Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: New weapons #2

I forgot to mention, someone said crats didn't get a new pistol...

orly

(can't be bothered quoting btw heh)

Someone else whined about not having 11s AS recharge on a new weapon...wth?

Getting AS isn't enough, you expect to easily get 11s recharge out of it?? While Fixers got rammed with 90s FA recharge?

lol

You're not going to be happy until reaver is made a General perk line and unlocked from 2he, are you?
    Member of Spartans
    Hacre/Solitus/Keeper/220/29/70 - Ninpopotamus/Solitus/NT/220/30/70 - Charmming/Opifex/Crat/220/30/70
    Quote Originally Posted by randomalpha View Post
    in the end soldier is not Op or even near from that never was never will be just for the record only keepers are the ones before soldiers on the nerfest list
    Genius at work.

A pistol with fling shot only that's best served as a PvM off-hand isn't exactly helping in turning us into a viable PvP class

Quote Originally Posted by Hacre View Post
    (can't be bothered quoting btw heh)

Getting AS isn't enough, you expect to easily get 11s recharge out of it?? While Fixers got rammed with 90s FA recharge?
    Yes it needs to be easy capped @ 11 seconds or no one ever will use it. Now please, go hide into empty can of tomato juice, mail yourself to Mexico, and dont forget to write on a package "i'm looking for a clue".

Quote Originally Posted by crattey View Post
    No, you see me talking about how crats don't have 3.5K AR. The setup posted by Ragetra is retarded and not achievable. Try actually reading posts for a change. You really think crats have the highest AR in game?
    Sounded as if you had caught me doing that mistake before. I might have been slightly of..sorry if I offended, but i do believe crats have way more AR then a doc. Atleast enough to compensate for not having doc pistols or better. What docs have extra in dmg in those pistols, you should be able to catch up by actually hitting your target.

I fear crats..just got my ass whopped in bs by one(over and over), it should have been the other way around =P docs being nemesis and all. Can you say you fear docs? Can anyone say they fear docs? :s

"Crap! theres a doctor, I should retreat to my group/team/side" that would be the day ><

A pistol with fling shot only that's best served as a PvM off-hand isn't exactly helping in turning us into a viable PvP class
    Oh I dunno, that healing/nano init nerf proc could be quite useful...you said yourself its an offhand weap..

That aside (I think that crat pistol needs a lower defense check to be pvp viable) saying that "crats didn't get a new weapon" is still false, because they did

This forum requires that you wait 60 seconds between posts. Please try again in 40 seconds.
    Member of Spartans
    Hacre/Solitus/Keeper/220/29/70 - Ninpopotamus/Solitus/NT/220/30/70 - Charmming/Opifex/Crat/220/30/70
    in the end soldier is not Op or even near from that never was never will be just for the record only keepers are the ones before soldiers on the nerfest list
    Genius at work.

I'm saying we didn't get any improved weapons in PvP Onehander/pistol combo sucks. You need something that packs a bigger punch.

As for crats vs. docs. We can debuff inits by a good 1600. We also have stuns. That rpetty much makes us a pest for professions that can't alpha us and rely entirely on nano-casted healing for defense; e.g. docs and agents. Docs could kill me pretty fast if they had time to cast the dots over and over, seeing as I can remove them a few times before they actually do any real damage. Docs with pistols are a bit of a joke therefor, to pretty much anyone who bothered getting DoT removal tools or can outheal DoTs, I'd say

Yeah, we do have higher AR with pistols. Seeing as we can't use them in PvP, it's not exactly useful though

Quote Originally Posted by Hacre View Post
    The way you say this suggests you think that support classes can cap AS recharge on 1.5/1.5 weapons without making massive sacrifices, such as ditching symbs which provide our primary nanoskills, which we need serious buttloads of to do our thang. We don't get capped AS recharge for free ;p

I don't think that fixers' FA recharge is relevant here, given that fixers' alpha includes every ranged special, on a class which tends to have enough AR to expect said alpha to hurt like hell. They also do not need to make sacrifices, as far as I'm aware, to support FA.

Well, I'm sure there's some weirdo out there with NR8 using ofab back for the Fa bonus
    <Lazy> who knew ao f*rum denizens were such homophobes?

Lordstage Free to do anything
    Byracka iddqd
    Battlespork Eats what he kills
    Bloodforbaal Utter bastard
    Pinealgland Too weird to live, and too rare to die
    Dagenham Radioactive courier
    Fascinated Elderly nature enthusiast

hmm..wonder how many lett
    Isnt it better as a support prof to land nanos etc, but to have 3 secs slower AS? Sure would sound like it to me.. If you meet a sol and keep him stunned for 10 sec extra(letting u get that extra AS before he can alpha you) instead of just spammin AS and 'hoping' instead of knowing that he will get stunned/debuffed/rooted wtvr by your nanos?

How exactly are nanoskills going to let me stun a soldier for 10 seconds? Stop being clueless. Don't post if you don't know the first thing bout the topic.

The setup posted by Ragetra is retarded and not achievable.
    just short and simple. why? especially why not achievable?

/edit orbthrowers 4 every1!!
    Last edited by Ragetra; Oct 16th, 2007 at 15:16:49.
    AoC vs WoW

Playing trader with this

Traders asking for love is like fixers asking for a better meep nano

Quote Originally Posted by Ragetra View Post

/edit orbthrowers 4 every1!!
    Probably because he can't get 250+ towers.
    Member of Spartans
    Genius at work.

Just short and simple. Because every 220 crat has lol'd at you so far. Roll a crat and set him him up, then post. Don't randomly go around clicking stuff on auno and saying it's a realistic setup.

I'm not sure if you've noticed yet Ragetra, but you're slowly pushing Randomletter his throne. You're making a complete arse of yourself by posting about things you haven't the first clue about. You probably don't even have a crat to begin with, much less a 220 PvP crat. Yet you constantly claim to know better when an entire community of PvP crats are saying otherwise.

What's even more hilarious you're doing it on the engi forums too. You're one of those rare people that will cling to an arguemnt, even though all the people who actually play said prof don't agree with you. What's worse, there isn't any cautionary in your signature saying 'I'm clueless', and people will actually start to think crats have over 3.5K AR and over 3.6K passive defenses, even though there isn't a single crat ingame who has those stats.
    Last edited by crattey; Oct 16th, 2007 at 15:39:05.

Just short and simple. Because every 220 crat has lol'd at you so far. Roll a crat and set him him up, then post. Don't randomly go around clicking stuff on auno and saying it's a realistic setup.

I'm not sure if you've noticed yet Ragetra, but you're slowly pushing Randomletter his throne. You're making a complete arse of yourself by posting about things you haven't the first clue about. You probably don't even have a crat to begin with, much less a 220 PvP crat. Yet you constantly claim to know better when an entire community of PvP crats are saying otherwise.

What's even more hilarious you're doing it on the engi forums too. You're one of those rare people that will cling to an arguemnt, even though all the people who actually play said prof don't agree with you. What's worse, there isn't any cautionary in your signature saying 'I'm clueless', and people will actually start to think crats have over 3.5K AR and over 3.6K passive defenses, even though there isn't a single crat ingame who has those stats.
    that's again no reason why it's not achievable. maybe cause there isn't anyone? every single symb and every single item can be achieved. and since the last ability love, it's easier like a walk in the park (oh i know, fresh air is very difficult for some persons ^_°)
    the reason "cause crattey is too lazy for it" isn't a reason. otherwise you can say, there are no keepers with more than 2700 passive AR, cause all keepers are too lazy to get the missing ~400 passive AR. but keepers "allways" have 3k+ passive attackrating, sure.
    AoC vs WoW

Playing trader with this

Quote Originally Posted by IHaveHugeNick View Post
    Yes it needs to be easy capped @ 11 seconds or no one ever will use it. Now please, go hide into empty can of tomato juice, mail yourself to Mexico, and dont forget to write on a package "i'm looking for a clue".

lol...siggy material
    Gunfytr 220/30/70 Soldier Lawdog80 220/30/70 Advy
    Quote Originally Posted by Kintaii View Post
    Because we said so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarrina View Post
    I am unamused. I strongly suggest you don't unamuse me further
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    This nano blocks CH. This is intended.

that's again no reason why it's not achievable. maybe cause there isn't anyone? every single symb and every single item can be achieved. and since the last ability love, it's easier like a walk in the park (oh i know, fresh air is very difficult for some persons ^_°)
    the reason "cause crattey is too lazy for it" isn't a reason. otherwise you can say, there are no keepers with more than 2700 passive AR, cause all keepers are too lazy to get the missing ~400 passive AR. but keepers "allways" have 3k+ passive attackrating, sure.
    There's a difference between achievable and realistic.

Your proposed setup is achievable
    Your proposed setup is not realistic

The argument (well try harder) is not applicable in an evironment where much of the benefits you propose depend not on your own will, but the will of others.

Enjoying RK4

STATUS OF SKY: Not Falling

Gimp is a state of mind, nerfest is a state of being.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyai View Post
    There's a difference between achievable and realistic.

Your proposed setup is achievable
    Your proposed setup is not realistic

The argument (well try harder) is not applicable in an evironment where much of the benefits you propose depend not on your own will, but the will of others.
    it depends for other professions on "others" aswell (i think you mean to get the stuff you need to equipp, like burden, belts, duststuff). and since it is realistic that "all keepers are running around with more than 3,1k AR" (would be setups like this, depending on how much defense the keeper wants, but there aren't many items possible to sweap to offence) it is realistic to say that crats have passive defenses around 3,5k

oh, btw, is this also not realistic?
    AoC vs WoW

Playing trader with this

In case you hadn't noticed, we stopped taking you serious a long time ago. You lost all credibitlity regarding PvP when went and pulled a Randomletter by stating the best tactics versus engis is to kill their pets first.

Let's keep it that RK3 is even worse at PvP than RK1

Can't you guys make some MPs vs Crats thread or something? stop pooping all over this one
    New Engine - Announced: June 2007 ETA: Soon™ I'm speechless (June 2015)
    Rebalancing - Announced: January 2009 ETA: December 21, 2012 Started! (April 2015)
    New TL7 Pets - Announced: March 2009 ETA: Uh...
    AS Changes - Announced: July 2009 ETA: TBA
    Parry/Riposte - Announced: October 2009 ETA: ??? Did it! (April 2015)
    Perk Changes - Announced: October 2009 ETA: Right after server merge Started! (April 2015)
    Breed Change - Announced: November 2009 ETA: Hell freezing They did it!!! (Oct 2012)
    Beta Server - Announced: January 2010 ETA: Pigs Flying Did it! (Feb 2014)

In case you hadn't noticed, we stopped taking you serious a long time ago. You lost all credibitlity regarding PvP when went and pulled a Randomletter by stating the best tactics versus engis is to kill their pets first.

Let's keep it that RK3 is even worse at PvP than RK1
    and again no reason. could you please stop beat about the bush and answer the question? or do you just don't have any reason?
    sure it's totally useful to keep on doting an engi with cocoon/hot while about every second nano you cast is a heal, and not just kill the dog ^_° totally useless tactic, yes

befor it derails...just answer the question please, what is unachievable?

i nearly forgot: orbthrowers for everyone! (thx vigoron )
    AoC vs WoW

Playing trader with this

Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast