Thread: Fix parry/riposte

Fix parry/riposte

do it.. or take it out..

this isnt a suggestion its a death-threat

It's working as intended!

eeeek!

*runs from the pointy object wielding crowd*
    Chronicles of the AI Nub: The AI Conspiracy

Proud Sequel to Chronicles of the Hecknoobs: The Nerfbat Anthology, which is the proud sequal to Misson Impossible Four, which have probably been the least noteworthy stories on the planet since Paris Hilton's arrest.

And finally, we're proud to announce that there is NO Tom Cruisery in any story.

They did fixed them already. The way you fix your cat.
    Build a fire to somebody and you provide him with a heat and a light for a night. Put somebody on fire and you provide him with a heat and a light for the rest of his life.

I say remove a few more specials, like burst, full auto, or fling. Let the non melee classes feel the same hurt. Lets see how fast its fixed then.

Well, some new thingies (nanoes & perks depending on parry / riposte or some items), requiring parry/ riposte skill to work or 2 be more powerfull.
    And riposte tool is a junk

How exactly did parry/riposte work in the past? I've read the skill descriptions but was wondering how it worked ingame.
    Venderim - 220/22/70 Soldier (RK1)

General of Aethyr Knights.

you had extra chances that you hit your target when the target was hitting you, thus adding extra number of attacks. basically everyone with a HoT on could solo a mob in their range even if they were afk (well not really but you get the point).
    Oltcit - 220/24/69 troxie enf -= Proud General of Deadly Whispers =- RK1
    Roflcopterz - 220/20/60 troxie nubstick wielder

How about you bump one thread on the issue and not all of them.
    Enter the Information Age
    Proc Descriptions

Hunt, and be hunted: The Hunting Grounds | Alien Tower Field :Aliens, that really invade!
    Pet argo management: Servants Protection | Expand the Notum Silo :Make it worthwhile

Rimor
    Tesgri - 220|17|58 (Omni Agent)
    Leara - 220|25|62 (Omni Doctor)
    Ponygirl - 220|25|56 (Omni Bureaucrat)
    Means: "We have done way dumber things than this..."

Quote Originally Posted by Ayria View Post
    How about you bump one thread on the issue and not all of them.
    tried that.
    ignored for years.
    i'm done.

Come on, we still don't know how defense and evades work in game, parry and riposte will just muddy the waters even more. Just remove the damn skills already.

Well technically they were removed, because they made it impossible for melee profs to land anything. But if they're in game they might as well have more uses other than MA attacks and the occasional useless weapon. Same goes for Adventuring.

Would be nice to give keepers (especially but not exclusively) extra "clickable specials" that worked differently than "brawl/fast attack".

One example may be taking parry as a clickable 11s duration 20s recharge AAD/AAO buff that scales with the MBS.

Riposte could be a clickable capping special attack that is only available eg. activated after a successful "parry" while under the buff duration above.

This is just 1 simple example of how Parry/Riposte could be addressed and fixed as a "Viable alternative to Brawl/Fast Attack".
    Last edited by Xaun; May 8th, 2008 at 03:56:15.

By remove I mean so it's not visible in the skills window and no weapon or item requires it.

Quote Originally Posted by Medicaid View Post
    By remove I mean so it's not visible in the skills window and no weapon or item requires it.
    And then the invested IP would just be reset. Not a bad idea.

edit:
    Quote Originally Posted by Stick View Post
    you had extra chances that you hit your target when the target was hitting you, thus adding extra number of attacks. basically everyone with a HoT on could solo a mob in their range even if they were afk (well not really but you get the point).
    That's riposte. Parry was just an extra melee defense check.

Everquest had the perfect parry/dodge/riposte system, They only worked from the front of the mob, so only the "tank" has to suffer the ill effects of them, while EVERYONE else attacked from behind to avoid the riposte/dodge/parry ill effects.

Also was fun for the special abilities. Another game element entirely.

Make parry/Riposte only work when being attacked from the front and you got some interesting and fun encounters.

Random parry/riposte rolls would be a blast, and make only melee professions able to do it!

Nothing like attacking a mob that can auto riposte for 15 seconds at 10% health!
    Eluisa, 220 Doctor of Dewm!
    Cherries, 220 Shade of Bewbs!
    Lidan 190 Martial Artist of Nano!
    Mefesto, 183 Enforcer of Flab!
    Catti, 163 Crat of Hecknoob!

General of Paradise

bamp! Parry & Riposte being fixed ftw!

Pay off.
    Angevil, proud 220 MA from Rimor.
    Flourishing anew. About twelve GUI/Perk/Armor setups done so far, hopefully that one will outlast the criticism of my perfectionism!

Ars Magna. Histories became artifacts, images of poor effect, memories filled with acts and neglect
    As a vulture of cultures I indeed feed my seeds with much greed, soaked in pleasure I succeed