Thread: Fix Nanobreed

Lightbulb Fix Nanobreed

Make the Nano breed have real advantages for the character classes. They stand out right now only for being decidedly weak. They need a real Nano init bonus, Nano resist bonus or a hefty nano pool bonus to offset their low amount of hitpoints.

The yin to that yang

If they are to make Nanomages better at nano's they then need to make Agility more of an advantage for Opifex's and give Atrox's more HP's. As it is now a level 200 atrox only has a few more HP's than a level 200 solitus(soldier).

So you might want to rework your apeal and widen it to all the races. Give us race advantages.
    Rolled
    Coathanger
    RHD Black Watch Regiment

Remember how fun the first week of NW was?

CC is teh devil!

Infact a nanomage has its advantages when you take the shades/vest in mind, on casting professions that can mean the difference of casting a few of your best nanos at 160, or at lvl 191.

But as those items are overly camped, those advantages are not worth alot till you actually have them...

Most of the races are easily usable for all professions. Solitus and Opifex are useful for all professions. Atrox is widely usable in most professions as well. Selecting a Nanomage though seems to cripple most professions. That just seems wrong to me. Maybe you see it differently?

Therefore the other breeds don't need additional boosting because they're already quite playable for most professions. Nano breed needs something a little more to make them useful for all classes. The bonuses I mentioned were just suggestions for doing it.

Likewise none of the races in my opinion should be tied to any specific (and especially hard to get) items to make them useful.

Do fix nanomages.
    Not only nanos can only exist on RK but what is the point of being one aside from RP one? There should be an inherent advantage to being something other then human (sol).
    For Atrox-highers stamina = much higher Body Development.
    For Opiflex- higher agility = much higher AMS and DMS.
    For Nano-higher int means =much higher nano pool.
    If that is too hard to implement how about ability to put 4 points into the key(green) traits instead of todays 3?
    Just how about it FC?

Originally posted by Hard_Boiled
    Do fix nanomages.
    Not only nanos can only exist on RK but what is the point of being one aside from RP one? There should be an inherent advantage to being something other then human (sol).
    For Atrox-highers stamina = much higher Body Development.
    For Opiflex- higher agility = much higher AMS and DMS.
    For Nano-higher int means =much higher nano pool.
    If that is too hard to implement how about ability to put 4 points into the key(green) traits instead of todays 3?
    Just how about it FC?
    Excellent idea! Give all races advantages over solitus so that nobody in their right mind would ever create a solitus character again! Yes! And as a bonus you cripple those who once upon a time created a solitus character! Yes, nerf the solitus race! Brilliant! Absolutely genious!

Oh please, give me a break.

Races are balanced. Opifex are agile. Nanobreed are mentally strong. Atrox are physically strong. Solitus is average. There's no reason whatsoever to change this. It would make the one thing that is balanced in this game unbalanced. Not exactly a clever thing to do IMNSHO.
    Last edited by Archelan; May 16th, 2002 at 18:56:39.
    Archelan, Ancarim Iron Legion

Vandreren (Adventurer) - Arctech (Engineer) - Egori (Fixer) - Sherringham (Bureaucrat) - Kurtwood (Trader)

I just got to replay to this dude:

1.Races are balanced. - In this case you mean the same, right?

2. Opifex are agile. - According to whom? How does being "agile" translates into AO game mechanics or any agi dependent stats? Or is it because the the opi cap is a whooping several dozen points higher then sol? and that gives about what? 6 point in 50% or more dependent skill that would be very very negligible effect on the game play.

3.Nanobreed are mentally strong.-see above dude.

4. Atrox are physically strong. -ditto.

5. Solitus is average.-that much is true.

6.There's no reason whatsoever to change this. - There always might be a reason to change things, the question is if it is worth it.

7.It would make the one thing that is balanced in this game unbalanced. - My point exactly, why would anyone even bother with any other breed if solitus is just right for any profession? Lets change the game dynamics I say.

8 Not exactly a clever thing to do.- I am not sure about being clever but such a drastic change would severely change existing game balance, and require high investment to make the change. So the question if I should hold my breath waiting for this should be anwered with resounding NO,

Exclamation Weaknesses

It isn't just about strengths, it is also about weaknesses.
    Solitus don't really have any and are good for all professions. Tell me one thing they suck at? They don't, they're supposed to be average. No strengths, no weaknesses is supposed to be the idea.

Atrox having high hit points and suck at Nanos. This in my mind makes them balanced.

Opifex have good agility and are good with the "Sneaky" skills. Not particularly a great strength, but their weaknesses are profound either.

Nano breed has low hit points and their intelligence nano pools don't really seem to compensate. Because hit points are so important in this game they're just about crippled in comparison to other breeds. Not to mention that if they aren't assigned to a Nano intensive profession they're totally worthless. Nanomages should have enough superiority at nanos or something that it makes up for their lack of hit points. My friends should be able to play Nano soldiers without getting laughed out of the practice area. After all many Atrox are even successful (even though it is hard) at playing good MPs and such. So please don't turn it into a breed that is only used for MPs and NTs.

They just seem to need a little more something to make them equal (but different) to the other breeds and deserve to have the same degree of cross-profession playability.

This is just silly. The races are good enough, there are things that should be fixed long before they even think about doing anything to the races. Races are working, pure and simple. Making all races equal would only make the whole concepts of races worthless. Giving each race minor strengths and weaknesses is what everyone does, it's what AO does, and it works great.

There are however things that are broken in this game, and there's a lot of them. Fix that before ruining more of what's actually working now.
    Archelan, Ancarim Iron Legion

Vandreren (Adventurer) - Arctech (Engineer) - Egori (Fixer) - Sherringham (Bureaucrat) - Kurtwood (Trader)

Talking

From the IP perspective:

Atrox = Cheap STR, STA / Expensive INT, SEN, PSY
    Opifex = Cheap AGI / Expensive SEN
    Solitus = Avg. all
    Nano = Cheap INT, PSY / Expensive STR, STA

The breeds are balanced people. Do you see one breed that has more CHEAP skills to put IP into than EXPENSIVE ones? No. What needs balancing is your approach to the game if you think the breeds are unbalanced.

And another thing while I'm ranting: The OE code isn't going to help much. Oh ya..I'll gladly deduct 25% off the damages on some QL 170 pistol...yeah..ok. Bah. Make the OE code limit the QL of what you can equip like this:

if( QL > ( ( level + 12 ) + ( level / 8 ) ) equip = FALSE;

Just my two credits....

Xyavi, 42 NanoTech

Arrow

Archelan, have you ever seen one of these stats comparisations
    like this one ?
    I think there was over 100 threads in every possible forum already...

Xyavi, it's not just IP cost, it's mostly HPs pro Body Dev,
    what we are talking about