Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Friday With Means - January 16th, 2009

Quote Originally Posted by Hacre View Post
    Uh huh. Does uploading the Clan NM SB also empower the owner with immense psychic ability to be able to pinpoint when Omni plan on using their SB?
    No, but i'd imagine uploading Clan NM SB doesnt remove your brain either, and you can use it very effectively go gain significant tactical advantage in many different situations, for example fireing it before the rush on omni raidforce to prevent being SB rooted, and countless others i wont bother mentioning.

So now that we are the real state of Shadowbreeds, Omni SB root doesnt not have one counter, but 3:

- Clan Solitus SB remover
    - Clan Nanomage SB immunity
    - Clan Atrox SB immunity (self only)

Therefore i think its safe to assume omni SB root not having a lockout is what we call "working as intended."

However, Omni Opifex SB being useless, definitely isnt intended, its good you guys started this discussion so i have an opportunity to bring this problem to Means attention.

Quote Originally Posted by IHaveHugeNick View Post
    No, but i'd imagine uploading Clan NM SB doesnt remove your brain either, and you can use it very effectively go gain significant tactical advantage in many different situations, for example fireing it before the rush on omni raidforce to prevent being SB rooted, and countless others i wont bother mentioning.

So now that we are the real state of Shadowbreeds, Omni SB root doesnt not have one counter, but 3:

- Clan Solitus SB remover
    - Clan Nanomage SB immunity
    - Clan Atrox SB immunity (self only)

Therefore i think its safe to assume omni SB root not having a lockout is what we call "working as intended."

However, Omni Opifex SB being useless, definitely isnt intended, its good you guys started this discussion so i have an opportunity to bring this problem to Means attention.
    Ah, react and/or pre-empt. Do you consider reaction and preemptive action to be easy and a no brainer?
    Member of Spartans
    Hacre/Solitus/Keeper/220/29/70 - Ninpopotamus/Solitus/NT/220/30/70 - Charmming/Opifex/Crat/220/30/70
    Quote Originally Posted by randomalpha View Post
    in the end soldier is not Op or even near from that never was never will be just for the record only keepers are the ones before soldiers on the nerfest list
    Genius at work.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiamin View Post
    [/B]User Modify Run speed 1000
    User Modify Concealment 2000
    User Modify Offense modifier 800
    User Modify Critical chance 15

For 30seconds you have 800 off + 15 crit, clearly not useless.
    Correction: clearly useless compared to every other shadowbreed.

Chance to hit someone, maybe.
    Chance to crit someone, maybe.

God, the awesomeness.

User Modify Perception 2000
    User Modify Projectile damage modifier 800
    User Modify Melee damage modifier 800
    User Modify Energy damage modifier 800
    User Modify Chemical damage modifier 800
    User Modify Radiation damage modifier 800
    User Modify Cold damage modifier 800
    User Modify Fire damage modifier 800
    User Modify Poison damage modifier 800
    User Change Absorb hits 9
    User Change Absorb special attacks 25

Wooh, for 10 seconds I get 800 dmg and a chance to survive. (1k add def as an aoe effect). TEN SECONDS.
    Correction:

Huge boost to offensive power with +800 damage.
    Temporary self immortality for 10 seconds.
    Massive defensive boost for your entire side.

Yes, clearly useless.

As i said, you're not even in the same league with your complaints.

So, two SBs, to deal with one?
    Whaa? I think you want to rethink that post, lol.

Correction: clearly useless compared to every other shadowbreed.

Chance to hit someone, maybe.
    Chance to crit someone, maybe.

God, the awesomeness.
    Chance to hit someone, chance to perk someone, higher chance to crit someone for a full 30seconds.

Yepp, pretty awesome imo.

Correction:

Huge boost to offensive power with +800 damage.
    Temporary self immortality for 10 seconds.
    Massive defensive boost for your entire side.

Yes, clearly useless.

As i said, you're not even in the same league with your complaints.
    +800 dmg to one burst, one fa and one AS in my case for a full 10seconds, fantastic.
    Phew, yeah I actually like that part, too bad it lasts only for a full 10seconds.
    Fantastic 10seconds of 1k add def, that's incredible.

You forgot the Clan NM SB you hailed earlier with giving full immunity to roots and everything!
    Oh wait, it's self only.
    Biggest lie of the century

Quote Originally Posted by Mavritanic View Post
    Make clan PvP zerg-bot is destroy pvp-action in AO.

Tnx!

Whaa? I think you want to rethink that post, lol.
    Why, do you struggle with maths?

Solitus Omni Shadowbreed = 1 item.

Solitus Clan Shadowbreed = 1 item.
    Nanomage Clan Shadowbreed = 1 item.

Last I checked, 1+1 = 2.
    Member of Spartans
    Hacre/Solitus/Keeper/220/29/70 - Ninpopotamus/Solitus/NT/220/30/70 - Charmming/Opifex/Crat/220/30/70
    in the end soldier is not Op or even near from that never was never will be just for the record only keepers are the ones before soldiers on the nerfest list
    Genius at work.

so do like i said...

Omni-soli SB Root
    Clan-soli SB remove root - 30s lock
    Clan-nano sb block omni-soli and omni-trox SB 30s.
    30s later clan soli can remove roots again.
    "A whole new place to run around for ages in then die suddenly without warning."

"I know who coded pet pathing... and when I see him I say "/follow" and I start waling in to walls :P"

The "Trolls" option is incorrect. The term trolls is not used to describe the gathering of information on the Internet.

<@Kintaii> L2P

Chance to hit someone, chance to perk someone, higher chance to crit someone for a full 30seconds.
    Yepp, pretty awesome imo.
    Yeah, 800 add all off will definitely help a lot with perking and hiting all those people that have 1k aad from clan opifex SB running.

Oh, wait.

Crit? In Anarchy Online? In PvP? Really? Remove the 3500 crit resist from every new item introduced pots LE , and then we can talk.

You forgot the Clan NM SB you hailed earlier with giving full immunity to roots and everything!
    Oh wait, it's self only.
    See, so you have a solution, ask for it to be AOE and things are balanced again. There , i fixed the game for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Technogen View Post
    so do like i said...

Omni-soli SB Root
    Clan-soli SB remove root - 30s lock
    Clan-nano sb block omni-soli and omni-trox SB 30s.
    30s later clan soli can remove roots again.
    It looks that claners are only retarded if they didn´t use it and they can only blame about "omni SB". As i said,they wiped us only with aoe root and OS,but now without insta death from OS,they have no chance at rk1 with bunch of trox shades ftl.
    Last edited by Darkirbiska; Jan 21st, 2009 at 17:12:08. Reason: ffs

Last I checked, 1+1 = 2.

Last time i checked you only need one clan SB to counter one omni solitus SB.

The other one you fire why...to counter...could it possibly be...the another omni SB?

1+1=1+1.

Math you can do with calculator, the tricky part is to have the right elements in the equation.
    Last edited by IHaveHugeNick; Jan 21st, 2009 at 17:13:04.

See, so you have a solution, ask for it to be AOE and things are balanced again. There , i fixed the game for you.
    So, you're still arguing that being preemptive and/or reactive in NW, is as easy as being offensive?

If that's the case, why did my NT kill your Fixer at that TL5 site?

Why didn't you react with enough time to use a sit down heal kit?
    Why didn't you react with enough time to meep?
    Why didn't your docs react with enough time to heal you?
    Why didn't you see me coming and run away?

If being reactive/preemptive is just as easy, that is.

Last time i checked you only need one clan SB to counter one omni solitus SB.

The other one you fire why...to counter...could it possibly be...the another omni SB?

1+1=1+1.

If you want to brag with your superior math skills, make sure you have the right elements if the equation.
    The elements in this case, are 2 different SBs required to deal with 1 SB of the same, as well as having the oh so popular Nanomages available.

Especially considering the Omni SB should just have the same lockout as the Clan one (removing the lockout on the Clan SB would be OP due to the AOE heal).
    Last edited by Hacre; Jan 21st, 2009 at 17:14:37.
    Member of Spartans
    Genius at work.

Oh, while we're on the subject of retarded stuff in Notum Wars, what happened to stopping people from getting into an AP in grace?
    Member of Spartans
    Genius at work.

1+1=1+1.

Math you can do with calculator.
    Do you kids nowdays really use calculator for stuff like this?
    Meh I feel old

So, you're still arguing that being preemptive and/or reactive in NW, is as easy as being offensive?
    I've never said that. That's however how the game was designed. Clan Shadowbreeds are largely defensive, Omni are largely offensive.

Defensive parts of Clan Shadowbreeds are extremely excessive , exactly to cover for this difference between offense and defense. So no, i dont see it as a major issue.

I've never said that. That's however how the game was designed. Clan Shadowbreeds are largely defensive, Omni are largely offensive.

Defensive parts of Clan Shadowbreeds are extremely excessive , exactly to cover for this difference between offense and defense. So no, i dont see it as a major issue.
    Well of course you don't see it as an issue, why would you? You have the advantage.

What makes you right and the countless people who left the game over it, or switched sides, wrong?

Also, while that's how the game is designed, it doesn't mean the design isn't flawed. I'd rather -NONE- of the SBs worked on RK or in 25%/5% gas, which would lose us our 15 attack blockers and 1k aad and aoe healing and root removal, than keep being presented with the no brainer tactic of SB1 fire, wait 5-10s SB2 fire then BLAMMO.

Not because of who holds what field, who wins or who loses. But because of how much fun it is. Or more precisely, isn't.

It wouldn't be the first time FC didn't foresee how we, the playerbase, would make use of something they put in the game. Like never envisioning that a majority would own an entire set of AI armour, for example.
    Last edited by Hacre; Jan 21st, 2009 at 17:27:48.
    Member of Spartans
    Genius at work.

Last I checked, 1+1 = 2.
    Last i checked, [0∫1(x-x^2)dx + 1∫2(x^2-x)dx] + [0∫1(x-x^2)dx + 1∫2(x^2-x)dx]=2

Quote Originally Posted by Kaylinne View Post
    Do you kids nowdays really use calculator for stuff like this?
    Meh I feel old
    One funny thing i found out, people who are mature enough, know its not to a good idea to use 'oh my i'm old' argument.

What makes you right and the countless people who left the game over it, or switched sides, wrong?
    I think the right question is, what makes them right?

Because if /emorage quit is all you've got, i think you might be doomed.

I was told there would be no math.
    "A whole new place to run around for ages in then die suddenly without warning."

"I know who coded pet pathing... and when I see him I say "/follow" and I start waling in to walls :P"

The "Trolls" option is incorrect. The term trolls is not used to describe the gathering of information on the Internet.

<@Kintaii> L2P

The elements in this case, are 2 different SBs required to deal with 1 SB of the same.
    Whaa? No.

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast