Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Idea for shadowbreed immunity etc:

Idea for shadowbreed immunity etc:

As we all know, sb's caused much good forum drama and bet we can make some more if we try hard =)

Well, personally, I am bit tired of shouting in vicinity "Omni sb OPOPOPOPOPOPOPOPOP" and blame any loss inside the game on sb's. So here is my fair and constructive suggestion to give an alternative..

The sb repulsor ncu:
    Ncu item that has pretty regular stats, 125+ncu at ql300 and complit reqs edit1* and 60sec equipttime.. There is two special things with this ncu, it prevents you to use your own shadow breed. And the second is you are unaffected by _any_ aoe effect created by any shadowbreed (friendly and hostile aoe effects). You will still shoot into blockers, feel the +crit etc everyone else may have due to sb use...

Presence of the master nano
    This nano will purge any sb effect on any target in a 40m aoe range (including mobs).. no flags needed to land this nano.. Shade's and ma's can execute it and it has a 1hour cooldown...

and last... Omni sb is OP.. =P
    Last edited by Jaroba; Jul 23rd, 2008 at 16:14:10.
    woofwoof!

Not a bad idea but...

why the hell do you want to give this nano to shades?....
    Its MA's toolset and should be separate as it is now.
    You survived...You prevailed....Yet a bird's flight knows no end...
    Reality is a momentary dream but a dream is a reality for an eternity.

Kawaii "Koizumi" Akira - 220/25/70 soon-to-be-Berserk MA (refreshing!)
    Deadalus "Yumeno" Proxy - 220/30/70 Former stunwhore
    One "Namichan" Piece - 220/30/68 Drainwhore
    Aj Ar "Spawara" Triplenab - 220/24/45 Nuke-Welder
    IOmnomnomjoor "Emohatetellz" - 2/0/0 TL5 killer in progress

Quote Originally Posted by Quitter123 View Post
    How about this new nano for enfs, it takes random amount of nanoskills and nano to cast, when landed on random opponent it debuffs random weaponskill by random amount for an unspecified length of time.

Quote Originally Posted by Koizumi View Post
    Not a bad idea but...

why the hell do you want to give this nano to shades?....
    Its MA's toolset and should be separate as it is now.
    My gues is he dosent no any thing about ma's/shades and either 1 wasnt aware the name alredy existed or 2 knew about the nano, was lazy, copy/pasted. debump for changing ma fear line at least not untill after we see how fears work in new pach.

This would be so exploitable... in the sense, that Shadowbreeds have a long recharge.... and the items would be possible to swap in and out...

So why not just swap this NCU item in when your shadowbreed is locked, then swap it out when your Shadowbreed is available again....

No Thanks...
    Proudly Serving Omni-Tek since Beta 4, June 2001

Pelican 220 / 18 Opifex Bureaucrat
    Eleetthief 220 / 18 Opifex Fixer
    Pelf 202 / 5 Solitus Trader
    Eleetist 112 / 0 Solitus Adventurer

Proud Member of The Renaissance

Quote Originally Posted by Vgman01 View Post
    My gues is he dosent no any thing about ma's/shades and either 1 wasnt aware the name alredy existed or 2 knew about the nano, was lazy, copy/pasted. debump for changing ma fear line at least not untill after we see how fears work in new pach.
    I know lil bit about ma's .. maybe we could rename it mkII =)
    woofwoof!

Quote Originally Posted by El33tist View Post
    So why not just swap this NCU item in when your shadowbreed is locked, then swap it out when your Shadowbreed is available again....
    Sure, but if you can wait 60sec swapping for sb, then go for it =) ... Ahh I think i forgot to mention this ncu should have a decent equipt time.. 1min or something like that.
    woofwoof!

Quote Originally Posted by Jaroba View Post
    Sure, but if you can wait 60sec swapping for sb, then go for it =) ... Ahh I think i forgot to mention this ncu should have a decent equipt time.. 1min or something like that.
    1 minute would have little impact given the extremely lengthy shadowbreed lock and the fact that tower wars can last for hours...

Not to mention that there currently isn't much mechanism in game for blocking friendly buffs... and unless friendly buffs were also blocked this would be a completely one sided change.

Quote Originally Posted by El33tist View Post
    1 minute would have little impact given the extremely lengthy shadowbreed lock and the fact that tower wars can last for hours...

Not to mention that there currently isn't much mechanism in game for blocking friendly buffs... and unless friendly buffs were also blocked this would be a completely one sided change.
    Ahh, you mean it is unfair you can wear this ncu, and only when _your own_ sb is up you take it off to pop it? I cant see the problem with that.. what is the problem for an omni? if you see a clan pop sb.. pop your own if you wish...

I think the sb game will be more interesting this way. =)
    woofwoof!

Funny thread. FC should make special comedy forum for such stuff.
    Proud member of Shadow Ops
    Renowned jester of the double AS Tigress

MP setup
    Hidden message
    Quote Originally Posted by Klod View Post
    You won.
    Making them feel special since 2008.

Funny thread. FC should make special comedy forum for such stuff.
    You are just afraid of fair competition. The post where you went emo for the new battle virus scanners were hilarious though
    woofwoof!

Quote Originally Posted by Jaroba View Post
    You are just afraid of fair competition. The post where you went emo for the new battle virus scanners were hilarious though
    If I realy went emo as you imply, I would have made 10 threads about it. However, I did no such thing.

MP setup
    Hidden message
    You won.

If said "anti-SB" mechanics will require you to farm it same way as you do for SB - I'd say it's ok.

You want SB - you go to inf and farm Custodians till 3 SB drops. 1st application of which will wipe your anti-SB ability.
    You want SB resistance - you go inf and farm <insert boss mob> till 3 anti-SB drops. 1st application of which will wipe your SB ability.
    Kuznechik, Board member of Disciples of Omni-Tek (and few dozens of alts)
    DoOT is recruiting
    -------
    Well, as a well-known fact - I know nothing (especially about engineers).

Quote Originally Posted by kuznechik View Post
    If said "anti-SB" mechanics will require you to farm it same way as you do for SB - I'd say it's ok.

You want SB - you go to inf and farm Custodians till 3 SB drops. 1st application of which will wipe your anti-SB ability.
    You want SB resistance - you go inf and farm <insert boss mob> till 3 anti-SB drops. 1st application of which will wipe your SB ability.

Not a bad idea

BAMP
    Gunfytr 220/30/70 Soldier Lawdog80 220/30/70 Advy
    Quote Originally Posted by Kintaii View Post
    Because we said so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarrina View Post
    I am unamused. I strongly suggest you don't unamuse me further
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    This nano blocks CH. This is intended.

This sounds better. You get either SB ability or SB immunity and you have to farm all over again if you wanna change it.

MP setup
    Hidden message
    You won.

Your idea gets my vote as well.. at first I thought this topic was kinda silly but this does make it actually work. You can choose either to farm immunity or farm the ability but do not have a default immunity and or the ability to exploit swapping item mechanics to abuse SB abilities..

Quote Originally Posted by Vgman01 View Post
    My gues is he dosent no any thing about ma's
    Thanks for today's drink-through-nose moment

I'd get that stuff anyday, interesting to say the least - being an opi with a 10s rank3 SB might be the reason
    AO's MOTD
    There does seem to be problems with the internet itself.

only idea here that isn't exploitable

Just give both sides the same sb, problem solved. I give fc credit for trying to introduce some kind of strategy with the sb's but it just doesnt work. The imbalance in the number of breeds (total in game and at a particular battle) make it just not work as intended.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast