Thread: Server down!

Angry Server down!

Today May 30 servers went down.
    There was no warning of them going down nothing just went down.In description says very important for servers to be down.

Now u want to tell me that u did not have time to write a very simple line to tell us about servers going down?

I am stuck in boss room and as we all know when i log back on the mission will be fully spawned so i will most likely die and loose a large amount of XP....
    My mission was a small one only 3 or 4 mill i dont even wanna thing if some team went to avalon for team mission and they went LD in boss room we are talking about 10 - 12 mill xp loss
    Maybe this time u could reimburse the xp....cos this is clear to ur fault!
    If not well u loose another customer ...

Angry i hear you

Im in the exact same situation,only ill stand to lose 1mil xp.This is the 3rd time ive been whacked like this.But what bothers me the most is the lying that funcom has chosen to employ to cover up poor behavior.I think they realize now they chose the wrong protocol for an online game of this magnitude.Can't turn back now and the exploits will never go away.One fix creates another and so on.I think they are slowly easing in bits of 14.2,setting it up as it were.So I gather we are still beta testing for these retards and paying for it to boot.

Cool

This should help your situation!

Before you log back in set your Computer Clock AHEAD 24 hours.

When you log in your PC will believe the mission has timed out and will put you OUTSIDE the mission.

Pass around as a way to prevent log in death. Enjoy.

Also read this:
    http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...threadid=27739
    Last edited by Meligant; May 30th, 2002 at 23:16:45.

Angry

2 just crashed again!!!this is mfbull who is gonna do something about this.Are we just gonna wine on this forum or is someone gonna have to get the lawyers involved.Im gonna ask for all my money back from day 1 from this poor excuse of a company called funcom.Not that ill get it,you can be certain of that.Its just pathetic really really pathetic how we are being crapped on with nothing but excuses and lies for answers.
    Last edited by Poppyfex; May 30th, 2002 at 23:23:13.

Talking

Meligant, somebody should write a little proggie to do that, and set the clock back after you're logged in.

They could call it lagsaver.
    mercatura -ae f. [trade, traffic; merchandise]

Moved off-world and found real tradeskills...along with many other things

warning

I received warning every five minutes from "30 minutes to servers down" I'm not sure, but is the announcement channel for this listed in your chat channels? If so, maybe you've turned it off?
    Ghostimage ..[218.19 Doc]
    Redtail .........[218.14 Fix]
    Finmere .......[150.14 Enf]

Kzip,

Sorry nope, these announcements about an upcoming downtime are system wide, doesnt matter where you are in the game you get them.

I and my team were 1/2 way through a mission when, bam, crash to desktop and unable to log back in. few minutes later the server status was changed to show the worlds were down for an Emergency fix.
    After the worlds came back up, we logged back on to certain death

There were no ingame warnings of this downtime, nor was there a warning on the login screen.

I talked to a GM about it and he said there was a miscommunication that allowed the worlds to be brought down without warning and he was very sorry that this happened. So I think you are talking about the Wednesday announced downtime rather than the Emergency fix that happened Thursday morning with no warning.