Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 17.5 Clean GUI

I used the clean GUI stuff. When i launch AO a black screen comes up then nothing...from what I can tell my toon is actually logging into the game just my graphics is not responding. Constant black screen. Any help appreciated.
    Almadena

Thumbs up Wonderful!

Thank you!!!!!!!!!!! It helps a lot!!!!!!

Hey, after installing this GUI I can't have my Friends, Programs, Wear windows open at the same time. It looks like they are overwriting each other.
    Surfacing 220/23 Trader - Atlantean

I had a problem similar to that when LE released, or I think it mght be the same.
    If it's closeing GUI windows when you open another (different combinations on different toons), then it's close to the same issue. I had to go into my prefs for each character, and delete the GUI-placement-window-saved settings. it reset my hotbars, favorited nanos and all the windows that I'd moveto a specific location, but it fixed the problem for me.

I'm no where near my computer atm, or I could tell you which file to delete. I'll edit when I can with more correctified info.

Edit: Alright it's a folder in your Prefs, go through your account, and figure out which character number is the toon(s) with the windows problem, and then delete the folder called 'DockAreas'. It'll reset the way you have your windows setup up to default, but it'll also fix that problem with them closing when you open a new one. Oh and remember to /camp to save your setup, once you get it back the way you like it.

I'm not sure why it does it, but it's something to do with your Prefs being bugged, or conflicting with something.
    Last edited by Kotts; Aug 14th, 2007 at 15:40:42.
    Point Blank

Angry Well i recently fixed my gui

I have used the clean gui it worked but ...Now today it seems to be messed up again my my left and right corner bars on top of each other in the right corner and my cred and agg bar are like stacked on each other i can't seem to figure it out and I can't petition anything ark are ignoring me cause i seem to petition more then 15 times in 30 days I havent petition like 4 times maybe 5

http://forums.anarchyonline.com/showthread.php?t=419890

Check the FAQ a bit lower on that post and see if it fits you problem at all. It sounds like the original skin is using your previous GUI placement.
    Point Blank

Hey, for some reason my game is missing some items; the newer veteran items, Ofab stuff, Miy's armor, etc... I was told by an ARK to use the clean GUI but it's still not working. I am running on a newer computer, which might be the cause of it, but on my older computer (which broke down; which is the reason I switched to this new one) everything worked fine and I had a couple of good items equipped, but now they come up as blank items in my inventory. They look like blue blobs with purple question marks on them.

Help meeeeee, I want my Miy's stuff baaaack. D:

Noxiouz on RK1.
    Last edited by noxiouz; Oct 8th, 2007 at 06:40:38.

Great.

I've had this in a petition several times, and the most recent time--which was earlier today really pissed me off. I was in the que for several HOURS with the message I copied and pasted from my last post. The ARKS just kept bumping it down on the que like they didnt care. It really pissed me ther **** off. I've just about had it with this freaking mess which is mostly FC's fault.

Do you see stuff in Ofab shops, or trade windows?
    are you running AO on a new harddrive ?

hmmm this might be caused by :
    -an error in patching process, which caused database to be corrupted. solution : Reinstal AO
    -an HDrive cluster error that also damage your database. Reinstal AO in diffrent dirrectory
    - a rare graphic card problem, try diffrent drivers.
    if those dont work than it might be :
    - the FC menaged to lost your data...

Quote Originally Posted by Wagabunda View Post
    Do you see stuff in Ofab shops, or trade windows?
    are you running AO on a new harddrive ?

hmmm this might be caused by :
    -an error in patching process, which caused database to be corrupted. solution : Reinstal AO
    -an HDrive cluster error that also damage your database. Reinstal AO in diffrent dirrectory
    - a rare graphic card problem, try diffrent drivers.
    if those dont work than it might be :
    - the FC menaged to lost your data...
    I cannot see any of the said items in the shops, I do recieve the items names in the chat window, but I cannot click the link. I am running on a new hard drive
    Reinstalled twice to no avail.
    In different directories.
    I only have one graphics card.

-shrug-

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12