Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread: 18.1 Preliminary Update Notes

Funcom employee 18.1 Preliminary Update Notes

Preliminary 18.1 Update Notes

New to 18.1

- New social items added to celebrate the 8th anniversary of Anarchy Online

- Challenge a new instanced version of Pandemonium with your organization or raid.

- New instanced player cities are now available for organizations that do not already own a city. To claim a city plot enter the Serenity Islands door in ICC. Player markets will not be available in the new cities.

- City upkeep will now be deducted directly from the Organization Bank. **IMPORTANT: Cities in debt at the time of the update will be destroyed. To keep your city please make sure your upkeep is paid before the update.**

- A new super-luxury orbital residence is now available for purchase. Purchase is available for paid points or credits at the Phasefront platform on Newland lake. For a limited time the Phasefront Classic - Charon vehicle is included with the purchase of the Luxury Residence.

- Map Navigation skill will now be resetable. Reseting this skill will remove your current maps and map upgrades.

- Target NCU window. See your hostile nanos running on your target (with restrictions on which ones you can see).

- Split the default new player chat window into default (system/vicinity etc) & combat tabs.

- Right click names in chat to get new ignore option for offending players.

- Client side chat filter added to empower players to combat spam on their own terms.

- Mouse targetting improvements. It will now be easier to target small/fast moving things/players.

- Hotbar timers on skill-locked items (including shadowbreed). Timers also work in the programs and controls windows.

- Added /duel draw. Currently neither of the participants get a loss for using draw.

- Added battlestation chat channel(s).

- Added support for custom guis outside the 'Guis\Default' directory (we still don't give any customer support on third party GUIs though).

- Changes made to Legacy of the Xan - Area X to endorse team work.

- Phasefront Jubilee - "The Bunny" and - "The Eightball" added to the paid-point vendor. "The Eightball" is also available from the Veteran Rewards Vendor.

- New option to hide nanos in programs window. You can add back hidden nanos using the 'show hidden' option is in the 'i' menu of the nano window.

- New facepalm emote added to properly express dissatisfaction on elements of this list that do not work properly on Patch Day.

Continuing Work on eliminating previous issues:

Preliminary (not set in stone) "Balancing Efforts"

These are the first of many balance related changes coming with the 18.x update series. Much larger changes to basic systems (AS, FA, healing and specials etc.) will be coming in the near future so all individual profession changes should be viewed as small and possibly temporary parts of larger changes to come.

- Bureaucrat Stun research procs are now roots as opposed to stuns and Nanodamage modifier research procs changed from 8 to 200% for 8 seconds.

- Attack Rating of Anti-Personnel Vehicles increased significantly.

- Pistol perk lines boosted and opened up for more professions.

- Improvement to "Blunt" perk lines.

- Adjustments made to Fixer perk lines.

- New perk line for Ranged Adventurers.

- New tradeskills available to improve some "Xan" weapons. (Components are available in standard tradeskill shops.)

Other Improvements:

- Adjustments made to the Bazzit Quest Line to prevent players from having to petition when losing a quest.

- Improvements made to Peacekeeper Constad quest line to prevent players from having to petition when losing a quest.

- Behaviour changes to Scheol and Elysium quest monsters to avoid them getting lost/unavailable.

- Arul Saba Bracelets have been renamed individually for clarity and ease of search.

- New chat command Waypoint command available.(/waypoint x z playfield#)

- Heavy Patrollers in Sector 42 should now longer summon/warp players away from their groups or out of coccoons.

- Immunity Laser fence buff in Sector 42 should now be 10 minutes in duration to prevent termination during LDs of raid members.

- The NanoAC debuff of Overwhelming Storm, Incessant Fury and Distracting Shower should now stack correctly.
    Last edited by Means; Jun 18th, 2009 at 16:26:25.
    Colin Cragg
    This "Means" Cake
    Past Game Director (2008-2011)

first!
    Facebook
    Idiots are just like slinkies. It makes you smile when you push them down a flight of stairs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Undercutting View Post
    Bs isn't where the real pvp happens, tis' where the pvmers' go to feel like they've pvped.
    [Zacyx]: i will perma bann u from MR

fir..

Quote Originally Posted by Flyingengi View Post
    first!
    nerf!

Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    - New facepalm emote added to properly express dissatisfaction on elements of this list that do not work properly on Patch Day.
    Bu-bu-but, what do I do if /facepalm doesn't work properly?

Seriously though, it's shaping up to be a top notch patch, tyvm
    Last edited by Troxxor; Jun 18th, 2009 at 16:50:06. Reason: Bleh!
    Troxxor - Atrox Enforcer - My Ganker [Target]
    Slights - Solitus Enforcer - My Tanker [Target]

Loyal General of Ascension
    www.clan-ascension.org
    Rimor | Clan
    Significant Alts: SlightChange | Bokken | Takken

Lot's of good stuff XD!

This patch is pure gold.

Edit: you forgot to add that Reanimated Cloaks (of the ranger, etc) have unique names depending on type & how many 'upgrades' they have (1/5 through 5/5).
    And that Nano Programming Interface is no longer unique. :P
    Last edited by Demoder; Jun 18th, 2009 at 17:36:39.
    ::: My Tools & Stuff :::
    ::: Cratine Savagedheals Enfine Zoewrangle Demoder :: Solitron Demotionform :: IRC Demoder Savagedlight :::
    ::: AOItems :: Blog :: CIDB :: HelpBot :: ItemsBot :: PlanetMap Viewer :: Tower Wars :: Twitter :::

New to 18.1- Added battlestation chat channel(s).
    Ehr, those are already ingame ^^

Where's the inventory search option?! =)
    Please please please add such a function!

btw, see how people are raving about the patch, and there's not much new items.... just functions, your on the right track here FC.
    Last edited by iamtehgimp; Jun 18th, 2009 at 17:15:33.
    Open an account: $9
    Play the game: $10/month
    Follow FC development on AO: Priceless.

- Bureaucrat Stun research procs are now roots as opposed to stuns and Nanodamage modifier research procs changed from 8 to 200% for 8 seconds.

look into soldier perks

particularly hp/HD one

230hp / 2healdelta at 220 is a fúckin giraffe

id settle for 1k hp / 20 hd

lol Solssss, crat procs were actually nerfed
    220 Shade | 220 NT | 220 Crat | 220 Fixer | 220 Agent | 165 Adv

- Heavy Patrollers in Sector 42 should now longer summon/warp players away from their groups or out of coccoons.

now == no

???

Map Navigation skill will now be resetable. Reseting this skill will remove your current maps and map upgrades.
    Does this mean that performing a full IPR also resets Mapnav? Because I'd prefer not to have to retwink all maps when doing a full IPR.
    Hygyeia 220/30/70 doc damage/defence
    Ankaria 220/30/70 sold damage/defence
    Nuklea 165/17/42 nt
    Mercenaries

We all play WoW? You go too far Kaitlain...this was insulting. You are Hello-Kitty Online's customer of the month...it's true...they told me.

- Target NCU window. See your hostile nanos running on your target (with restrictions on which ones you can see).

I'm afraid for this one. Knowing what buffs are running is part of the skill in pvp.
    Zirkonium 220 Nanomage Engineer - RK2 - Omni
    Mereditche 170 Opifex Agent - RK2 - Omni
    Misfiled 49 Nanomage Enforcer - RK2 - Omni (First! Mongo Smash!)

me say w00t !

that patch seem to roXx seriously, from general things (like instances, hostile/friendly, chat filter) to particular issues (new perks & different fixes made).

in the middle of all things added/modified, that may sound insignificant but i REALLY gratz the /waypoint command wich will simplify team/raid gathering a lot, including noob player guidance while AO isn't exactly of the most accessible MMO -technically at least.

may be only crat would /whimper a little ... but they laughed for long enough, and they still have the funny new social stuff to feel better

GG for this patch, long life to AO & happy B-Day !!!
    Bitnykk/Bittorrent - young RL of AP & old emissary of CODE

You should only be able to see the hostile nanos YOU have cast. No need for any other restrictions then.
    Because Race Yalm

Currently as it stands regarding waypoints in their preliminary form;

The playfield ID number is required. It wont just work out what playfield you are in, and let you punch in an X/Y, and it plot a way point for you. You need to know the ID. And then it will mimic a mission point. Messing with this on test right now.

For those who don't know how to retrieve the playfield number, this is found in shift-F9, not regular F9.

Extended location information:
    - 609.7, 613.3, 344.3 (609.7 613.3 y 344.3 6013)
    - Pf Proxy: Model=51100:6013 GS=0 SG=0 R=6013, resource: 6013
    - zone: 765, area: "Central Gateway"
    Server id: 3905, character id: 50000:604697080, time: 2009-06-18 16:49:27 (UTC)
    Version: 18.1.0.8_EP1, map id: 18.1.0.8_11.06.2009_14.03.59, build: 47954.

It is the 4th value in brackets on the second line, or the R=, or resource: - you'll notice they all say 6013. To those who log out in the Xan hub a lot, they will know intrinsicly that 6013 is indeed the Xan hub.

Perhaps there's time for a slight modification to the function of regular F9 screen, before 18.1 hits live to change it from;

Pos: 609.7, 613.3, 344.3, Area: Central Gateway. Time: 2009-06-18 16:50:40 (UTC)
    Suppression field at 75 Wildlife may attack you.

to

Pos: 609.7, 613.3, 344.3, Area: Central Gateway (Playfield ID: xxxx). Time: 2009-06-18 16:50:40 (UTC)
    Suppression field at 75 Wildlife may attack you.

So that this feature gets more use, and is easier for folks who don't nescessarially know every minute bit of AO inside and out; which unfortunatley this forum crowd does not represent well.

With mandatory use of playfield ID, the best use of this /waypoint command is going to be from within scripts, where you can make a script directing a person to a place with a click-link that gives them a way point directly. Rather than manual use.

"- Mouse targetting improvements. It will now be easier to target small/fast moving things/players."

Agent hate!!

why Why WHY ?!?!?!

New patch is looking nice. See that heals will be changed in the not so distant future. Not for the better i guess but no point ranting on about it until i can see the whole picture.

Would be nice to know how you plan to change stuff.
    Drtheron B 220/30 Atrox Doc First AI30 atrox doc on RK1
    Stilithium B 220/12 Nanomage Doc PVP project

Nttheron B 220/16 Atrox NT Ao easymode pvp is: on
    Lithvium B 220/13 Solitius Crat DD hoe project
    Zystem B 208/8 Nanomage Engineer Tradeskiller

+ A couple of alts in progress

Quote Originally Posted by Hygyeia View Post
    Does this mean that performing a full IPR also resets Mapnav? Because I'd prefer not to have to retwink all maps when doing a full IPR.
    full ipr resetted map nav also for me, so yes
    Thedevil 220/30 Adventurer
    My Collage

Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast