Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ganking and what does it mean to you?

self gratification by manual stimulation of ones self....

doh!!!! i misread teh title

you can't gank onless your in the arena. and you can only gank your own side.

for me, ganking is pvp without a chance to win for one participant. i.e. X ppl vs. one, lvl 150+ vs lvl 75, ...

this is dishonorably and cowardly imho, no matter if it's allowed by the rules (which suck)

Ino: so you are saying that if 5 omnis or clan go to 2ho and see 1 enemy they shouldn't fire ?

yes

one of them should try, not all

its a war , but that rule should apply To arenas only and not on the battlefield ..
    think about it

Ganking and what does it mean to -->you<--?

that was the question, i've given my answer, that's it.

to discuss pvp things is like running against a wall so i won't do that

aah Ganking.. As decribed above when someone interfeares with a dual in the arena but ok, that happends fortunately not that often, and

When you get "tricked" into a duel in mostly mmd, or even a 2 vs 2/ x vs x but when you start fighting his or her 5-6 team-mates come out of hiding and you're dead or lagged out within a second.
    Before I tought pvp would have atleast some standards, hell what FUN is there to be attacked by not one, but 6 people, no fun, causes me to stop pvp for a few levels, and probably alot people would never pvp again because of it. And now don't give me this bull**** crap like " it's war", yes it is, but that is no reason to scare even more people away from pvp, totally griefing/ruining someones fun!

PvP itself in this game is already dying mainly because of that, notice how empty the arenas / pvp zones have become? Pvp in this game needs more players, but as it is now people are just leaving it.

ps. Dont get me wrong, as said above when 1 clanners in in 2ho and 5 omnis are, go ahead shoot the guy, you can expect that as clanner, or vice verca as omni, BUT when you get asked for a clean duel, but then get ganked by his/her 5-6 buddies, that IS wrong
    Last edited by Georg; Jul 4th, 2002 at 13:09:48.
    Georg 218 doc
    [1809] PT
    Legion
    Web: [http://www.legionhq.org]
    Irc: irc.legionhq.org
    Ts: www.legionhq.org

Originally posted by Wiped
    Any type of PvP outside of the arena is fair game i believe. 1 on 1, 50 on 1. doesnt matter. out there it is war between clan and omni. On the same note, if an enemy player is in the arena, i.e. clan in entertainment arena, then all is fair game.

On the other hand, omni v omni or clan v clan INSIDE THE ARENA should be on a mutual duel acceptance basis. Not that it works out that way all the time but anything other than that, i.e. attacking without warning, is ganking plain and simple. The arena i believe was instituted for PvP training.
    its not actually all and out war at the moment.

to answer the original question. I use the word gank all the time. Even before i played AO. If i get killed by a mob i say 'oh it ganked me'. When i stole my brother's microphone i told him, 'you got ganked, son'. i think gank is just a cool sounding word.. i like it =D

ganking and neutrals...

I'm not a PvPer, but what's the call... I'm neutral... Am I open to attack in a pvp zone, but can't initiate?

Not a whine, just wonderin'... I want to be ready.
    Dorfone
    Fixer
    XIII Neutral, Rk-2

I was Rambo in the disco
    I was shootin' to the beat
    When they burned me in effigy
    My vacation was complete.

Grin...

I expect most of you have seen what I think of pvp tactics before...

Ganking can only happen in Arena. MMD, and 2HO are battlezones and anyone going there should expect to be attacked. I never go there without being fully buffed and equipped for pvp.

In Arena, I would define ganking as someone being attacked/killed when he/she has no chance of retaliating. Wether its one person or 10 attacking doesnt matter. So yes, in Arena I would concider a lvl 200 killing a lvl 75 ganking. The lvl 75 has no way of defending himself.

If I see it done I will try to assist the "gankee" since I personally find such tactics distasteful.

Its up to each one of us to take responsibility for our characters and the way they behave. If you dont mind getting your reputation shot to h3ll then I suppose you must do as you like, never expect other players to help you or defend you when you need help though.....

Legion
    Beartwo

and a whole litter of bearcubs ...

"Only the dead have seen the end of war." -- Plato
    "You see me now, a soldier, of a 1000 psychic wars...." -- Blue Oyster Cult

Re: Ganking and what does it mean to you?

Originally posted by Blanch
    Kinda curious what some people really think ganking is. I see people setting around in 2ho/camelot get killed they call that getting ganked. Omni kills a clan in fight is that ganking or are they just playing by storyline killing all clan? You see two people fighting you dont know they are dueling you shot one is that ganking?

Ganking is when I duel someone in arena. 1 on 1, and you wait till the battle is over and im half dead, and then you rush in and finish me off. ( I have been ganked by Angelicnova too many times to count now )

I dont think you can become a Neo without it though. We all know you gank though, so no need to explain yourself.
    Last edited by Turin; Jul 5th, 2002 at 15:29:40.
    Nitsobar - lvl 219/13 Doc - Equipment - Perks - History
    MrBruce - lvl 204/6 MA - Equipment - Perks - History
    MsHackalot - lvl 123/9 Twink Fixer - Equipment - Perks - History

Veterans of Synergy Factor

Click to email me

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12