Thread: Accelerate Decaying Quarks Bug.

Accelerate Decaying Quarks Bug.

Accelerate Decaying Quarks

Currently needs Quark Containment Field running on the target to execute.

The problem with this is that quite often you can perk someone with Quark Containment Field and it says it was exectued sucessfully, and the perk locks like it was executed sucessfully, only you can't cast Accelerate Decaying Quarks on the target.

The cause of it I am sure is root resistance.

This is very annoying so can you change it two 1 of two things please:

1. If the root part of Quark Containment Field won't land due to root resist, have it classed as failing to perk, so we don't have a long duration recharge, instead the shorter failed recharge.

or

2. When we sucessfully execute Quark Containment Field we get Affected by Quark Containment Field in our NCU, have this as the requirement to fire Accelerate Decaying Quarks.
    Want triples nerfed? Here is what you can do (Don't be so retarded to apply this to todays game)

Server 1sts: Only NT, and probably non-doc to solo LOTV.
    First LB member to recieve org forum and guest chat ban on departure <3

[Neophyte soldier]: I can see your nukes ignore AMS, keep doing it noob, I'm petitioning as we speak!

WTB 2 Fixes for grafts
    PVP roots for all rooting classes

Currently forced to enjoy RK4 (broken PC), I'll be back soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Nanofox1 View Post
    Accelerate Decaying Quarks

Currently needs Quark Containment Field running on the target to execute.

The problem with this is that quite often you can perk someone with Quark Containment Field and it says it was exectued sucessfully, and the perk locks like it was executed sucessfully, only you can't cast Accelerate Decaying Quarks on the target.

The cause of it I am sure is root resistance.

This is very annoying so can you change it two 1 of two things please:

1. If the root part of Quark Containment Field won't land due to root resist, have it classed as failing to perk, so we don't have a long duration recharge, instead the shorter failed recharge.

or

2. When we sucessfully execute Quark Containment Field we get Affected by Quark Containment Field in our NCU, have this as the requirement to fire Accelerate Decaying Quarks.
    Agreed. I've just unperked this entire line after seeing how rather pointless that perk root has become. Starfall for all its faults, recharges faster and is more useful.
    Member of Spartans
    Hacre/Solitus/Keeper/220/29/70 - Ninpopotamus/Solitus/NT/220/30/70 - Charmming/Opifex/Crat/220/30/70
    Quote Originally Posted by randomalpha View Post
    in the end soldier is not Op or even near from that never was never will be just for the record only keepers are the ones before soldiers on the nerfest list
    Genius at work.

Could any from FC give some feedback on this please?

"Working as intended" "We'll have a look" etc etc.

If the perk executes sucessfully they should be rooted, if they aren't rooted the perk should count as a failure and recharge quicker...
    Want triples nerfed? Here is what you can do (Don't be so retarded to apply this to todays game)

[Neophyte soldier]: I can see your nukes ignore AMS, keep doing it noob, I'm petitioning as we speak!

WTB 2 Fixes for grafts

Quote Originally Posted by Nanofox1 View Post
    Could any from FC give some feedback on this please?

"Working as intended" "We'll have a look" etc etc.

If the perk executes sucessfully they should be rooted, if they aren't rooted the perk should count as a failure and recharge quicker...
    Best way for this (and fair imo) is that when the perk root is executed, it should put affected by quark containment field in their NCU which is what the Accel Dec Quarks perk should check. Root shouldn't be an issue, if they're rooted, great, if not, you've still passed the def check for the perk to fire, so you should have the option to fire the DD perk if in range.

Or roll the perk check against that person's innate root resist instead of against NR.
    Member of Spartans
    Hacre/Solitus/Keeper/220/29/70 - Ninpopotamus/Solitus/NT/220/30/70 - Charmming/Opifex/Crat/220/30/70
    in the end soldier is not Op or even near from that never was never will be just for the record only keepers are the ones before soldiers on the nerfest list
    Genius at work.

ANY word at all please?

WTB 2 Fixes for grafts

well, it would be such an easy fix...just make QCF check if it lands on the target, execute blablaTEMPnano (not counting as root nano) in the targets ncu, which then executes 2 nanos:
    ->Affected by QCF so that ADQ may land,
    ->and QCFrooteffect which will still be affected by the root resist.

and yes, fc, you may use this idea, i will not hold copyrights on that
    keep smiling
    Najade s, Najengi s, Najngi s, Najmp s, Shadysannz, Toccata, Frobos, Chaodoc, Najcrat, Najtank
    sannz - ENL - NR01-GOLF-11
    a time of changing has begun; the leaves are fallen and undone; inside my spirit starts to run; and all my fears are overcome. - Chiasm, Rewind, 2005

It should simply run Affected by Quark Containment Field on target (if it landed successfuly).

Accelerate Decaying Quarks should then check if Affected by Quark Containment Field is running (no matter if the target removed the root itself).
    Proud member of Shadow Ops
    Renowned jester of the double AS Tigress

MP setup
    Hidden message
    Quote Originally Posted by Klod View Post
    You won.
    Making them feel special since 2008.

I just want any sort of official response.

WTB 2 Fixes for grafts

Any word, ANY, please?

WTB 2 Fixes for grafts

It seems to me this is not an easy fix as the root resistance is calculated on the target and has no communication back to the caster whether or not it was executed. That is to say that the caster is seen as successfully executing the perk, and on the target the perk is countered due to root resistance.

Quote Originally Posted by Righteous View Post
    It seems to me this is not an easy fix as the root resistance is calculated on the target and has no communication back to the caster whether or not it was executed. That is to say that the caster is seen as successfully executing the perk, and on the target the perk is countered due to root resistance.
    All it needs for the 2nd perk, is as well as the root, to cast an "Affected by" nano, like cleave does for transfix. Have the 2nd perk check for that.
    Member of Spartans
    Genius at work.