Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Friday with Means - December 12th, 2008

Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    2. Reworking of Orbital Strike Mechanics. (More boom and less gloom.)
    Merry Christmas to Everyone! = )

For the booster, it's a shame to hear, but much better to have smooth playing through the holidays than risk incomplete content. Hopefully the pre-order availability will be up before xmas though, for people to pick up preorders for their loved ones : )

Too bad that the release date has been pushed back.
    Was really looking forward playing the booster in my vacation.
    But couldn't agree more with you that content has to be done before release.

One question:
    What exactly do you mean with a rework of the Orbital Strike?
    Last edited by Harios; Dec 12th, 2008 at 19:04:11.
    Harios - [Enforcer] cookies 220/30
    Advass - [Adventurer] nerf 220/21
    Wackios - [Shade] gankzsz 220/16
    Soldios - [Soldier] FA Burst 220/22
    Docios - [Doctor] healsplxz 220/20
    Cratios - [Bureaucrat] tape 220/19
    Proud Board Member of Dark Front Cookies >> Bacon, remember that!

Quote Originally Posted by Technogen View Post

MEANS CAN YOU PLEASE CONFIRM THAT TEST TRANSFER IS OR IS NOT WORKING THANK YOU

Zarto started a thread for the mines already, Please see link below my post.
    Seems to work for me..just did it now. Try it and let me know if it isn't working for you. It is in "paid services" in your account..but it is FREE.
    Colin Cragg
    This "Means" Cake
    Past Game Director (2008-2011)

1. Visual timers on the shortcut bar for Perks and Nanos.(See screenshot at the bottom.) I've wanted this for a very very long time. (all hail Macrosun!)
    Very nice, but could they perhaps be moved to the bottom of the icon? They are a bit obscuring in their present location.
    Trypha - 220/30/70 Engineer - General of Nocturnal Fear
    Trypothecary - 220/30/69 Doctor
    Trypocalypse - 220/30/70 Soldier
    Tryptophy - 220 Crat

"Most people would rather die than think; in fact, they do so." - Bertrand Russell

Is there any word for Sub 200 Content in the upcoming booster? I've yet to see new Syms or Nanos for the people that prefer the lower levels of the game as an end game.

-Nova-
    Main
    Hypernova 220/30/69 PVM Char

Pvp Chars
    Silentnova 114/12 4/4/4/4/4/4/4 4/2/4 Silent Assassin, InfinityNova 155/21 6/6/6/6/6/6/6 3/6/5 Ancient Master

Workers
    Cybornova 60 Totw/CoH Engi in Working

If you choose a path and you know why and for what reason, then all that remains is the long, painful and difficult journey within it if you were dishonest to yourself -Infinitynova-

Quote Originally Posted by Trypha View Post
    Very nice, but could they perhaps be moved to the bottom of the icon? They are a bit obscuring in their present location.
    Yes, definately, way too visual, might as well just make the button blank, cos all you can see is the timer...
    Also, some people don't need this, so I'm hoping there's an option under F10 to switch it on/off!
    A new light shines upon Rubi-Ka,A new channel is opened in the grid feed,
    A new Team dedicated to the distribution of knowledge is formed.
    >>> AO-Universe <<<
    For the People, By the People.

Any hint at all about adding weaponry for the few professions still left out; engis/crats? Considering you're waiting for extra test oppurtunities, perhaps you'll have enough time to at least give some sort of hint of your intentions?

Forum's being flooded (mostly by me, granted) with questions about his. Including your very cryptic and scaring comment about the onehander..

With AS become a greater drain on equipment with each patch since HUD 3 research, basically, we're really sort of hoping these passive nerfs are because you had something in mind that allows us to unequip our pre-SL tl5 weapons and use, well, stuff we have some sort of support for
    Last edited by crattey; Dec 12th, 2008 at 18:15:37.

A quick question: is there a chance that we (MPs/crats) get promised 2 hour pets before the booster pack hits the "shelves"? Via some tiny patch or something.

kthnks
    Proud member of Shadow Ops
    Renowned jester of the double AS Tigress

MP setup
    Hidden message
    Quote Originally Posted by Klod View Post
    You won.
    Making them feel special since 2008.

Thanks for the update. Better to wait for a polished version of the booster.(Will be too busy over Christmas to really check it out anyways)

Quote Originally Posted by lugoman View Post
    Sweet, the delay will give you time to put the 1hb perk fixes into the booster!
    Means are you guys planning on looking at fixes to other profs perk lines too? I believe fixers had some issues, and crats invest 30 perk points for a less than adequate return.

Commanding Presence( 10 points no perk actions)
    Careful in Battle( 10 points, only 1 perk action on a long cooldown 10minutes)
    Dodge the Blame(10 points, poor passive bonuses, 1 good perk action and 2 others on long cooldowns that never land because of attack skill )

Thanks again
    Merry Christmas to you and your staff.

Quote Originally Posted by Harios View Post
    Ones question:
    What exactly do you mean with a rework of the Orbital Strike?
    It means NTs will now not only be able to survive it, they'll have full HP at the end with NBG, spam Kel's, and kill the entire blob. NT Wars to replace Notum Wars!
    Last edited by Chrys; Dec 12th, 2008 at 18:47:28.
    bai2u!
    -::l2pvp!1::-
    Electronite: FFA also destroyed Clan hegemony when it comes to tower wars. Ironically the downfall was started by the most active pvpers. Another ironic thing is that the downfall happened due to pvm conflict. Silirrion: (We have pretty good anti-troll filters by now though) Means: Thong-wearing troxes will always be a part of this game and a point of AO pride. Keldros: Obviously reall trolls don't use conditioner Marlark: If this forum was Swedish in it's language .. id pawn you any day. 220 NT: tl7 is a joke most of the time. 90% of the people are double double dead. some are worth debuffing tho. Mastablasta: you guys are right and I'm wrong. Ebag: No. You alpha me'd due to the stat bug. More Ebag: I don't have any twinks currently, nor do I participate much in mass TL7 PvP (though I do go occasionally, usually just to watch). Questra: an MP in sneak eNSDed me and did about 20k damage in 10-12 seconds

Thanks for the report, glad to see your back to good health.

The perk timers are awesome. Been wanting that for a long time. Maybe the font can be adjusted a little bit to show more of the underlying button.

I'm also happy to hear you'll take your time on the booster. I'm quite fed up with pre-release content being released and it's a welcome change.

Keep it up!
    Deadly Whisper - RK1
    too many alts for to little space

All hail Macrosun for the perk thingy!!!

And best thing I think:

Rubi-Ka-1 is once again the default server for new clients which should stabilize numbers compared to RK2 over the next couple of months.

Thanks for that.
    Quote Originally Posted by egadsrk2 View Post
    Yeah yeah, the forum crowd is about to chime in now and say you did Beast with 3 disabled bananas and a senior citizen.

Quote Originally Posted by Bhande View Post
    All hail Macrosun for the perk thingy!!!

And best thing I think:

Rubi-Ka-1 is once again the default server for new clients which should stabilize numbers compared to RK2 over the next couple of months.

Thanks for that.
    Yes, this was long overdue from what I've heard.

Seems to work for me..just did it now. Try it and let me know if it isn't working for you. It is in "paid services" in your account..but it is FREE.
    Yes it's working, I just wanted YOU to say it so that people stopped going "Test transfer isnt working" every time I tell them to go test the content.
    "A whole new place to run around for ages in then die suddenly without warning."

"I know who coded pet pathing... and when I see him I say "/follow" and I start waling in to walls :P"

The "Trolls" option is incorrect. The term trolls is not used to describe the gathering of information on the Internet.

<@Kintaii> L2P

The delay on the booster was expected considering what's rolled out to test. But thanks for not bull****ting us. I like that

To tide us over some more info on the booster would be nice. Specifically what we could expect in terms of developing our chars. Now don't get me wrong. I like new and more challenging pvm content. But the ultimate goal of most people playing an mmo (roleplayers aside) is to improve your char.

Of course that leaves a game that's run as long as AO with some serious challenges regarding mudflation. Still if all we're getting is faster axp and slightly improved symbs I think a lot of players will opt out of the booster. New "phats" is a major selling point for any expansion after all...

Quote Originally Posted by Arrien View Post
    Merry Christmas to Everyone! = )
    whu?... yaaawn

O SHIZZLE IZ XMAZ!!!

can maybe implement a knockback/fear for shade too?
    take some time now...
    300 symbs been ingame since when?
    300 spirits should have came when?
    fairness of this is how?
    let it sink in.....
    Quote Originally Posted by egadsrk2 View Post
    Sjef often posts very angry shade related threads where all the details just dont quite add up.

Keep up the good job Means! =D
    Rktim - 220/70/30 Omni Soldier.
    Imdrunknow - 157+/XX/15+ Omni MA
    Quote Originally Posted by IHaveHugeNick View Post
    Messiah has spoken.

Q: Will the mines be detectable via perception?

I like the initiative, with drain mines, not just one knockback damage mine.

On the timers: I agree, that the timers should be less intrusive. Great concept though
    So macrosun's next project is a *ding* when we get tells?

Please let the *ding* refer to a file in the sound folder, so we can replace it with our own sound of choice.

Quote Originally Posted by ArienSky View Post
    Q: Will the mines be detectable via perception?

I like the initiative, with drain mines, not just one knockback damage mine.

On the timers: I agree, that the timers should be less intrusive. Great concept though
    So macrosun's next project is a *ding* when we get tells?

Please let the *ding* refer to a file in the sound folder, so we can replace it with our own sound of choice.
    add that ding to BS invite also.
    Dirty Underpants of Bungerman
    Runspeed: - 1989
    Sense: -314
    Intelligence: -50

These befouled undergarments are painfully confining having previously belonged to a detail-oriented individual with much smaller genitals. Walking is difficult...running is impossible. Stains of a dubious nature adorn both the front and back of these "tighty-whities". Noxious fumes make your eyes burn and your nose run while wearing these. One can only imagine what you are doing wearing them.

Q: Are the new nanos final? (I made this one up so I could answer it.)
    lol... do you talk to yourself as well ^.^

Kudos on the perk timer... interesting touch. (will there be a "visible" timer for Grid armor too?)

As a future item, (nothing like uber phats or more "stuff" to collect dust in my bags) is there a way to have either a confirmation or a lock on "equiping" items? On 5 occasions (I know I have don't it more but 5 times specifically on twinked armor/wpns/uitls/hud) I inadvertantly equipped an item (twinking doc pistols isn't overly fun). I know I have seen it in forums a long time before but as the perk timer was such a pleasent item (NOT content related, or PF related... just a game experience addition) I just wanted to throw that out there.
    220 Doc ~ "Dr." Ittledoc As of 1 DEC 07 setup || 218 Trader ~ Ittletrad (TL7 gimpage on Trader profession) parked... TS monkey no reason to go any higher
    220 Enf ~ Ittlejohn (1HB FTW!!!) [E] || 146 Fix ~ Johnittle
    216 NT ~ Nanoblender || 11 Crat "WTB" Spellbot
    ~~~Pheonix Rising is Recruiting~~~
    YMMV; Guaranteed 5 min or 5 miles... whichever comes first

Quote Originally Posted by BIGMANFORCE View Post
    and i umm also think that we should have a special nano that u can only cast on froobs,that turns them into lil monkeys and forces their char to work the APF elavator!

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast