Thread: --==(( Points about the MA changes ))==--

--==(( Points about the MA changes ))==--

Tips:

When u wield a hand blade, it is aprox 3 times faster then a tachi and does more damage QL wise, but as u know u cannot Brawl with it.

HOWEVER if u duell wield it with a Tachi, the tachi enables u to use brawl, even when u have the hand blade in ur other hand, thus meaning u slightly increase ur attacks by wielding a hand blade/tachi instead of 2 tachies.

A hand blade has a WAY higher duel wield skill then the tachim therefore the tachi is forced to become secondary weapon.

If this is not intended, then go ahead and nerf it.

Cons:

A MA duell wield "blow" is wasted by phantom animation swing, thus causing delay as presented by another post at "suggestions" or..somewhere.. from LucidFlow.

Argument:

I am against the MA duel wield requirement skill if the phantom swing does not get fixed, because triple-wield fighting just does less damage over time due to the wasted blow.

If MA Duel Wield requirement does get implemented, it will just be another slot, which will never get used (unless ofcourse those wolverine claws are easily duell wieldable............)

Additional bugs spotted:

Angel of Night's reposte skill is the same on every QL. The only change there is is the nano reduction of it when used. Is this intended?

If not, then go ahead and nerf it. But in return the re-use time of it MUST be reduced or it will be rendered unreasonable to use.

MA Crit Buff argument:

Fair enuff if FC wants to make us MA's useless and encourage soloing for MA's.

I'm strictly against the nerfing of MA crit buffsa. I'm happy that they are still self-only but I wish I could see the smiles on other's faces when i give them SG. A Metaphysicist what even desperate enuff for a VS as to gemme masteries for it. Imagine how devestating it'll be when this MetaPhys finds out that i'm near useless for a group cuz i lost the only thing which makes us MA's popular in a group: Crit Buff.

Sure there will be crit buffs not as good as SG or VS for others, but please don't push it down to Crat-crit-buff level or we will get replaced.

It's like nerfing the SOW of a Druid/Shaman/BeastLord/Ranger in EQ.

Poeple will say "We can live with it, cuz it's better then nothing."
    But i am SSOOO so so so afraid that the next time i cast a crit buff they'll say "Ur wasting my NCU's..."

Why do crit buffs have to be nerfed anyway?

Crit buffs promote grouping big times.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Dimach:

An NPC parried my dimach................ and when i dimach, i am not a n00b at it..... i kick groin when i do a dimach.......

When an NPC parries my dimach, i wonder what i can do with ALLL that I.P. which i have "wasted" into Dimach........

If Dimach has a faster re-use, then fine. Make it parry-able.

But if it's re-use is up to an houre and a half...... then jeese.. Isit really worth all the IP?

Sure... it promotes the idea of putting HEAPS of IP into the "parry" skill for PvP-ers.... Doh.... i just counter-argumented myself.

/Slap
    ------------ ------- -------- -------- ------- ------- ------ ------ -------- -------
    But..but... STILL! =P

NPC's aren't sappose to parry Dimachs. =P
    Why? Cuz the mighty Carebear says so!!! =PPPPPPPP
    ( Flamer-food Flamer-food!!!! For Free-eee!! )
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A little idea for Ma weaponary:

Nun-Chukas.

The animation for swinging a nun-chuk should be a figure 8 when duell wielded, or a invert-elbow fling for single-wield, just to bring some Hollywood into AO.

This isn't a priority at all, however.

=)

Other then that, MA's are the perfection of god himself.
    (Flamer food Flamer food!!!!!, especially for [CrispyCHicken])
    @-----}----,---'------------
    For Ragnar Tornquist, the Visionaer.

--==(( Natelie ))==--
    Martial Artist, RK1.
    Member of the Sentinals

--==(( Kaydra ))==--
    N00b, but HardCore Fixer, RK1.

Duell wielding article from LucidFlow:

http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...threadid=25570

--==(( Natelie ))==--
    Martial Artist, RK1.
    Member of the Sentinals

--==(( Kaydra ))==--

Unhappy

"BRING BACK OLD SCHOOL LLTS NOW THAT CRIT BUFFS ARE BEING NERFED. (and yes, I have a +14% scope already on)"

- From MegaBio's Signature.

Seeeee what i mean!?!?!?!?

--==(( Natelie ))==--
    Martial Artist, RK1.
    Member of the Sentinals

--==(( Kaydra ))==--

--==(( Natelie, we know its you. ))==--

=)

Glad u love my --==(( Freedoms Bar ))==-- so much.

Why can't u just ask me politely to quit it, instead of putting up all those other BS threads of urs? U think u can get me down like that?

I won't stop using the --==(( Freedoms Bar ))==-- until u remove all ur childish and wasteful, not to mention un-constructive posts.

I have sent u a Personal Message already, [CrispyChicken].

Ur hurracement will get u banned if u keep this up.

--==(( Natelie ))==--
    Martial Artist, RK1.
    Member of the Sentinals

--==(( Kaydra ))==--

Re: --==(( Points about the MA changes ))==--

Originally posted by Natelie
    Imagine how devestating it'll be when this MetaPhys finds out that i'm near useless for a group cuz i lost the only thing which makes us MA's popular in a group: Crit Buff.
    Too lazy to skim past that part, but aren't MAs also wanted for their heavy damage, supplimental healing and (to a lower extent) AC/evade buffs?
    Originally posted by Whaambulance
    Hi.

This is singlehandedly the stupidest post I have EVER read on these forums. Congradulations.
    'Balancing' Nanos Will Remain Imbalanced Vs. Old Nanos - Because We Said So!

O Gaute, Gaute! Wherefore art thou Gaute?
    Deny thy nerfs and refuse thy lame design decisions;
    Or, if thou wilt not, be but on the forums,
    And I'll no longer be a whiner.

Talking

Originally posted by [CrispyChicken]
    --==(( Natelie, we know its you. ))==--
    [I know it's u 2, CrispyChicken]

[It's just ur style? As far as i know, it's trendy.]

[CrispyChicken] sounds So unique with those bracket around ur name now doesn't it?

NO WAIT, it's [CrispyChicken] boxed! Now i get ur joke....

ur a box of [CrispyChicken]?

How cute.... =)
    Last edited by Natelie; Jun 1st, 2002 at 04:49:58.

--==(( Natelie ))==--
    Martial Artist, RK1.
    Member of the Sentinals

--==(( Kaydra ))==--

It would be nice to have Shuriken too..

A shame to have that nice sharp objects skill being totally worthless.. :/

I'd rather use Shuriken than a bow too, it seems to fit more into my ideals of a MA.

As far as I know, I haven't called you a darn thing Natelie.

Is it my signature?
    It's only what you said.

--==(( Hail the Freedom Symbols! ))==--

=)

Glad u love my --==(( Freedoms Bar ))==-- so much.

Why can't u just ask me politely to quit it, instead of putting up all those other BS threads of urs? U think u can get me down like that?

I won't stop using the --==(( Freedoms Bar ))==-- until u remove all ur childish and wasteful, not to mention un-constructive posts.

I have sent u a Personal Message already, [CrispyChicken].

Ur hurracement will get u banned if u keep this up.
    On the other hand, you've made quite clean how much you disapproved of that agent, followed by choice words.

Why must posts innevitably degenerate into flamefests?

Anyways I just wanted to comment on the "only thing which makes us MA's popular in a group: Crit Buff." comment.

As things stand now a soldier with a crit buff will outdamage an ma with a crit buff. Take away the crit buff from the soldier and leave it on the ma and the ma is doing more damage. Ma's will be just as wanted in groups for their heavy damage, and as secondary healers, and for evade buffs, and ac buffs (if they go that route that is ).

The only difference the crit buff nerf will make for groups is you'll no longer see a team of 5 desperately trying to get one ma, you'll be in the same boat the rest of us are in. And leveling will be slower, no more critting things to death in 5 seconds .
    Sredniaka Sherrmanaka Posthasteaka Thanatopsysaka Vashtareliusaka Nnerroaka Alexxander

"Quidquid latine dictum, sit altum viditur"

Sredni Vashtar went forth,
    His thoughts were red thoughts and his teeth were white.
    His enemies called for peace, but he brought them death.
    Sredni Vashtar the Beautiful.
    by HH Munro

i plan on finding teams of 5 other MA's =D
    GravyOmlet
    200 Martial Artist

Originally posted by Sredni
    Ma's will be just as wanted in groups for their heavy damage, and as secondary healers, and for evade buffs, and ac buffs (if they go that route that is ).
    Thanks for the confirmation there.
    Hi.

This is singlehandedly the stupidest post I have EVER read on these forums. Congradulations.

Or heck, once your teams comprise all lvl 140+ people you hardly need a doctor at all. An ma as primary healer does perfectly well.
    Sredniaka Sherrmanaka Posthasteaka Thanatopsysaka Vashtareliusaka Nnerroaka Alexxander

by HH Munro

Originally posted by iamblades
    It would be nice to have Shuriken too..

A shame to have that nice sharp objects skill being totally worthless.. :/

I'd rather use Shuriken than a bow too, it seems to fit more into my ideals of a MA.
    I SO AGREE! OMG, ur a genious!

Make shurikens the price of arrows or bullets to make'em useful.
    Shurikens will be FANTASTIC pulling items. =))

Why must posts innevitably degenerate into flamefests?
    Yes, why?
    Just because of poeple like [CrispyChicken] and Mor...
    =((((

Anyways I just wanted to comment on the "only thing which makes us MA's popular in a group: Crit Buff." comment.

As things stand now a soldier with a crit buff will outdamage an ma with a crit buff. Take away the crit buff from the soldier and leave it on the ma and the ma is doing more damage. Ma's will be just as wanted in groups for their heavy damage, and as secondary healers, and for evade buffs, and ac buffs (if they go that route that is ).

The only difference the crit buff nerf will make for groups is you'll no longer see a team of 5 desperately trying to get one ma, you'll be in the same boat the rest of us are in. And leveling will be slower, no more critting things to death in 5 seconds .
    Aye. That's an even more bigger reason against nerfing crit buffs. Soldier's will be rendered down to an adventurer, who can't heal.

I agree with u, Sredni. Good points!

Gravy-
    "i plan on finding teams of 5 other MA's =D"

Hehe... The teenage mutant ninja turtles =)

But yeah.. should be interesting. No one in dat group will be saying "U got SG?", then. =P

LafinJack-
    Good points indeed.
    MP's, NT's and all other "casters" are immune to this crit nerf indeed. Only classes which totally relay on weapon damage will suffer the most.

And i guess poeple are right. That'll make us MA's more powerful in a way by making all other classes weaker then themselves.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Crit buffs are there to "haul the potential out of a soldier".

I'm not saying that crit buffs will be nerfed completely... but those nerfed versions which other's get are like...3 percent crit or 4 percent crit? HALF an SG!

That means after every 30 or 40 hits u crit once. What good is dat?

Sredni-
    "Or heck, once your teams comprise all lvl 140+ people you hardly need a doctor at all. An ma as primary healer does perfectly well."

A group of 5 MA's is a self-maintaining armee. These are 5 "All in one" packages. They self-heal, do more damage then an uncritted soldier and can cast evade, AC and some STR buffs.

The heal re-use time is NP when a disciplined group of 5 MA's practice "Chain-healing". Meaning one MA heals the Main Assist after another.

=)

Tho, i been thinking. They scaled down the crit buffs just to make a soldier do AS MUCH damage as an MA.

But C'mon.... a soldier hasta:

Buy ammo, buy a weapon, pay for wrangles and implants.
    They could atleast do more damage when they are critted, then MA's, yes?

Doncha all agree?

--==(( Natelie ))==--
    Martial Artist, RK1.
    Member of the Sentinals

--==(( Kaydra ))==--

But C'mon.... a soldier hasta:

Buy ammo, buy a weapon, pay for wrangles and implants.
    They could atleast do more damage when they are critted, then MA's, yes?
    Soldiers do ranged damage, have TMS, and no longer need to pay for wrangles (to an extent). MAs also need to make implants. Also, all meelee classes should do more damage than ranged classes, that's the tradeoff you make by using ranged weapons.
    Hi.

But MA's can punch a NPC half away across the room...

It's like... "Force punch". lol

But I do get ur point.

If ur a ranged-weapon user and u see it that way, then i sappose that's okay then.

--==(( Natelie ))==--
    Martial Artist, RK1.
    Member of the Sentinals

--==(( Kaydra ))==--

From a soldier's point of view range vs melee is totally the same. there is so little range to be had from ranged weapons that a melee'er can close the distance in a shot. And melee'ers have advantages in that they never have to reload, and can attack whilst moving.

So from a soldiers point of view melee damage shouldn't do more then ranged damage, tho I can see why you would want it to when dealing with all the rooting traders.

However non rooting, non healing, non debuffing, non anything soldiers think that they should be able to do more damage then anybody *shrug*.

Range is no advantage in this game, except in pvp against rooters. And even there, the traders are going to outrange everybody, other ranged users included.

by HH Munro

Question

I donnoh.....

I think everything's pretty much balanced well as itis with the crit buffs.

I see crit buffs as a great damage enhancing nano..good grouping nano... and not as a tool for balancing...

--==(( Natelie ))==--
    Martial Artist, RK1.
    Member of the Sentinals

--==(( Kaydra ))==--