Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: IRRK: The Battle of Borealis

Quote Originally Posted by Menome View Post
    Whilst you try to score cheap shots with words, I have no doubt my compatriots at Omni-Tek are using words in a much more efficient manner, to ensure favourable negotiations, and to make plans of action concerning the occupance of our land.
    Cheap shots... hrm... you mean like generalizing ALL neutral citizens as scum? Oh now certainly not that?!? You must be new. I can tell.

The 'Neutrals' may not be an aggressive threat towards Omni-Tek the majority of the time, but at the end of they day, they are not part of the corporation, and if they're not with us, then they are part of the problem.
    I know many neutrals who would disagree. I'm finding it hard to take your argument seriously, because clearly you haven't done your homework. Neutrals, ARE part and of the system. You refusing to accept that, proves your ignorance.

Joining us is the solution. We can offer luxuries that are unobtainable elsewhere, guaranteed work for the corporation, a salary, affordable homes, and the latest mod-cons for comfortable living. All we ask in return is to stay with us, not to defect to these pressure groups and their terrorist nature, and serve Omni-Tel to the best of your ability.
    No thanks, I enjoy my freedoms that I worked hard to get for myself. I dont need some snot nosed company kid telling me his policy manual is the bible i need to live by. Once more, I do well for being a clanner. Not only do I have a home I can be proud of, but I busted my arse to get it. Nothing is more satisfying than building a life with your own two hands. I dont need idiots like you telling me their way is better than mine, because my experience teaches me differently.

Be smart. Be Omni
    This is an oxymoron.

Dont tussle with me, boy. I eat littleneck bastards like you with tea and toast.
    Last edited by Bubbacrush; Aug 25th, 2007 at 21:39:33.
    Towerblock, 220/30/70 Engineer
    President of Steadfast

And way too many alts...

Quote Originally Posted by Bubbacrush View Post
    Cheap shots... hrm... you mean like generalizing ALL neutral citizens as scum? Oh now certainly not that?!? You must be new. I can tell.
    I'm new, and means I can look at events from an objective viewpoint, and what I see is a situation where these 'Neutrals' are simply causing more problems than they solve. I did not label them as 'scum', as scum is something that can't be used for a good purpose.

Waste-products however, can be recycled, to be used for something more beneficial than their current existence. In this instance, the Neutrals, who I see as a by-product of this conflict, due to not siding one way or the other, can simply place themselves on one side of the line, and can be dealt with appropriately, by recruitment, or termination.

I know many neutrals who would disagree. I'm finding it hard to take your argument seriously, because clearly you haven't done your homework. Neutrals, ARE part and of the system. You refusing to accept that, proves your ignorance.
    I've done enough 'homework' to know that just because the system is there, it doesn't mean it can't be changed. I mean, isn't that what you as a clanner are fighting for? A change to the system? Well that's where I stand too, except I don't resort to terrorist methods, unlike some of your colleagues.

Once more, I do well for being a clanner. Not only do I have a home I can be proud of, but I busted my arse to get it.
    I'm sure you're proud of it. Man is always proud of what he can individually accomplish, and I applaud you for working so hard to achieve something. I just feel that it's an unfortunate waste that all that effort is going towards living with subversive elements, when you could get so much more reward by putting those efforts into working for Omni-Tek.

I eat littleneck bastards like you with tea and toast.
    Is that because there's not enough supplies of proper food to go around in those Clan hovels?

---------------------------------

/OOC: If I do get certain facts wrong, I apologise in advance, as you can see I'm new, so I'm still reading through as much of the backstory and news as possible. Though if I get something wrong in-character, I'll roll with it and still RP that, it's more fun that way.

I'm new, and means I can look at events from an objective viewpoint, and what I see is a situation where these 'Neutrals' are simply causing more problems than they solve. I did not label them as 'scum', as scum is something that can't be used for a good purpose.
    What you call objective, some call ignorant. And what you see, is not how it is. Justify in your mind however you like, but Publicly declaring your ignorance isnt winning you any friends.
    Waste-products however, can be recycled, to be used for something more beneficial than their current existence. In this instance, the Neutrals, who I see as a by-product of this conflict, due to not siding one way or the other, can simply place themselves on one side of the line, and can be dealt with appropriately, by recruitment, or termination.
    If you were half as intelligent as you pretend to be you'd understand that there are several variants of what a 'neutral citizen' really is. You have your wastrels, and you have your upstanding folk, and you have your fencesitters, and then you have those that just plan refuse to take a stance because they dont want any of the conflict at all. But clearly you have sided against them. And yet again you demonstrate your need to be gagged by saying 'its the omni way or the highway'. That is what I find incredibly ridiculous.
    I've done enough 'homework' to know that just because the system is there, it doesn't mean it can't be changed. I mean, isn't that what you as a clanner are fighting for? A change to the system? Well that's where I stand too, except I don't resort to terrorist methods, unlike some of your colleagues.
    I dont walk in the same circles your terrorists walk. Calling them my colleagues isn't going to get your anywhere but cuffed for your trouble. If you've done homework, it certainly doesn't show. Once more. demonstrated that you think its all about change, and its not. Change happens every day, from the small to the large. Whether through action or inaction, change will happen if I want it to or not. Our legitimate clan front, wants nothing but independance, which we get for ourselves rather easily. It's just we got jerkoffs like you telling it like we have to follow 'your' rules, and your rules are bunk. *shrug* Its pretty simple, and always has been.
    I'm sure you're proud of it. Man is always proud of what he can individually accomplish, and I applaud you for working so hard to achieve something. I just feel that it's an unfortunate waste that all that effort is going towards living with subversive elements, when you could get so much more reward by putting those efforts into working for Omni-Tek.
    What you call subversive elements, I call 'getting it done'. Perhaps if you looked on all sides of the coin, then you would know that a label is as subjective as the person reading it.
    Is that because there's not enough supplies of proper food to go around in those Clan hovels?
    Man you seriously have a pretty coloured view of how I live. We have the same demographics that Omni-tek and Neutrals have. We got people at the top living well, and we have ne'er-do-wells eating outta garbage cans in our ghettos. And if you wanna lie and tell me different, I highly suggest you take a look in the north and east side of Omni-Entertainment. Or better yet, try looking across Infestation and check out the shanties where Omni-med has 'deposited' all your transients.

If you think you're going to gain headway with your ridiculous statements, you may wish to think again. I've put more than one omni-tek chimp in his place for talking trash about the way it is. Save your time. Use your own brain instead of regurgitating all the trash you read or hear about. You just might be suprised at the results.

You coulda just ended your explanation with:
    I'm new
    Which I knew.
    Towerblock, 220/30/70 Engineer
    President of Steadfast

And way too many alts...

Yes, there are many jobs to be found at Omni-Tel, at hours that suit you and your family.

(( >_>

<_<))
    Omni-Tel...for when you desperately need to reach out and crush someone....mercilessly....
    The Independent Rubikans - The oldest Neutral Org on RK1! 10.5 years and counting!

Namiru - 210/30/58 Neutral Solitus Martial Artist, Advisor - Always accepting new students in the Art
    Thalona - 199/25/40 Neutral Solitus Meta-Physicist, Veteran - Pondering higher thought
    Weefleboy - 150/20/40 Neutral Opifex Fixer, Member - Wheeling and Dealing somewhere on RK.
    Johnnysokko - 60/6/14 Neutral Solitus Engineer, Member - Still trying to twink that Slayer on.
    Keepdafaith - 60/6/14 Neutral Atrox Keeper, Member - IR Temple Services
    Powerbender - 100/6/14 Neutral Nanomage Nano-Technician, Member
    Deleetful - 65/7/14 Neutral Solitus Adventurer, Applicant
    Lumbergh - 60/5/10 Neutral Nanomage Bureaucrat, Applicant - "M'yeah, I'm going to have to ask that you go ahead and come into work on Saturday...that would be great..."

To say that we need to be kept in line, or are either with you or against you, is foolish arrogance. Why would The Corporation continue to shoot itself ion the foot? You have fought a war with the clans for years and years, and can't make any headway. Why wouldn't you do everything you can to remain on good terms with a 17% of the population that could EASILY tip the scales of the war in either sides favor. You treat us like vermin when you should be treating us like Notum. Blubber the corporation line and propoganda all you want, you can't afford to fight a war on two fronts, you're barely holding your own in one.

Let me re-iterate to both the clans and Omni Tek, war is the last thing we want, but the Battle of Borealis was something we were cornered into. Continue to force our hand, continue to step on us, and what other recourse will we have? You call us fence sitters, but if you continue to urinate on the fence, I assure you , there will be repercussions.

((great articles, FC, thank you for putting the icing on the cake of a massive event so many of us put our hearts and souls into!))

Quote Originally Posted by Nohva View Post
    To say that we need to be kept in line, or are either with you or against you, is foolish arrogance. Why would The Corporation continue to shoot itself ion the foot? You have fought a war with the clans for years and years, and can't make any headway. Why wouldn't you do everything you can to remain on good terms with a 17% of the population that could EASILY tip the scales of the war in either sides favor. You treat us like vermin when you should be treating us like Notum. Blubber the corporation line and propoganda all you want, you can't afford to fight a war on two fronts, you're barely holding your own in one.

Let me re-iterate to both the clans and Omni Tek, war is the last thing we want, but the Battle of Borealis was something we were cornered into. Continue to force our hand, continue to step on us, and what other recourse will we have? You call us fence sitters, but if you continue to urinate on the fence, I assure you , there will be repercussions.
    As a Loyal Omni-Tek Citizen, I would just like to say that I fell the violence there was unnecessary, I know a number of Neutral Citizens whom I think of as friends, and I am always Happy to see them join in on Omni-Tek excursions into various places, Including delving deeper into the Shadowlands and assisting with the Alien Incursions onto Rubi-Ka in the Outzones, I even know a few who routinely come to the assistance of Omni-Tek personnel in defending Towers from the predation of the Clans. Overall I believe that Neutral Citizens Help Omni-Tek more than they help the Clans.

Though reading over the following
    Quote Originally Posted by Editor: IRRK View Post
    Initially assuming a passive approach, Lonare stood at the side of the large crowd while listening to Nohva's speech. It was with the "administrator's" presence where members of the crowd started to get rowdy - With neutral and clan hardliners goading the force.
    I see no reason why Lonare shouldn't have been there to witness the speech, in fact it shows that Omni-Tek do pay attention to the needs and desires of the Neutral populace on the planet. It would seem to me that it was in Fact Neutral and Clan Citizens that started problems and caused the riots.

Quote Originally Posted by Editor: IRRK View Post
    After the end of the speech, Lonare left for safety while the riot force attempted to get the crowd to disperse. Not willing to bend over for the occupying forces anymore, neutral & clan forces collectively resisted the squad, eventually coming to blows.
    Whereas Omni-Tek tried in vain to try and calm the situation down, I believe if the Clans had not been there to cause trouble then this violence would never have occurred.
    Ebondevil - Omni Level 220 Agent on Atlantean, Feel free to contact me any time if you have questions, in game or out.
    Varinox - Omni Level 220 Meta-Physicist on Atlantean
    Yamarra - Omni Level 150 Shade on Atlantean

Feel free to send me any tell in game or a Private Message if you require anything.

The incident just shows why the Omni-Tek forces came into the city in the first place. Some elements will not stop causing trouble unless there is strong military presence.

Still, Omni-Tek is putting faith in a peaceful solution and administrator Lonare. If you follow Nohva, you are ignoring this. All you are going to achieve with guns is more Omni-Tek troops to guarantee safe working conditions to the administration. And in all your gun-toting fanaticism, keep in mind, while this may be your first 'fight for freedom', it is not Omni-Tek's first.
    Engineer General Virta, Omni-Pol. Not in active service.

Roleplaying Profile of Jimi "Virta" Hendrix

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12