Thread: Make towers buyable with VPs

Make towers buyable with VPs

The tradeskill ones, particularly, but also the shop-bought ones above ql255. Less PVMing for PVP stuff means more happy PVPers!
    bai2u!
    -::l2pvp!1::-
    Electronite: FFA also destroyed Clan hegemony when it comes to tower wars. Ironically the downfall was started by the most active pvpers. Another ironic thing is that the downfall happened due to pvm conflict. Silirrion: (We have pretty good anti-troll filters by now though) Means: Thong-wearing troxes will always be a part of this game and a point of AO pride. Keldros: Obviously reall trolls don't use conditioner Marlark: If this forum was Swedish in it's language .. id pawn you any day. 220 NT: tl7 is a joke most of the time. 90% of the people are double double dead. some are worth debuffing tho. Mastablasta: you guys are right and I'm wrong. Ebag: No. You alpha me'd due to the stat bug. More Ebag: I don't have any twinks currently, nor do I participate much in mass TL7 PvP (though I do go occasionally, usually just to watch). Questra: an MP in sneak eNSDed me and did about 20k damage in 10-12 seconds

Don't see why not.
    Enter the Information Age
    Proc Descriptions

Hunt, and be hunted: The Hunting Grounds | Alien Tower Field :Aliens, that really invade!
    Pet argo management: Servants Protection | Expand the Notum Silo :Make it worthwhile

Rimor
    Tesgri - 220|17|58 (Omni Agent)
    Leara - 220|25|62 (Omni Doctor)
    Ponygirl - 220|25|56 (Omni Bureaucrat)
    Means: "We have done way dumber things than this..."

You'd like everything spoonfed now, don't ya?
    Last edited by Racatti; Jul 24th, 2008 at 16:13:38.
    Fixer - Solja Lite
    Adv - Forgotten lubchild
    Trader - Nerfed Professional

Laff, everyone can tell this is just an attempt to circumvent griefing!

They could sell some new and upgraded towers.

Also.. make all kinds of towers available in all ql's. Fields below ql 80 are prey much useless. Would be much nice if ppl could get add weap stats from lowbie bases as wel.

sounds like a good idea to me.

Potentially they could even put the QL300 CTs in there.
    Proudly Serving Omni-Tek since Beta 4, June 2001

Pelican 220 / 18 Opifex Bureaucrat
    Eleetthief 220 / 18 Opifex Fixer
    Pelf 202 / 5 Solitus Trader
    Eleetist 112 / 0 Solitus Adventurer

Proud Member of The Renaissance

Quote Originally Posted by Racatti View Post
    You'd like everything spoonfed now, don't ya?
    What, if a 300 turret would cost say, 30k vps, that's not exactly spoonfeeding is it?
    bai2u!
    Electronite: FFA also destroyed Clan hegemony when it comes to tower wars. Ironically the downfall was started by the most active pvpers. Another ironic thing is that the downfall happened due to pvm conflict. Silirrion: (We have pretty good anti-troll filters by now though) Means: Thong-wearing troxes will always be a part of this game and a point of AO pride. Keldros: Obviously reall trolls don't use conditioner Marlark: If this forum was Swedish in it's language .. id pawn you any day. 220 NT: tl7 is a joke most of the time. 90% of the people are double double dead. some are worth debuffing tho. Mastablasta: you guys are right and I'm wrong. Ebag: No. You alpha me'd due to the stat bug. More Ebag: I don't have any twinks currently, nor do I participate much in mass TL7 PvP (though I do go occasionally, usually just to watch). Questra: an MP in sneak eNSDed me and did about 20k damage in 10-12 seconds

With fear of the Earth blowing up I'd have to agree with Chrys, it is hardly spoonfed if you are paying VP, an earned currency, to purchase towers. Is it spoonfed that we can currently buy towers with credits? I hardly think so. The difference is that VP is obtainable via PvP, where as credits are not, and seeing as towers are for PvP it seems apt that they be bought and paid for by efforts made in PvP.
    Enter the Information Age
    Proc Descriptions

Hunt, and be hunted: The Hunting Grounds | Alien Tower Field :Aliens, that really invade!
    Pet argo management: Servants Protection | Expand the Notum Silo :Make it worthwhile

Rimor
    Tesgri - 220|17|58 (Omni Agent)
    Leara - 220|25|62 (Omni Doctor)
    Ponygirl - 220|25|56 (Omni Bureaucrat)
    Means: "We have done way dumber things than this..."

Bump for this and adding to my suggestions thread.. I am sure you won't mind Chrys!

Quote Originally Posted by Ayria View Post
    With fear of the Earth blowing up I'd have to agree with Chrys, it is hardly spoonfed if you are paying VP, an earned currency, to purchase towers.

The other point is that the problem with VPs is there's not enough things to spend them on; especially things that people have to buy continuously, to make an effective mini-economy out of them. I've several orgmates with well over 1m VPs now (I only have about 20k ) but if there were more VP sinks, especially with items that run out (stims was a good start, but not enough and limited in use), then they would actually create a decent cycle for BS to keep pvpers coming back. And towers seem to be the most apt, already existing, PVP item in the game to do this with. Not to mention the problem of lack of 300 CTs in game, and ramifications for PBs...

Don't worry Rac, I'm sure your frandz will enjoy the easy learning towers at tl5 xD

Edit: Ofc not Xaun
    Last edited by Chrys; Jul 25th, 2008 at 04:09:19.
    bai2u!

Also, add new towers with different mods; new VP buyable contracts that do more, etc. to make some incentive for tl7 clans to actually want them ><
    bai2u!

bump for great idea.
    Proudly Serving Omni-Tek since Beta 4, June 2001

Pelican 220 / 18 Opifex Bureaucrat
    Eleetthief 220 / 18 Opifex Fixer
    Pelf 202 / 5 Solitus Trader
    Eleetist 112 / 0 Solitus Adventurer

Proud Member of The Renaissance

It's sound, if it provides QL300 towers to those with the means to plant them at a stiff price. Bought as is, nodrop. Stiff requirements to use them. Stiff enough possibly to even force the IP'ing of Psychology.

The path should not be easy. But it should have always been possible.

Meanwhilst; WTS QL275 towers. Been enough activity to go back into business. :P

I'm not worried about the details, obviously FC gets the final say in how much to charge and whether nodrop etc. if it decides to implement it
    bai2u!

Bamp!
    bai2u!

Yeah, as long as FC does a good job at pricing them at a whole load of VP I like the idea, I also like the idea of some updated and upgraded towers introduced this way.

But make a new Ofab Terminal for it! The nano/devices one is full enough already
    The Fine Arts:
    Mime | Surgery | Zen
    The Traitor

Xirayne: I couldn't care less about who is clueless or what the exact definition "real" pvp is in ao, I want "fun" pvp!

Yap lz

This forum requires that you wait 60 seconds between posts. Please try again in 28 seconds.
    This forum requires that you wait 60 seconds between posts. Please try again in 18 seconds.
    This forum requires that you wait 60 seconds between posts. Please try again in 8 seconds.
    bai2u!

Bump for this, Perhaps even an extension to the number of towers a single player can hold, If the current amount of players continues to decline we will see empty fields in no time flat.

Some sort of Prof Specific tower would be welcomed to imo ^^.