Thread: Blah.

Blah.

Well, I am cancelling my account... *AGAIN*. I've come back for a month, made it to lvl 38, and am beginning to see the same old problems, the main one being solo play is incredibly difficult. I've experienced the same 3-mob slaughter in the first couple of rooms that I did 6 months ago. *sigh* I really liked the ideas behind this game, and hoped that I'd come back to a much improved game. Oh well. I'm not coming back again.

Theanna

If you want to solo start a good solo prof.

Any pet prof would work, crat is best cuz you can calm the other mobs.

If that doesn't work you do something wrong.
    Azzazzimon

Clan Apocalypse - The guild for models

Account closed.

It is also possible to pull out 1 of the 3 mobs before the 2 others add in. Just wait until one of the is a bit of distance away from the 2 others and go closer to it until it aggroes then move back to entrance room. If all 3 come just zone out, if you are lucky only one of them is in the entrance room when you zone back in.

Talking

My jaw hit the floor. 2 posts and nobody asked for your stuff yet.

Talking Logic says...

Originally posted by reality
    My jaw hit the floor. 2 posts and nobody asked for your stuff yet.
    Considering she had a hard time getting past the first 3 mobs, it's unlikely she has much stuff.

Theanna, I can vouch for crat being a good solo profession, try it out if you have gaming time left.
    FunnyFace
    Running with Notum scissors

Below level 40, any profession can solo well...
    From the ones I play :
    - Enforcers can handle three green/yellow mob with good first aid and mongo
    - MP... No comment If you have some HP, attack pet on a mob, you on the second with heal pet and mezz pet around, there is no problem with the 3 mobs rooms...
    - Trader... Got mezz, enough said...
    - Fixer. Got roots, step in the room, root two of the mobs, retreat with only the third mob on you... Should be dead by the time the roots break, then repeat...

Add Martial Artist.

RK3 Is lonely, soloing is plentyful, lvl 44/45 can still do 75% mission untwinked, reds..deep, hurt but ....can solo them.

Sorry Theanna, I agree with the other posters here.
    If you have problems solo'ing at 38 you are doing something fundamentally wrong. There are a lot of guides and such to be found on how to play the MA.

Go visit The Punching Bag for a lot of tips concerning MA's.
    Dominata
    Member of THM

Initial Room Mob Aggro

I have to agree with you, Theanna. Though I believe they did something to the mob aggro with 14.0 in solo. Before 14.0, I could pull each mob one at a time, like clockwork, no problem...the absolute MAX I ever had was 2 of 3 and only then if I really screwed up the pull. Starting the day 14.0 hit, I can open the first door, find an enemy in my face and the other TWO in the far corners of the room (you cannot get them any farther away than that) and ALL THREE aggro and charge. EVERY TIME, WITHOUT FAIL. Right after 14.0, there were several long threads on initial room aggro, and of course, no Funcom response.

Personally, I think they snuck in the aggro mods they mentioned (with mobs helping like mob in the area) as for the future in team missions with 14.0...that or its a subtle shift by the designers towards an EQ-esque 'group of don't play' mindset. I basically just abort any mission that has a single central room with mobs and go get another until I find one that does not have the 3-Mob screwover setup.
    This space intentionally left blank

Re: Initial Room Mob Aggro

Originally posted by Relarin
    I have to agree with you, Theanna. Though I believe they did something to the mob aggro with 14.0 in solo. Before 14.0, I could pull each mob one at a time, like clockwork, no problem...the absolute MAX I ever had was 2 of 3 and only then if I really screwed up the pull. Starting the day 14.0 hit, I can open the first door, find an enemy in my face and the other TWO in the far corners of the room (you cannot get them any farther away than that) and ALL THREE aggro and charge. EVERY TIME, WITHOUT FAIL. Right after 14.0, there were several long threads on initial room aggro, and of course, no Funcom response.
    I still manage to pull them one by one... The trick is just doing a step in the room then retreating at once... If noone aggros you, repeat... Most of the time, I manage to get only one (that is with my Enforcer... Trader mezzes, MP just rushes in yelling, Fixer rushes in, roots and retreats)...
    As a MA, you have heals, so I guess if you focus on a single foe, you can kill it and then zone to heal and go back for the rest...

Just one minor flaw in that tactic when it comes to agents.
    Any action taken towards the mobs, be it rooting or fishing for single aggro, equals detection, which means no aimed shot.
    Thus no special during the fight and our only "ace up the sleeve" is gone.

Once upon a time we were able to single pull with the help of LOS, almost as if our sniper rifles actually had a silencer equipped (go figure )... don't recall excactly when that changed. Off course, this was back when the mobs you weren't fighting would mostly wander in circles around you until you're present target was dead and you started shooting/bashing the next one.

Multiple mobs are, from my experience, the main show stopper for the profs hampered in the body dev department.
    Single pulls with aimed shot (depending on LOS) would help on all levels, including making agents viable as pullers in teams.

There might be some negative factors (in FC's eyes) if a team was able to single pull with high certainty in outdoor hunting spots, tho' I think it would benefit everyone.

So my simple request would be the addition of silencers for our rifles, through tradeskills perhaps, to make our guns go Pfft! instead of BLAM!, to help on the single pulls. Even make it so the mobs you don't target can hear the Pfft! if they're too close (for instance nearest 1/3 of the room in question.)

Just a thought, really
    Buford Hitokage Matt

Explorer 73% | Socializer 66% | Achiever 33% | Killer 26%
    -

Don't fear the night...
    fear the ones hiding in it.
    -

"Jesus is coming - Look busy"
    -

"Im not Uber. Im your common joe. Im level 178 and untitled. I never had a title and I never really cared whether I got one. All I really wanted was to have fun, learn new stuff and put my creativity to some use." - PhiliosPhreak

Originally posted by Hitokage
    Just one minor flaw in that tactic when it comes to agents.
    Any action taken towards the mobs, be it rooting or fishing for single aggro, equals detection, which means no aimed shot.
    Thus no special during the fight and our only "ace up the sleeve" is gone.

So my simple request would be the addition of silencers for our rifles, through tradeskills perhaps, to make our guns go Pfft! instead of BLAM!, to help on the single pulls. Even make it so the mobs you don't target can hear the Pfft! if they're too close (for instance nearest 1/3 of the room in question.)

Just a thought, really
    I had forgotten agents... Maybe the only class to experiment problems with the first room... Though you can still AS one of the mob and hope to kill it before the adds manage to kill you... Then zoning multiple times often ends with having only one in the entrance room and the other in the main room... Agreed, it is a real pain...
    As for the Pffft... Unfortunately, I don't think the system handles sound detection anyway... Otherwise bows would have a great advantage too (the Schuyler is very quiet)... After all, even RL intervention groups occasionnaly use bows (or rather crossbows) just for that advantage, even a silencer is not that quiet (and deadly - silencers kill a lot of the fire power)...

Today on 14.2 engineer lvl 22 w/o problems has started lvl 32 (not sure, but slider was at most right) mission with 4 mobs at start room, all are infrared Ran around, while all mobs have not stopped before my pet and villages in a corner to smoke

MA 60 lvl also starts 70lvl missions solo w/o any problems... except disconnections.

Originally posted by Linta

Though you can still AS one of the mob and hope to kill it before the adds manage to kill you...
    Ooh... I wish

But you know what would have to happen to AS for that to become a possibility
    Buford Hitokage Matt

Explorer 73% | Socializer 66% | Achiever 33% | Killer 26%
    -

Don't fear the night...
    fear the ones hiding in it.
    -

"Jesus is coming - Look busy"
    -

"Im not Uber. Im your common joe. Im level 178 and untitled. I never had a title and I never really cared whether I got one. All I really wanted was to have fun, learn new stuff and put my creativity to some use." - PhiliosPhreak