Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: We need apartment improvements

If it is too difficult making proper chairs and tables that you can sit on how about making some japanese style mats for sitting/sleeping on?

It wouldn't be perfect but still much better than today, where it just looks plain silly with all your friends sitting on the bare floor.

The light needs to be fixed too like it was pointed out. We _know_ that the game engine can handle lamp so why not dim the general light somewhat and let us use the lamps for something.

-Neph

PS. Did anyone else notice that the shopkeeper in Pine Tree Hut is the only one on the whole of RK that has a real bed?

poor silk

No more bashing on this thread, okie? Unless it's bashing certain people that won't give us couches and houses and such...

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.... BUMP!

Thumbs up bump

What's going on? how does this get so far down?

Housing revisited

If anyone's interested, check out my housing idea. Its not improvements on the existing apartments, but more like what I'd like to see them become.

http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...=27998#newpost

8th post down.

I appreciate any constructive criticism.

-Dez

Personally, I would like to see, in addition to apartment changes, purchasable Leet homes, in the ground
    ~~~~~
    Katelin "Missmaul" Locknane -Sloooowly climbing her way out of the dank pits of gimpness. But stil crazy. Ya know...just in case you cared.

The mission areas look terrific. I sure wish my apartment looked as nice.

My apartment looks too bright, stark and sterile. Simply dimming the lights and having darker colored walls would be an improvement to make it look more cozy.

~bump~

We need our living conditions improved--it would make the game more fun! I loved finding items to put into my apartment but was very disappointed that we are limited to 10 items and there aren't many items out there.

It would be nice to be able to make a trade shop within our apartments too--having shelves to put book and supplies in maybe. Closets would be a dream for we shoppers who love having tons of clothes to wear.
    Kamekazi Level 48 Fixer
    Blueberri Level 73 Enforcer
    Neffy Level 35 Adventurer
    Rhythm Level 10 Doc

Mmm....I want my fireplace, a nice big bay window to look out over the giant buildings, a bathroom, a closet, an actual bed, and a sofa. Ohh, and I want a shelf to display my lava-lamp collection. Ooooh, and in addition to that I wanna nice big wardrobe that I can place my clothes in!
    ~~~~~
    Katelin "Missmaul" Locknane -Sloooowly climbing her way out of the dank pits of gimpness. But stil crazy. Ya know...just in case you cared.

Floor coverings would be nice - oriental rugs, floor mats, sabretooth tiger pelts.

Wink not a roleplayer

I'm not even a roleplayer, but I'm not a power leveler, either. Even so, I'm still baffled at the 10-item limit in the apartment.

If the limit is 10-items, why is the apartment made so big? I would love to hang up a few more paintings to hide the bright white walls that blind me when I enter the room. I'd love to put a little trash bin next to my refridgerator, and still have room to stick a plant over by my stereo.

Alas, I'm starting to believe that these boards are only read by the players.
    Cyrus "d'Artagnan" Bacarella
    Solitus Fixer for the Omni-Tek Corporation
    President of Draco Legionis
    Draco is Family, Legions Unite!

"The darkness must go down the river of nights dreaming...
    Flow morphia slow, let the sun and light come streaming...
    Into my life."

Back in the day, there wasn't a problem with only 10 items. It was nearly unlimited. Problem was database bloat. FC keeps a copy of everything you have in your apt, and when many, many people have a good 30+ items in there, it tends to increase the database by a rather HUGE amount. So the limited us to 10 items.

A easy fix (but one that's easily exploited) is storing the apt locally on people's machines... then load it into the servers whenever people go into it... but that's what encryption is for, is it not?

I'd like to be able to add wall textures. That garish white tiling in that harsh light doesn't make my apartment a very liveable place.

Also, it seems that it is impossible to rotate furniture items. I have a chest of drawers in my apartment, but it's on the ceiling because that's the only way I could see the drawers in it - it seems to want only to face down . . .

It also annoys me that you can't put one thing on top of another. I have a nice cactus that I want to put on top of the minifridge in my bedroom, but the best I seem to be able to do is to make that cactus stick horizontally out of the wall above the fridge.

This ain't good for roleplaying.
    Revjones
    RK2 'crat & Squad Commander of AWOL

I agree

Well, I agree with a lot of this stuff. I posted my ideas (at least what I could think of for now) before I read any others. But some of these ideas overlap with mine. So, if you like, read my thread )

http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...threadid=30237

And another thing this is good for...Bump )

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12