Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Atrox nano technician

Well for pvp i'd say Nano is definitely the best breed you can have, but i'm a nanomage fan.
    As Goat said, we get a pretty absorb from endurance booster, very useful, even while stunned. Saved my ass countless times.
    Now people might yell, scream, and do /wrists about the "uber soli perks", but together with hp/nanopool ratio under nbg for nanomages and the fact that they have no problem pulling as much evades as a soli (in ya face), which are still a viable defence, especially if you combine them with blind and/or dazzle with lights (seriously, who doesn't do that?), AND the fact nanomages have less hp in general than soli, nanomages tend to be THE best for a pvp NT.
    That was a very long sentence O.o

That was for pvp

For pvm, i think trox actually might be best choice :/ (you're still ugly)
    Even tho i know pvm NTs claiming to pull over 15k hp as nanomages, with trox it would be even calmer walk in a park.
    As mentioned before, no lvl-locked nano has reqs impossible to be reached by a trox.
    Granted, you'll have to wait longer for SL roots and calms, and NR debuffs, but that's not very relevant, is it?
    Avada "Nukealeet" Kedavra
    220 NT. Nanomage fan!
    Proud Board Member of Black Bands

PvP Setup | PvM Setup | Picture | Drawing
    Alts: Medical "Antibioleet" Drama (220 Nano Pistol Doc), Idontcast "Sirhumphrey" CI (215 Soli Bow Crat), Cruciatus "Pewpewaleet" Curse (157 Soli Assrifle Solja)
    Twinks, more or less: Voodoo "Babynukey" Nub (170 Nano NT), Illegal "Loethleet" Animagus (161 Soli Melee Adv), Blastended "Umbraleet" Skrewt (150 Nano Trader)

Insert lots of "first" and "only" here.

---------------------
    People don't quit playing because they grow old. They grow old because they quit playing.
    ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes (1809-1894)

Quote Originally Posted by Nukealeet View Post
    As Goat said, we get a pretty absorb from endurance booster, very useful, even while stunned. Saved my ass countless times.
    Half cacoon with longer recharge. Will help against smaller perks, homever pretty useless against bigger specials (that everybody tends to have).

And having Tacky Hack can save you alot of time from being stunned/alphaed in first place

but together with hp/nanopool ratio under nbg for nanomages and the fact that they have no problem pulling as much evades as a soli (in ya face), which are still a viable defence, especially if you combine them with blind and/or dazzle with lights (seriously, who doesn't do that?),
    I wouldnt do that To go with evades setup, you have to sucrifice:

1 Officer/ofab armor for scout one- alot of max nano and some nanodmg lost.

2 Nano arul for goo bracer- again alot of nano.

3 Defence Research Attunement Device instead of nanoskill one- 75 attack rating lost, which you will defenetly miss with everybody going for NR.

4 Gimini gyro instead of the prof nanodeck for new nanos or something better.

5 Notumech instead of exter shroud- max nano/NR/nanodmg lost.

+the fact that the differense between absorb rates aint that big to compensate for soli perks

AND the fact nanomages have less hp in general than soli, nanomages tend to be THE best for a pvp NT.
    Not an issue sinse nobody raises body dev anyway so breeds will end up with pretty much same hp.
    Build a fire to somebody and you provide him with a heat and a light for a night. Put somebody on fire and you provide him with a heat and a light for the rest of his life.

Quote Originally Posted by Seventh View Post
    Half cacoon with longer recharge. Will help against smaller perks, homever pretty useless against bigger specials (that everybody tends to have).
    I dunno, that's one AS for me, pretty neat

I wouldnt do that To go with evades setup, you have to sucrifice:

1 Officer/ofab armor for scout one- alot of max nano and some nanodmg lost.
    Yea, i can see why solituses would need the extra nano, but HA! Nanomage! no need for that.
    Nanodmg isn't that important in pvp anyway, only prof we don't cap nukes on are enforcers.
    2 Nano arul for goo bracer- again alot of nano.
    easy to hotswap, for one, and apart from that, nanomages have no real need for even more nano than they already have.
    3 Defence Research Attunement Device instead of nanoskill one- 75 attack rating lost, which you will defenetly miss with everybody going for NR.
    Well, scouts compensates for the device.
    4 Gimini gyro instead of the prof nanodeck for new nanos or something better.

5 Notumech instead of exter shroud- max nano/NR/nanodmg lost.
    Wrong, in case of gyro vs nanodeck. you can easily kick away nanoinit items and still have insanely high nanoinit.
    stfu about shroud, plx? reached magical 3k kills on scourges already without luck. rub it in, why don't ya. </3
    Plus if you really want NR, you wanna go for shroud of darkest night.
    Look up to see point bout nanodmg.

+the fact that the differense between absorb rates aint that big to compensate for soli perks
    It totally suffices for me.

Ok, maybe i am a walking fossil and my setup should be put in the museum, or so you think, but ask around to find out i have many successes with it ^^

conclusion - still viable.
    220 NT. Nanomage fan!

Alts: Medical "Antibioleet" Drama (220 Nano Pistol Doc), Idontcast "Sirhumphrey" CI (215 Soli Bow Crat), Cruciatus "Pewpewaleet" Curse (157 Soli Assrifle Solja)
    Twinks, more or less: Voodoo "Babynukey" Nub (170 Nano NT), Illegal "Loethleet" Animagus (161 Soli Melee Adv), Blastended "Umbraleet" Skrewt (150 Nano Trader)

---------------------
    People don't quit playing because they grow old. They grow old because they quit playing.

I dunno, that's one AS for me, pretty neat
    Use Tacky Hack and save yourself the SnD/fast/brawl ets alpha during stun- those tend to hurt alot more then single AS

Yea, i can see why solituses would need the extra nano, but HA! Nanomage! no need for that.
    Nanodmg isn't that important in pvp anyway, only prof we don't cap nukes on are enforcers.
    There is no such thing as too much nano When being stunned and alphaed by enfo with like 20 DD perks, or having 2 solds/agents uploading all their perks/specials into you, im pretty sure you will find out why

And when did your Triple did 3x6 k hits in pvp (pvp doc with 20 k hp, or sold with good setup, or keeper, 3x30% hits)- when it will you might actually have enough +dmg.

easy to hotswap, for one, and apart from that, nanomages have no real need for even more nano than they already have.
    Sure you need more nano- see up And if you hotswap while under alpha, its not like that extra nano is gonna magicly appear out of nowhere

Well, scouts compensates for the device.
    Considering that officers gives same +nanoskills as scout, no it doesnt.

Wrong, in case of gyro vs nanodeck. you can easily kick away nanoinit items and still have insanely high nanoinit.
    As nt 5 of your hud/util spots are taken with +nanoskill items (5th being nanoresearch 3 for +75 nanoskills ), i can think of alot better stuff to put into your only free one then gimini gyro

And prof nanodeck being good exemple, if you want to recast layer (for regular hits/small perks) without having to swap items every time you do.

stfu about shroud, plx? reached magical 3k kills on scourges already without luck. rub it in, why don't ya. </3
    /hugs shroud which i got on like 20 kills

Of couse from other hand i had to invent a totally new way for nt to solo to actually manage too, sinse we couldnt solo s..t before i developed that tree/rock method

Plus if you really want NR, you wanna go for shroud of darkest night.
    Exter shroud is for max nano/nanodmg/NR/nanoinit, unlike darkest night with only NR

+if you skip evades you can use Temple Tubes on head for NR with almost no nanoskills lost (top ql gives +25 all nanoskills/NR), sinse you only loose some nano compared to officers, while if you do go for evades you have to use every possible evades item to make them effective.

Look up to see point bout nanodmg.
    Yep look up for it

Ok, maybe i am a walking fossil and my setup should be put in the museum, or so you think, but ask around to find out i have many successes with it ^^

conclusion - still viable.
    If ma are complaining about how their evades arent enough to evade people anymore, then i would suspect nt evades should be even less useful

Or in other words museum it is

Even before LE when i pvped after we got shield, i stopped using evades sinse they werent working anymore, and having them requered sucrificing other stuff.

Having all the nano you can get and knowing that if you do raise the shield in time you can ignore that alpha is just better then having to rely on dark blue evades to save your ass- we did relied on them when we didnt had anything exept evades, luckily we did got nanoabsorbs sinse then. You are nt, your job isnt being ma, its nuking ma then watching him run to post "nerf nt" tread
    Build a fire to somebody and you provide him with a heat and a light for a night. Put somebody on fire and you provide him with a heat and a light for the rest of his life.

+if you skip evades you can use Temple Tubes on head for NR with almost no nanoskills lost (top ql gives +25 all nanoskills/NR),
    Stop posting my secrets!

Temple tubes also have no ugly mesh to them , though 17.8 is gonna clear that problem up anyway.
    Want triples nerfed? Here is what you can do (Don't be so retarded to apply this to todays game)

Server 1sts: Only NT, and probably non-doc to solo LOTV.
    First LB member to recieve org forum and guest chat ban on departure <3

[Neophyte soldier]: I can see your nukes ignore AMS, keep doing it noob, I'm petitioning as we speak!

WTB 2 Fixes for grafts
    PVP roots for all rooting classes

Currently forced to enjoy RK4 (broken PC), I'll be back soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Nanofox1 View Post
    Stop posting my secrets!
    Hehe. Still got +25 ones on my nt actually, that i bought nicely enough for like 1 mil for my new pvp setup before i got bored and quit.

No ofdfence, 7nt, but you haven't been online for what, a year?
    MAs are whiny bishes, just like fixers. blind + dazzle with lights = unperkable me.
    If you think this is incorrect i wonder why so many NTs as me for advice? hmmm...

As for nano, it doesn't matter really. It's only useful till NBG is running. once is gone, it doesn;'t matter if you havev 30k nano, it'll be gone in a sec. i NEVER had anyone emptying my nanopool whiler under NBG, so i think that is good enough. and extra evades help with that.

as for nanoskills, only people with NR5 or higher can stop being afraid

BTW, Wilbe tells me to stop caring bout your taunts as you are a (insert a long line of insults here), or so he says.
    So you go boast about your offline self while i remain active and happy bout my evadey self.
    220 NT. Nanomage fan!

---------------------

No ofdfence, 7nt, but you haven't been online for what, a year?
    Probably somewhat less but yep for pretty long.

MAs are whiny bishes, just like fixers. blind + dazzle with lights = unperkable me.
    If you think this is incorrect i wonder why so many NTs as me for advice? hmmm...
    Blind+DwL is -550 add off. With combat profs being able to get 3200 sh AR without MR (look at sold or enf forums as exemple), it means 2650 sh def on your side needed after debuffs to resist perks. Wanna tell me you got that on your nt?

And lets not talk about who get asked for advices about nt, considering that i was the one that developed things like nt soloing method, using low hp setup with NBG, ets

As for nano, it doesn't matter really. It's only useful till NBG is running. once is gone, it doesn;'t matter if you havev 30k nano, it'll be gone in a sec. i NEVER had anyone emptying my nanopool whiler under NBG, so i think that is good enough. and extra evades help with that.
    You never had more then one person attacking you with shield up?

as for nanoskills, only people with NR5 or higher can stop being afraid
    Enf with NR2 (still can cast all their RK nanos, which are the ones that matter the most for pvp) will have 1900 (base with hhab)+800 (rage)+800 (rage proc)+800 (NR2)=4300 NR. Planning to land that root or nem nano? Or DwL which is affected by rounda 800 add def that good enf will have?

And lets not forget that you dont exectly always have time to debuff NR, alot of time you need that Triple landing first time you cast it, perks being affected by add def which alot of people got plenty of, ets.

BTW, Wilbe tells me to stop caring bout your taunts as you are a (insert a long line of insults here), or so he says.
    Tell him to shut it and go watch that video of girl eating her eye which i linked on org forums telling its the new AoC guide.

So you go boast about your offline self while i remain active and happy bout my evadey self.
    Dont make me log on move my little enf to DI lvl it train NR2 and see what i can do to nt

Also see my suggestion to see something that nm are good for

Welcome back 7nt, always godo to see your dribble on the forums, backed up with the usual barrage of insults to enhance your pov.

One thing that id like to point out.

Nuke actually pvp's ingame.

7nt doesnt actually pvp in game and only does forum_idealistic_scenario pvp :P

For mind, i would take Nukes advice over yours, seeing it's based on actual INGAME events
    Posted by Seventh: Has something to do with the fact that RL speaking im 172 sm high and weight 96 kg, all of which come in muscle form (and guessing your reaction about forum pvp, yes i can log into webcam )

Said the pixels lol..

Quote Originally Posted by Esqi View Post
    Welcome back 7nt, always godo to see your dribble on the forums, backed up with the usual barrage of insults to enhance your pov.
    Pfft actually im alot nicer then i used to be way back.

One thing that id like to point out.

Nuke actually pvp's ingame.

7nt doesnt actually pvp in game and only does forum_idealistic_scenario pvp :P
    Worked out fine when i was playing, when i would take that "forum pvp" experience and implement it ingame. Like i said can check what nt surrently use ingame, and see what portion if that its something that i developed.

(Edit: Ohh and btw i was the one that suggested the improved Candycane like nuke line doing multiple instant hits in single nuke to bypass nt not being able to use specials with deck problem. Guess i should also has asked back then for adding "special sold love" in nukes description- just for you Esqi sinse you liked it so much when you first heared about.)

And for that matter search nt forum- i was the one that came up with the evades tank nt setup with blinds/DwL (this being exemple, feel free to search the others) in first place. Homever, it was back when we didnt had anything better, so its time to change.

For mind, i would take Nukes advice over yours, seeing it's based on actual INGAME events
    Hey Esqi didnt you quit already? If you do what do you need advices for? And werent you too busy whining about another nano nt enf or some other prof got to actually have time to follow those advices?
    Last edited by Seventh; Jan 10th, 2008 at 10:10:46.

I forum pvp nowdays, also when i was playing my sold "ingame", i killed more nt's than got killed by

Also i believe you left out a part of the toolset im sure you would have used, /afk feature
    Posted by Seventh: Has something to do with the fact that RL speaking im 172 sm high and weight 96 kg, all of which come in muscle form (and guessing your reaction about forum pvp, yes i can log into webcam )

Said the pixels lol..

I tried evades post LE, waste of time back then, no more standing toe to toe with classes, but things have changed last couple of patches, possibly get to perk preventage, still no toe to toe back though.

Set-up was something like this http://auno.org/ao/equip.php?saveid=86176

Terrible use of guard, nanoskills not great, NR was ok since I tried to keep it high and keep dodge maxed at once, and there are some nice items that help both. Could always pass up NR stuff for scouts and get more nanoskills, though evades take a drop a little. Inits took a beating with loss of OFAB boots, needed swap back to init in cyberdeck which was previously able to ditch for damage.

Anyway, I have a point here somewhere.

The math on the evades, Soli have something like 1134 with just base abilities and dodge maxed I think, according to some skill emulator I'm using.

Throw in the 731 dodge in that set-up, the 400 AAD, and lets add 200 extra base stats for trickle from equip or whatever, comes to 2315 defence. +160 from improved DM, though Gyro or bio def shield prolly being dropped so only +130.

Thats 2445.

Throw on top that the new DB def NCU and research HUD3 (wasn't about when I was last evades so not in set-up) makes +75 AAD more and 125 extra evades, coming up to 2645 def rating total.

Add 550 from blind and DwL (I know it dont add but to show math easier) makes 3195 def rating. For 15s out of every 35.

Throw in high symbs and a little more. I guess at times they can work, for dodge checking perks anyway. - Melee PVP toons just aren't rootable these days if they have a clue, even enfs get nice 20% direct resistance to roots also from 1 item, on top the huge NR.

I guess in the last patch or two evades have been given a little boost, but its all very situational. Dodge checking perks, Ancient Vision Preservation Unit (or whatever it is) and instantly 50% of blinds not landing, theres goes 250, DwL not up/used already on someone else, there goes 300. Easily into the perkable area.

Still the drawbacks listed above, lacking in NR slightly, nanoskills lacking (can swap nanoskills for NR though - a choice), bad use of guard.

I find a guard/NR set-up works best in most cases myself, with mixed amounts of nanoskills here and there, some dodge if I can add it to something that has max nano/NR/nanoskills, just to not be annoyed by greens.

ARs are still on the rise though.
    Want triples nerfed? Here is what you can do (Don't be so retarded to apply this to todays game)

Server 1sts: Only NT, and probably non-doc to solo LOTV.
    First LB member to recieve org forum and guest chat ban on departure <3

[Neophyte soldier]: I can see your nukes ignore AMS, keep doing it noob, I'm petitioning as we speak!

WTB 2 Fixes for grafts
    PVP roots for all rooting classes

Currently forced to enjoy RK4 (broken PC), I'll be back soon.

I forum pvp nowdays,
    Yes just that you still sucks at it.

also when i was playing my sold "ingame", i killed more nt's than got killed by
    Before or after LE?

And duel without running/kiting with me using Shielding/conceal/LE nukes just to improve your mood? You know, take it like a man part, or well like a little white boy in prison shower if you are sold?

Also i believe you left out a part of the toolset im sure you would have used, /afk feature
    Actually sinse i never had teleport perks on my nt and never used SL beacon in fight i suspect that i wouldnt

Homever there is this special AO feature that i made specially for sold.

Had the acc been active id duel you and u could use le nukes/whatever.

Your undoubtedly very arrogant and that is to your detriment.

Said the pixels lol..

Had the acc been active id duel you and u could use le nukes/whatever.
    Could be fun, though have to say so far i never invisioned you as, how to say it, my GF. Never thought you are into that Esqi. Things you learn about people

Your undoubtedly very arrogant and that is to your detriment.
    Omg im hurt Ok well no not really.

Still need to work on at least Freshman in forum pvp Esqi

on topic though:

Nukea is pretty good on her NT,the fact that i didn't attack her and she didn't attack me has nothing to with the fact we are friends,it was inspired by the fear of each others pvp skills!
    HONEST!

And wb seventh,the NT forums are becoming a nice play to hang out with you around. ^^

PS esqi,YOU'RE ON FOR FORUM PVP!

Sneak attack!
    Quote Originally Posted by Klod View Post
    From one troll to another. Cut the crap, Blackie. Or just roll a MP.
    Quote Originally Posted by Escritores View Post
    And right there this thread turned emo...
    Boori:There is a difference between a "Soldier" and a "Walking Dreadloch-Modified Shark".
    best post ever
    forum mod <3

Root graft.

Said the pixels lol..

Root graft.
    DoF.
    Boori:There is a difference between a "Soldier" and a "Walking Dreadloch-Modified Shark".
    best post ever
    forum mod <3

ec3 swap

Said the pixels lol..

ec3 swap
    <places finger on 3>
    best post ever
    forum mod <3

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast