Thread: When is the next patch due?

When is the next patch due?

Now, this is starting to get annoying to say the least. It's coming, it's not coming, it's coming, now it's not, etc. etc. I believe that you owe the players at least an estimated date that this patch is going to be hitting the live servers. There is too much that is going to hurt people not to know when to expect it!

Patience.

No matter how many posts, re-posts, re-re-posts, and re-re-re-posts are done, it will not be released until they are satisfied that it is ready for release to production.

These posts seem to forget that this patch is dealing with an ultra-sensitive topic: IP reset.

They will not commit to a solid date, so it is futile to repetively ask. It is a very bad idea in the software business (especially in the gaming business) to set firm dates for releases.

Have patience, it will come when it comes. A gazillion posts about the same thing won't solve anything.

Except maybe a low post count.

Swerve

On test there hasn't been a problem with the IP reset. Very smooth, very nice But there are still stability issues with 14.2.0.3 that I presume need resolving before it goes live. There's a known way to crash the server among other minor annoying things going on. Read the Test Server forum - especially the 14.2 bugs thread. When that list dwidles down to a reasonable size, that's a good sign that the patch will go live soon.

Please realize that when it does go live it will do so with fixes for the bugs that may or may not have ever been tested. We get tired of hearing "why didn't you catch it on Test" when it never was on Test at all. Personally I don't think it will be much longer.
    "Life is too short to drink bad ale."

Wed. June 5th.

Cosmik just posted this.
    182 NT

Calming is just a hobby I dabble in, my real passion is blowing stuff up.

And today's patch 14.2.06 on test introduced a new bug, you lose merit board HP's when you zone. <grin>

Shops no longer tell you that certain slots are nodrop, and refuse to sell the item in it, though.... but shop inventory in general is still vastly messed up. At least, armor is. And MA Attack BwT is still gone from stores, etc.

Still, it's nearly ready, so I'd expect the June 5th date to be kept to, now.

Great!

Hey, thanks for the information. That leaves me little time to prepare for the patch, but at least I have some advanced warning to make sure that nothing is OE'd, and to decide what I want to do with my charcters IP! Thanks again!