Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Irrk

Irrk

What happened to the IRRK News Wire?
    it suddenly went poof a while ago and i kinda miss it, it was cool to be able to read the headlines of the latest news (even though i'm not a roleplayer myself).
    Can we have it back please? or at least a reason why it aint working.

also, do RK marriages still happen? if yes, how do i go about making one happen?

Greetings

Ellarisa
    Darkellarisa 220/30/70 Engineer equipment pvp // Alien Deaths: 353
    Crazyella 220/30/70 MP equipment // Alien Deaths: 90
    Stabbingella 220/28/67 Shade equipment // Alien Deaths: 45
    Farming alien deaths since 2006!

Quote Originally Posted by Solidstriker View Post
    And Ella said, "Let there be robots," and there were robots. Ella saw that the robots were good, and he separated the light from the dark. Ella called the light "Slayerdroids," and the dark he called "Gladiatorbots." And there was Automations, and there was Warmachines- the second day.

The last thing I really remember was that ummm, the omni-tek leader got shot. Haven't heard much or anything since.

Quote Originally Posted by Rubyzero View Post
    The last thing I really remember was that ummm, the omni-tek leader got shot. Haven't heard much or anything since.
    So clan finally won?

Quote Originally Posted by Wrangeline View Post
    So clan finally won?
    Game over? : /
    blah

Yep.. and what ever happened to the 'role playing' aspect? never hear anything about it (usually that news through the iirk as well). It was interesting to read "Life" on RK and happening (outside the daily grind)
    220 Doc ~ "Dr." Ittledoc As of 1 DEC 07 setup || 218 Trader ~ Ittletrad (TL7 gimpage on Trader profession) parked... TS monkey no reason to go any higher
    220 Enf ~ Ittlejohn (1HB FTW!!!) [E] || 146 Fix ~ Johnittle
    216 NT ~ Nanoblender || 11 Crat "WTB" Spellbot
    ~~~Pheonix Rising is Recruiting~~~
    YMMV; Guaranteed 5 min or 5 miles... whichever comes first

Quote Originally Posted by BIGMANFORCE View Post
    and i umm also think that we should have a special nano that u can only cast on froobs,that turns them into lil monkeys and forces their char to work the APF elavator!

yeah to me it was like reading the headlines of the newspaper (or hearing the news on the radio or something similar). it's nice to read the daily life on RK and story evolvements. Despite the fact that i am not an RP'er i am quite interested in the story surrounding the world of anarchy online.
    "This week's RKMR marriages" was something i always checked out hoping to know a name on there (never happened sadly )
    wtb some response from FC!

so anyone know how an rk marriage works?

Greetings,

Ella

And Ella said, "Let there be robots," and there were robots. Ella saw that the robots were good, and he separated the light from the dark. Ella called the light "Slayerdroids," and the dark he called "Gladiatorbots." And there was Automations, and there was Warmachines- the second day.

Quote Originally Posted by Ellarisa View Post
    so anyone know how an rk marriage works?
    http://ark.funcom.com/Public/ARKsite?page_id=20 maybe?
    Transcendence
    ----
    220 iii "Quilluck" iiiiii :: iii "Quillster" i 165
    074 iii "Tradeursoul" i :: i "Fourthaid" ii 220
    ----

thanks much, quill, gonna check that out

Greetings,

Ella

Marriages still work and are pretty cool actually Just contact ARK, theyll email you, youll set up time agreeable to all your guests, meet up with the registrar do a quick practice and finally the ceremony itself. GZ n GL
    Quote Originally Posted by Venachar View Post
    Yes. I'm a total idiot. Please don't quote that last sentence out of context
    Well Duh lol.

I have chronic dyslexia of the keyboard..

Zen.

Ella's wedding reception will be filled with the remains of noobs who got her killed many times in APF.

I kid
    Solidstriker 220 Soldier- Pewpew Galore | Markerz 220 Engineer- Widowmaker
    Speedyadvy 165 Adventurer- PvP Gimp | Cruellia 164 Bureaucrat - Puppies!
    Nerf 219 Agent - From the Shadows | Swishswash 157 Fixer - Vector Tap
    Northaurora 85 Nano-Technician - Shimmering Light

Bump for Irrk (50% for the fact that i miss Irrk and 50% for the fact that its ella thats OP ^_^)
    Rktim - 220/70/30 Omni Soldier.
    Imdrunknow - 157+/XX/15+ Omni MA
    Quote Originally Posted by IHaveHugeNick View Post
    Messiah has spoken.

oy oy i aint a noob! and i only have so many remains >.>
    most of the times when i got killed at apf it was my own fault (sometimes cause of bad nerfo tank/not enough docs/no nerfo tank).

ty for the info on the wedding stuff. Char and myself will be checking it out. we haven't decided on a date or location yet but we would like it to be during one of GSP's DJ Dynamik's shows.
    Oh by the way, this evening there's a GSP party for her birthday, so everyone make sure to come check it out! (solid, timmeh, i expect to see you there )

so any of you nice FC employees know anything about this and feels like sharing this knowledge?

Greetings,

Ellarisa

Sure, we can read all the editor news like we always could on the forums here. But the in game IRRK newswire that informed us about new articles there as soon as they were published was a nice addition and it added some feeling to the game.

Bump for bringing it back up, even if that means redirecting some minor man-power from inventing new crazy OP'ed items to maintaining the bot/chat system/channel or whatever IRRK newswire actually was.
    Prynxkjui 220 NM MP / Prynjunior 220 Soli Doc

On Rimor there are a couple player driven efforts to just replace the IRRK since it's a broken system that no one seems to want to fix.
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO|||||||||||||||
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT|||||||||||
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO|||||||||||||||||||||Serve Omni-Tek
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT||||||||||||||||||||Join the ROTFLMAO
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO||||||||
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT|||||||||||||||||||||||||
    OTOTOTOTOTOTO TOTOTOTOTOTO||||||||||||||||
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

Quote Originally Posted by Trousers View Post
    On Rimor there are a couple player driven efforts to just replace the IRRK since it's a broken system that no one seems to want to fix.
    I'm not really that much into RPing, that's why I personally don't really like player-driven efforts like that too much. Don't take me wrong, I'm sure you're doing your best, but I prefer ARK (and FC) sources, articles, posts etc because those are in-line with the bigger storyline of AO as compared to player projects that tend to follow their own agenda, plans, wishes and visions. Which is not bad mind you. Just not what the average reader of the storyline is always interested in, especially not if it conflicts with official sources.

Maybe you could offer your help to FC to fix the Newswire, though, as you seem to be pretty knowledgeable and capable of running bots and other stuff.
    Prynxkjui 220 NM MP / Prynjunior 220 Soli Doc

Well don't ARK's write these story elements? I mean, IRRK had all the weddings stuff, and that's a straight up ARK thing. We all like to complain about the lack of ARK's when it comes to petititions and stuff. Perhaps the position for IRRK News-wire is vacant.

Only way to find out is to donate 8 hours a week to the ARK program, I imagine. Everyone I've spoken to about it has quit in exasperation. Guess the grass really isnt greener.

Quote Originally Posted by egadsrk2 View Post
    Well don't ARK's write these story elements? I mean, IRRK had all the weddings stuff, and that's a straight up ARK thing. We all like to complain about the lack of ARK's when it comes to petititions and stuff. Perhaps the position for IRRK News-wire is vacant.

Only way to find out is to donate 8 hours a week to the ARK program, I imagine. Everyone I've spoken to about it has quit in exasperation. Guess the grass really isnt greener.
    I don't believe this is correct. The IRRK has two elements; A Bot to send out Messages In-Game, and the Authors writing Stories.

Stories are still getting posted to Editor News so that means the Authors are still working.

But when these stories get posted to the forums they are not being announced In-Game. This problem was raised to the ARK Events team two years ago. Events Director Devdas had the problem addressed but the system broke again within weeks and it was never re-addressed.

The problem here is with a lack of effort (on presumably funcom) to fix this system the ARK use.
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO|||||||||||||||
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT|||||||||||
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO|||||||||||||||||||||Serve Omni-Tek
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT||||||||||||||||||||Join the ROTFLMAO
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO||||||||
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT|||||||||||||||||||||||||
    OTOTOTOTOTOTO TOTOTOTOTOTO||||||||||||||||
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

yeah,
    the irrk newswire is one of the better features of the game.
    Shame that it's broken every other year.
    Free Souls
    --------------------------
    Rubi-Ka for the neutrals! And xp for tradeskills!
    Rimor Roleplay Channel (/tell Nrpb !join)
    -------------------------
    OUT OF BUSINESS!
    Mummu's Sound Bag v1.19; A custom Voice Pack for Notum Wars now working with 15.7 html chat system!

Bump for the newswire being fixed.. again..

There is a problem with IRRK Newswire's bot which announces things ingame the issues have been raised to Funcom who maintain the bot. Unfortunately the problem was a bit more complicated and has not been ironed out yet. However Community Relations and Events have pressed on and continue to monitor the status of the bot.
    Director Bekrowe
    ARK Community Relations
    Public Forums Moderator
    Advisors of Rubi-Ka

:: Social Guidelines ::
    :: Ark Public Website :: Social Events with ARK :: Rubi-Ka Marriage Registry :: ARK Tours :: Join ARK!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast