Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Warning to shades

Warning to shades

When completing area X, be extra carefull to notice the end QL of spirits.
    The XAN Spirit of Essence combined with a Unhapy Spirit of Essence is supposed to turn out as a QL 270 Xan Spirit of Essence - Alpha

In my case this went wrong.
    Xan Spirit of Essence - Alpha
    NODROP
    Quality level: 260
    Requirements:
    Wear:

Must have expansionset: Legacy of the Xan

Level from 205
    Agility from 1106
    Sense from 1106
    Shade

This makes the final combine impossible/useless.
    Its possible to combine Xan Spirit of Essence - Alpha with Xan Spirit of Defense - Alpha, only the other way around.¨
    Making result 260 and thereby useless, compared to the intended 270 result.

(GM conversation)
    [XXXX]: I'm very sorry, but I encourage that you take a break, and rethink the situation at hand. If there isn't anything else I can do for you, I will need to close this ticket so that I can assist other players in need.

To [XXXX]: how can all other shades doing the exact same thing, get one result, then i do the same and get another? what you are currently encourageing is for me to quit due to incompetence

[XXXX]: I would suggest speaking with them again, as you have missed a detail.
    -nope missed nothing.
    Tried petitioning but GM's cant help.

so watch out.
    Last edited by sjefstab; Feb 22nd, 2009 at 00:33:24.
    Quote Originally Posted by egadsrk2 View Post
    Sjef often posts very angry shade related threads where all the details just dont quite add up.

hahahahahahahahahahahaha

that's just gold, pure gold.

Long time since i say FC HATE shades with a passion.

hahahahahahahaahahahahah

GM: sry dude you have a shade LOL

Oh and don't be to butthurt just farm pande to get unhappys again it's easy,, oh wait!?what? ok have fun with month to get MAYBE 1 unhappy spirit back.
    Was worth the 20€ i hope, hey you still have your hoverchair!
    There seems to be problems with the internet itself!

bag o gold to the first to guess my survey response...

"[Survey]: You were recently helped by an ARK or GM, we would appreciate any feedback you might have on our service. Please click here to do the petition survey."
    Sjef often posts very angry shade related threads where all the details just dont quite add up.

Quote Originally Posted by keitelo View Post
    hahahahahahahahahahahaha

that's just gold, pure gold.

Long time since i say FC HATE shades with a passion.

hahahahahahahaahahahahah

GM: sry dude you have a shade LOL

Oh and don't be to butthurt just farm pande to get unhappys again it's easy,, oh wait!?what? ok have fun with month to get MAYBE 1 unhappy spirit back.
    Was worth the 20€ i hope, hey you still have your hoverchair!
    Lol

"[Survey]: You were recently helped by an ARK or GM, we would appreciate any feedback you might have on our service. Please click here to do the petition survey.NB: if you are a shade your response will be autodeleted like anything related close or far to this profession.have a nice day!"

Need a complete quote...

Lol keit, nice one.
    Angevil, proud 220 MA from Rimor.
    Flourishing anew. About twelve GUI/Perk/Armor setups done so far, hopefully that one will outlast the criticism of my perfectionism!

Ars Magna. Histories became artifacts, images of poor effect, memories filled with acts and neglect
    As a vulture of cultures I indeed feed my seeds with much greed, soaked in pleasure I succeed

Quote Originally Posted by keitelo View Post
    "Need a complete quote...
    1. My petition was handled badly, the ARK/GM was rude to me.
    2. My petition was handled badly, the ARK/GM did not understand my problem.
    3. My petition was handled adequately.
    4. I was happy with the handling of my petition.
    5. The person who handled my petition was excellent!
    now make a wild guess

5. The person who handled my petition was excellent! ?

I wonder what detail yu have missed ? + can you get another alpha symb?
    surely if there is a possibly of getting the spirit assembled the wrong way it has to be a bug.
    can you explain a bit more what happened did you combine wrong spirit or did yu assemble A+B instead of B+A?

what you probably don't understand is that they would get alot of "i combined this item and it didn't work! oh wait, wrong item"

also: the comment:
    [XXXX]: I'm very sorry, but I encourage that you take a break, and rethink the situation at hand

suggests that you weren't being nice either, so yeah
    Last edited by Lookingout; Feb 22nd, 2009 at 02:13:09.
    Uh, yeah
    - Twotwenty 220/23 shade
    - Zonality 150/19 MA
    - Height <incoming project>

Is it possible to get another set of Thigh beta's? Its a reward for the quest but when I talk to the quest giver it doesn't have an option for area x. I'm wondering if those that combined already are outa luck if 300's come out

Quote Originally Posted by Lookingout View Post
    what you probably don't understand is that they would get alot of "i combined this item and it didn't work! oh wait, wrong item"

also: the comment:
    [XXXX]: I'm very sorry, but I encourage that you take a break, and rethink the situation at hand

suggests that you weren't being nice either, so yeah
    The fact remains that, however pissed off or rude he was, the GM didn't do **** to help him when the issue is obviously a bug.

If it's not a bug it is a very malicious hidden addition to the game that requires changing immediately (and the programmer responsible smacked upside the head ).
    Enter the Information Age
    Proc Descriptions

Hunt, and be hunted: The Hunting Grounds | Alien Tower Field :Aliens, that really invade!
    Pet argo management: Servants Protection | Expand the Notum Silo :Make it worthwhile

Rimor
    Tesgri - 220|17|58 (Omni Agent)
    Leara - 220|25|62 (Omni Doctor)
    Ponygirl - 220|25|56 (Omni Bureaucrat)
    Means: "We have done way dumber things than this..."

I wonder how many gm's/devs tried farming unhappy spirits on a normally equipped shade?

This is beyond the rediculous

Quote Originally Posted by sjefstab View Post
    When completing area X, be extra carefull to notice the end QL of spirits.
    The XAN Spirit of Essence combined with a Unhapy Spirit of Essence is supposed to turn out as a QL 270 Xan Spirit of Essence - Alpha

In my case this went wrong.
    Xan Spirit of Essence - Alpha
    NODROP
    Quality level: 260
    Requirements:
    Wear:

Must have expansionset: Legacy of the Xan

Level from 205
    Agility from 1106
    Sense from 1106
    Shade
    You sure you combined:

Xan Spirit of Essence - Beta (QL 250) + Unhappy Spirit of Essence (QL 270) = Xan Spirit of Essence - Alpha (QL 270)

And not:

Xan Spirit of Essence - Beta (QL 250) + Troubled Spirit of Essence (QL 260) = Xan Spirit of Essence - Alpha (QL 260)

As the Unhappy combine should never end up with a QL 260 spirit. As the Unhappy determines the final QL of that tradeskill.
    Funcom Content Designer

How to get started on TestLive
    How to write bug reports

A lot of small steps make one giant leap forward.
    "Patchnotes: Nerfed all characters named Metaing, they where too powerful."
    To bug or not to bug, that is the question
    Run like a man or Die like a woman

Isnt possible to combine anything but highest spirit with the same beta one. tried some on my shade
    Beertrinker
    Shadyyy
    Bultcratie
    Vaihelvete
    Proud Member of Paradise
    Quote Originally Posted by ithacana View Post
    Beer is like chocolatey secs goodness, how could you doubt him?

FC devs YES we have a clue about shades yes we do!

couldn't resist this thread is just too funny for me.

GZ devs for even looking into something regarding your failed profession...
    yes im sure, the unhappy is GONE, why do you think im so happy...

Now I have had to work since the expansion came out and cannot say for sure but couldnt you shift T and drop what your combining into the windows and see what the final item is? I always use that to double check combines I have never done before or when a mis-click costs way too much.
    Quote Originally Posted by Glarawyn
    Nah, the general perception of Adventurers in AO is that we're a DD profession with fur.
    Achiever 60.00%, Explorer 73.33%, Killer 53.33%, Socializer 13.33%

Well when devs name you best symbs slot UNHAPPY and that this best ql is30 ql below every other profs...
    At least we had been warned...

unhappy, 30ql below any others 1/3 of stats any others got, well you see the point
    WE HATE YOU!

Perhaps someone could duplicate their shade whos about to be in this position, to testlive, and confirm that Sjef is not crazy.

Just finish the quest, wait about half an hour, do a dupe. Do a dupe again.

So you have supershade1 and supershade2 on test. Try the combine both ways, once for each toon, and see what happens.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast