Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Game Economy/Inflation - Serious... Funcom, take note!

Re: Game Economy/Inflation - Serious... Funcom, take note!

Originally posted by Theanna
    What needs to be done is a serious and dramatic change to the money system. As I've seen stated in other threads, there is no 'out'. Money just keeps on getting created. We need a real economy. A set number of credits, similar to what any treasury department in any country would have.
    Although this is a good idea, and I would like to see something like this take place, it's not complimentary to the game's theme.

On the one hand, we have a large hyper corporation whose buisness practices span the whole known galaxy and whose net profit is undoubtedly larger than that of the flaunted United States of America, or maybe bill gates.

Second we have the clans. Who say they want to rid themselves of Omni tek, so that they can live in peace on their own planet.

Considering the two entities are two seperate entities, and that they follow their own rules, and their own economical system, who is to say that the money being created out of think air, in omni tek is really money being circulated into omni tek hands from their buisness with nano technology or other off world profits ?

And for the clans, who is to say they arent minting their own cash ? Considering how ive never seen cash before, then I would have to assume that this day in age that there is no actual hard currency and that all there really is, is just soft currency. A bit of a history lesson, even the country of America, has stopped using a fort knox, and they now print their own money and can in theory print till the cows come home.

But considering how the clans and omni tek are using the same currency.. that is credits. It would make me wonder, if omni tek is printing its own money or the clans ? lets assume its just omni tek printing its own money. Well ok.. that would mean to say omni tek is in itself, some kind of galactic government then. And that omni tek has now become some sort of, buisness government, or a government run by efficiency and buisness practices. Then, it would make sense that money being created out of think air, is in fact being created out of thin air. Cause, omni tek can make as much cash as they want. They literally rule the galaxy!

But now consider the alternative, that omni tek is not a galactic government, and that they are in fact just a corporation that competes with other corporations. Ok. So that means they are using money thats being printed by another government. Whether it is a galactic government or not, doesn't make a difference now. Omni tek must now answer to a higher power, .. in theory. If they answer to a higher power, in theory, then in theory what you are now asking for, is economics for a galaxy. now a small planet, like rubi ka. Your asking to take into account factors and considerations such as supply and demand which affect the economical balance in rubi ka. I mean who is to say that piece of crap inferior chilled plasteel body armor wasnt made in some hick town back in kansas ?

Don't really know =( So although, the idea of a economy based on supply and demand and on shop prices is a good idea, it would subtly change the story line for the game, although.. maybe slightly but significantly enough =D

Originally posted by Kohistan
    Also - one thing. People that sell Credits on E-bay via the trading channels should be reported and banned instantly.
    My sentiment exactly.
    I quested all the way to Penumbra, and I didn't even get a lousy t-shirt.

There are several measures currently in the pipeline that will aid the Rubi-Ka economy. No official leaks just yet, but you may have seen hints of some of these measures in-game already. (Oooh. Cryptic. )

I think there's a good discussion going on here as well though. I'll pass this onto the designers.
    Earn free game time and play with your friends[/b]

Anarchy Online Community Representative

/me starts crying

Why all the cryptic clues? They only get our hopes up, and if Funcom fails to deliver, it will mean more angry people. It just doesn't make sense to me.
    Serofina - Currently in the process of revival after a nasty incident with some uber leets. We're still looking for her head...

Teebo - Voted the most stylish person ever to grace Rubi-ka in a recent poll, organised by himself.

Official starter of the hugely succesful Blackmarket Thread!

If I said what they are, wouldn't that get your hopes up more?
    Earn free game time and play with your friends[/b]

Anarchy Online Community Representative

Originally posted by Cosmik
    If I said what they are, wouldn't that get your hopes up more?
    Possibly. But more likely it would give us the ability to give you feedback before this is implemented. The test server has proven itself unreliable so we should work together here to make a better solution to the problem.

There is some great stuff on this board, you just have to rummage a bit.

http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...0&pagenumber=1

Great thread there, which i suggest you look at.

Cheers!
    Serofina - Currently in the process of revival after a nasty incident with some uber leets. We're still looking for her head...

Teebo - Voted the most stylish person ever to grace Rubi-ka in a recent poll, organised by himself.

Official starter of the hugely succesful Blackmarket Thread!

mostly good idea

This idea sounds nice, but what if I have a lvl 200 enforcer with 200 million creds, I can be saving him for a defense during a large scale attack, but he is killing the economy. This idea should be put in for avarage cash per lvl, for the charicters in the game at the time, that way my lvl 200 guy who I am still working on creating will not screw everything up.

second part
    what about those who transfer creds from one of their chars to another who is at a lower lvl?, I can surely make use of 10 mill creds for a lvl10 crat eventually, but it would screw up the entire system.
    It is a good idea but since it is only a game that can be pushed only so far (at least for now) there is no way to stop inflation, it should slow itself though because you will not want to spend time, or RL money (ebay) getting more creds, so it will cap itself at some point, I just hope that point is close to now.

Some ideas.............

Well I play a level 50 crat. And as I see it nano users are those who sends most of the money back into the "void" in the form of nano recharges :-)

But most of the money and special equipment made from hunting and missions stay in game. And with a large increase of credits in the game the prices of "rare" items and "loot only" nanos goes up. The solution to this is to reduce the amount of money in game.....

The only way to do that is to provide services that players are willing to spend money on.

And now to something completely different the ideas :-)

Implement a upgrade vendor where you can upgrade your weapons and armor with no trade skill requirements but with a risk of failure depending on QL. If it fails you can always try again

To upgrade a weapon from QL10 to QL11 should be fairly cheap with 99% probability of success where as upgrading a weapon from QL100 to QL101 should be expensive with a lower rate 50% of success. (Characters with trade skill should have the same ability with items bought from a store)

You should be able to hire NPC mercenaries or bodyguards price depending on level

Unique NODROP items and general nanos found in stores at very rare occasions, these should expensive!!

Bring back the pills of experience from beta 3. (they were depending on level to use and locked the use of another for 24 real-time I think. Sell them in shops at a price of 10 cred a XP or more.

Make training facilities where you can hire a trainer and get training in skills and abilities (not beyond the maximum for the level) at the price of 100 cred a IP.

just some ideas

not just economic reasons, but fun for us high level guys

I'm starting to collect money at quite a respectable rate. Unfortunately at my level, there really isn't anything to do with it. It's disappointing to finally amass money and have access to money at a time in my character's career when I truthfully don't need the money anymore.

I want something to spend my money on just because it would be more fun! Where are the high level things that cost millions of creds.... the ones that would give me a reason to still care about saving up money to buy things?

Why should us high level guys suddenly get 'removed' from the economy because we are quite rich and don't have a damn thing to do with our money? Hey, let there be stores that sell post ql 125 items for millions of credits. I'd buy them sometimes instead of camping mission terminals and shopping channels.

I might prefer to save up a few million credits to buy a super-sexy ql 180 recompiler rather than camping the mission terminals for it. I'd spend the time playing rather than rolling missions upon missions, and use the money that comes in to buy stuff I need instead.
    Yehezkel

180+ Rockin' Adventurer
    Jester's Vengeance
    RK2

Soon to be in possession of majestic powers that no other profession will rival...

Re: Game Economy/Inflation - Serious... Funcom, take note!

Originally posted by Theanna
    . Just to be arbitrary, set it at 1 million credits per character (NOT player). Convert everyone's credits to the new system, convert all the shop prices, and adjust mission rewards/mob rewards to the amount available to each side. (Initially, split up the total credits not possessed by the characters between clan, neutral, and omni... THese are used for said rewards/mob money.) Mob money would be drawn from the side that the mob belongs to.

Can anyone make sense of this? I should have gone to bed many, many, many hours ago.... My eyes keep crossing.

Theanna

This isnt a bad idea, however, you forgot one thing. What happens when the mob side runs out of cash? They dont run missions. Take a % from each player if they die? take like say, 3% of cash or something? I dunno, its not a bad idea. What do you do with the money already in the game though? just say "too bad, we need that 50 million you have for the world economey, call it a one time world tax!!!" or something. You would see alot of pissed off people ( me included )
    Nitsobar - lvl 219/13 Doc - Equipment - Perks - History
    MrBruce - lvl 204/6 MA - Equipment - Perks - History
    MsHackalot - lvl 123/9 Twink Fixer - Equipment - Perks - History

Veterans of Synergy Factor

Click to email me

Thumbs down I fart credits

Want to sniff them?

K, time for me to be what some would call overly defensive:

Bleh, bunch of whining, the have-me-nots *****ing about the imagined injustice from the haves. You know what? When I started this game, that number in the lower right corner of my screen...it actually said zero! *GASP*

This 'problem' hasn't even come CLOSE to being 'solved' in the real world, you're nuts if you think this game can. Come for people's money in the real world, you'll be sucking on shotgun barrels. (unless you have a 100 years to set up a system for it, see: IRS) I have about the same opinion in this game...want my credits? Eat my shotgun...several flavors to choose from. (Vektor, Krutt, Ithaca, Defender etc)

Credit cap? lol...I'd hand out the cap to as many newbies as I could (except you) just to show you what a fvcking joke that would be. You wanna see inflation? Lol, imagine when you can only have 5m per char, and half the population does. Anyways people would just mule it around, or 'invest' in high-commodities, like high ql ncu/armor/decent weapons and other high-demand gear. The haves would remain haves, the have-me-nots would be far worse.

If you haven't finished schooling yet, don't let any economics professor see this posting...automatic F.

Talking 'credits'

PS, omni is just one of many hyper-corporations part of the ICC. Something as fundamental as credits is undoubtedly controlled/overseen by them, and Omni wouldn't go NEAR that, since it would screw them horribly if the interstellar economy was in peril.

Now clanners...who knows what that scum would do! Then again if they piss off the ICC on something like that, Omni would probably get strong official backing (and troops) to utterly demonish all trace of clan.

I noticed on the patch notes that there is a small whompa tax. IS this new? If it is, this is definately a step in the right direction.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12