    22:06: [Thyrin] Ibesmashing: not to be a smartmouth but i hear that every time from you guys
    22:06: [Thyrin] Ibesmashing: and it happens again the next time
    22:06: [Thyrin] Thyrin: Well, most players actually enjoy the events a lot.
    22:06: [Thyrin] Thyrin: However, your concerns about PvP are really a broader issue.
    22:07: [Thyrin] Namshub: You did say that the guard defended the DB, didn't you Ibesmashing?
    22:07: [Thyrin] Ibesmashing: yes
    22:07: [Thyrin] Thyrin: Yes, I'll findout why too.
    22:07: [Thyrin] Ibesmashing: the guard shot me when i attaced the db after it attacked some one else
    22:07: [Thyrin] Namshub: And that the green-titled DB wasn't neutral, as they normally are?
    22:07: [Thyrin] Ibesmashing: most of the db are neutral when they show up
    22:07: [Thyrin] Thyrin: Oh, sorry, were they clan-sided?
    22:07: [Thyrin] Ibesmashing: but i have seen them show up clan
    22:08: [Thyrin] Thyrin: In this case?
    22:08: [Thyrin] Ibesmashing: didn't have a chance to check in this cause
    22:08: [Thyrin] Thyrin: That would be why the Guard assisted, but I'll ask to see why it was clan-sided.
    22:08: [Thyrin] Thyrin: Perhaps an error - most DBs are neutral.
    22:08: [Thyrin] Ibesmashing: by the time i was running back after trying to figure out why this happened he was gone
    22:08: [Thyrin] Ibesmashing: well i am not the only person who attacked and was shot by a guard
    22:09: [Thyrin] Ibesmashing: which i belive is the reason db show up neutral
    22:09: [Thyrin] Thyrin: Okay, well most likely it was a clan-sided masked commando.
    22:09: [Thyrin] Ibesmashing: so guards don't interfere
    22:09: [Thyrin] Thyrin: But, I will find out.
    22:09: [Thyrin] Namshub: So it wasn't something specific that you did. Ok.
    22:09: [Thyrin] Thyrin: If it was clan, I'll ask why.. it does seem unreasonable to have guards assist them.
    22:10: [Thyrin] Ibesmashing: well you guys need to pay attention when you do this stuff, see why rp'ing is not fun most of the time
    22:10: [Thyrin] Ibesmashing: stupid mistakes like this every time
    22:10: [Thyrin] Thyrin: Well, I'll try to get some details.
    22:10: [Thyrin] Thyrin: I can't say at this point if mistakes were made.. or if what happened was intentional. But I will find out!
    22:10: [Thyrin] Thyrin: If I need to, do you mind if I contact you again later?
    22:11: [Thyrin] Ibesmashing: nope if you need to i will proably be online
    22:11: [Thyrin] Ibesmashing: if not on this charector one of my alts
    22:11: [Thyrin] Ibesmashing: and if i am not on today i will be tommarow
    22:11: [Thyrin] Thyrin: Ok great. Kinkstaah wanted to speak to me about a few things, and he has been waiting quite a while. Do you mind if I help him now?
    22:11: [Thyrin] Ibesmashing: nope
    22:11: [Thyrin] Ibesmashing: i think we talked about the problems
    22:11: [Thyrin] Thyrin: Great. I'll see what I can do, and investigate what happened during this event.
    22:11: [Thyrin] Thyrin: Thanks very much for all your time.
    22:12: [Thyrin] Ibesmashing: ok laters
    22:12: [Thyrin] Namshub: Ibesmashing, would it be fair to say you had two problems with this petition: (1), guard defended DB, probably clan-aligned and (2) lost title to DB?
    22:12: [Thyrin] Ibesmashing: yes
    22:12: [Thyrin] Thyrin: Take care!

this log is from yesterdays event with the db, they started around the pvp arena in tir were i incountered them, death was not my problem it was lost of title dude story charectors useing pvp kill system, and guards shooting me when trying to rp
    It was orignally posted by "{T}Bleeder" in the 'Non-AO related'. But i felt it fit more in the Pvp cattegory.

I'm so tired of GM's idiocy.
    Last edited by V.T. Stampede; May 22nd, 2002 at 13:55:14.

I didn't read that whole log, cause I haveto go to scool in 4 hours and might not finish in time.. but.

I was in an event with the masked commando's the other day, out in omni forest.. GM ported us there, we killed some grey ones.. then some orange ones came (im 170) they are GM controlled because i chased this guy around for 15 minutes, at the time i had uvc and 8200 HP.. I was kicking his ass.. then he'd run.. then i'd kick his ass.. eventually when he was at 25% health he opened up a HUGE can of whoopasss and droppped me to 20% .. and he ran.

was kinda neat to know that i was fighting a GM tho

I believe if the Event characters are GM controled, PvP title rules apply.

A few months ago, Masked Commandos were tearing through Omni-Ent and Trade. My character was barely lvl 100 at the time, and these guys were very red to me. I didn't think anything of it, and I would attack and die. As soon as I could, even before res shock wore off, I would get back and attack them. I would die soon again, of course. Before I knew it, I had lost Rookie and was back to Freshman. Guess that's whey you never see any high level titled guys at these events.
    Animacion 160 Opi Enforcer equipment
    Takima 166 Trader
    Proud member of First Order for 3 years and going.

"All things around you grow stonger from your spilled blood. Now, you grow stronger from theirs."

The date seems a little off tho.. I mean.. I didn't think AO was over 2 years old

But actually I don't see what's the problem with loosing title against GM controlled people. Titles are easy come, easy go. Think of it this way... if you win the fight, you can maybe gain a title of it too.
    regards
    Inge
    Hjemmekinosjef.

Unhappy This kinda old

Didn't this happen like few months back? Thyrin is pretty cool ARK too. He been very nice about answering my petitions