Thread: Fixer's In PvP

Fixer's In PvP

How are they in PvP? I'm pretty new to AO and having read all the profession descriptions, I settled on the idea of a Fixer. Looking over their nano list I see a few helpful things like that HealOverTime spell, the damage add and snare/roots but then I saw that Soldiers also get that kind of stuff.

Anyway I'm just curious because I always have enjoyed pvp in other games, and I'm sure I'll want to play around with it in AO. Of course I could have inadverntantly chosen the worst class for PvP.... =/

lol, soldiers get a +10 to damage buff coughCRAPcough. no roots or snares, no heals over time .

If you want to pvp in anarchy as a noob I suggest starting up an enforcer. They can be very powerfull at lower levels in pvp, 100>, and are relatively simple to play. To pvp with a fixer takes a lot of experience, and a lot of effort with equipment. And even then is extremely difficult.
    Sredniaka Sherrmanaka Posthasteaka Thanatopsysaka Vashtareliusaka Nnerroaka Alexxander

"Quidquid latine dictum, sit altum viditur"

Sredni Vashtar went forth,
    His thoughts were red thoughts and his teeth were white.
    His enemies called for peace, but he brought them death.
    Sredni Vashtar the Beautiful.
    by HH Munro

ye i am a relatively high lvl fixer and pvp with the class at lower lvls is very difficult. pvp in ao is a high lvl persons game but even more so with the fixer class.

damage buffs are useless. what difference does +30 damage make if u can do 10k full auto damage? 3k criticals etc?

are HOTs are soo underpowered atm. i can casted the highest lvl one till im 190+ and it is ql 146 or 149 or something ? it heals like 130 to 270 every 5 seconds which is terrible ;D

roots and snares can be useful. snares seem to brake to quickly and are too expensive in terms of nano. area snares can be useful and very annoying to oponents in pvp. roots brake quicker than snares but are very low on nano cost and can be chain casted very quickly.

our run buffs are nice but are not self only so u could be an enf get our best run buff throw in a rage and out run any fixer easily. ;(

our insta grids are self only and about the only good thing we got.

fixers are very hard work! finding a team can be a pain in the ass too cuase we aint too useful in teams. ;(

Apprentice Hotpanties
    lvl 169 clan fixer rk1
    Member of Storm

PvP sucks for fixer. The only reason I have a title is because I can grid out in under 3 seconds if i am introuble, therefore I dont die much. some people say that I run and all this ****, but in reality, I used one of my nanos to end the fight. Its fair game. I didnt run. So if you wanna pvp, dont chose a fixer. fixers are only good in 2ho when you need to area root all the omnis and/or specific targets. Also to run buff all the clans so they can run from the grid to the rooms in the hanger. Choose a soldier or trader (nerf the traders!@!!).
    Best pvp by level:
    1-10: agent
    10-30: enforcer
    30-100: trader
    100-150: trader/soldier
    150-200: trader/soldier/ma

I think MAs will disagree on the 150-200

And you forgot docs in 150-200
    ~Lone

Agent is a fine PvPer around 10-20 using a QL 50 gripo. Best low level gun in the game that is.

Docs are also good at any level, not just 150-200. My level 20 doc twink is undefeated.
    Last edited by Zeroshift; May 27th, 2002 at 00:28:32.

ye and our 3 second grid means nothing when u got full health then u got 0 health. a bad connection and peoples tendency to pick on fixers cuase they are an easy kill and can root gets u dead quickly in mass pvp. e.g. noer, misiumi and whoever alphing me to death tonight. couldnt do a thing about it ;(

and noer what kinda cheesy ****e were u guys at by having some grey guy constantly casting "none" grace braking aeo roots at da bunkers? like we were decent enough to step back from the whompas and let u in.

Apprentice Hotpanties
    lvl 170 clan fixer rk1
    Member of Storm

i enjoy my MA for PvP. I'm not level 150 yet, but i can stil put up a helluva good fight. My only annoyance is rooters, but i accecpt it as a weakness, not something that needs nerfing.

yea,

dirty little merchants(traders)/ma's/enf's/soldiers are good in PvP.
    {Beyond the Drunken Master, is the Plastered Master} Lilasiandude 216 MA
    Proud Member of Storm, and the Betty Ford Clinic

-Sllammer 216 enf. - Frank the Tank! Frank the Tank! Frank the Tank! Click!

BE STORM

I love pvping as a MA

100 and counting
    Suupaslap Master 10th Dan--Rk2
    Smugglerguy Ickle baby fixer--Rk2