Page 17 of 21 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192021 LastLast

Thread: Friday with Means - November 13th, 2009 - Friday teh 13th 110100101!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Kintaii View Post
    Yes, they will. =) That's one of those "missing" things I mentioned in the first post, but will be included before it goes live.
    Are you still intending to use Speedtree? I ask because the trees REALLY look awful in their new environment.

Quote Originally Posted by Kintaii View Post
    Yes, they will. =) That's one of those "missing" things I mentioned in the first post, but will be included before it goes live.
    woot !
    Major "Grimclaw" Sinister Solitus - Enforcer | Alucard "Opigrim" Ashwell Opifex - Shade | Queen "Shoomi" Hex Opifex - Keeper

Quote Originally Posted by Autohead View Post
    Answered my own question, basically 2.5 ago, June of 2007 as seen here... http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...d.php?t=498971

So "almost 3 years" is pretty accurate.
    And 2 years of that was getting the Ogre engine looking good before it was scrapped. So, what? Another year at least to go then?

The building textures in Rome could really use a revamp. Other than that you seem to be making nice progress, tho the visual quality still doesn't seem as good as the ogre video posted ages ago.

Funcom employee

Quote Originally Posted by Phixalicious View Post
    Are you still intending to use Speedtree? I ask because the trees REALLY look awful in their new environment.
    We will be producing new trees. We were never intending to use speed-tree...we'd rather make our own.
    Colin Cragg
    This "Means" Cake
    Past Game Director (2008-2011)

Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    We will be producing new trees. We were never intending to use speed-tree...we'd rather make our own.
    There should be more notum trees around RK. Perhaps a mini one to put in apartment at Christmas time to?
    Major "Grimclaw" Sinister Solitus - Enforcer | Alucard "Opigrim" Ashwell Opifex - Shade | Queen "Shoomi" Hex Opifex - Keeper

Quote Originally Posted by Autohead View Post
    Answered my own question, basically 2.5 ago, June of 2007 as seen here... http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...d.php?t=498971

So "almost 3 years" is pretty accurate.
    How come not a single word about AO in the Q3 report?

Ah, okay. My mistake. I could have sworn SpeedTree was mentioned by one of you guys a while back. Maybe it was just a players suggestion I cross-wired, though.
    Or maybe I was thinking it because AoC uses SpeedTree.
    Last edited by Phixalicious; Nov 18th, 2009 at 19:15:04.

Looks AWESOME! Details on water and shadows looks really good Someone has to cut the grass inn rome... maby the new "garbage man quest" for BS /afkers
    Good work!
    Andvord, 220 Adv (retired)
    Knekt, 220/30/70 Keep (retired)
    Haavarst, 220/23 Crat
    Delifix 217 Fix
    Delivio 215 Shade
    Dilek 174 Doc
    Delisol 165 Sol
    Clown 126 Trader TL4 twink project
    Hannibal 22 Enf

Keep up the good work. Looks great. Looking forward to some Shadowlands Screenies.
    Last edited by Frostsongr; Nov 18th, 2009 at 19:17:34. Reason: uh yeah

Frostsongr Frostsongr Frostsongr Frostsongr Frostsongr Frostsongr Frostsongr

Looking good.
    Seriously cant wait for the end product. Hoping for new pix every week .

Am i the only on that noticed the broken bridge in the Tir2 old screen and the missing bridge in Tir 3 old screen?
    Freedom or death!
    Anything then being an Omni Tek Corporate slave!

Created 2005-11-16 (paid main that's all mine )
    Created 2005-02-03 (froobie)
    Created 2007-10-11 (second paid account because i wanted a freaking shade :P)

Quote Originally Posted by omegahealer View Post
    Am i the only on that noticed the broken bridge in the Tir2 old screen and the missing bridge in Tir 3 old screen?
    That's due to known render limits of the old engine. If you go up there and look on your current one you'll see that as well.

Quote Originally Posted by SoldiTwo View Post
    How come not a single word about AO in the Q3 report?
    Because they shut AO down in 2008...
    "A whole new place to run around for ages in then die suddenly without warning."

"I know who coded pet pathing... and when I see him I say "/follow" and I start waling in to walls :P"

The "Trolls" option is incorrect. The term trolls is not used to describe the gathering of information on the Internet.

<@Kintaii> L2P

Kintaii Edit!
    Woot dude ! Thanx for this screenies.

For sure the water look like real stuff, and so the grass is, not mentionning this amazing effect on tir sunset ! Can't wait to see this animated ^^

Some details beside that :
    Shadows are imo still a little "square" but i think it might depend on each computer settings/card and further code blur/antialias improvment from devs.
    Bump maps give some nice effects on tir screenies, but fore sure a huge part of the work (wich i hope won't be left aside !!) is texture/geometric revisitation when needed (trees, floor e.g.). That would be sad to limit onto Z010 rendering power on Z001 design content

So i encourage the team to go further ! That looks better everytime and i really hope that will revitalize AO on player income, cause if AO becomes equal to other MMOs on look, as it beat them all on content that'd roxxxXX.
    Last edited by bitnykk; Nov 18th, 2009 at 19:41:05.
    Bitnykk/Bittorrent - young RL of AP & old emissary of CODE

Funcom employee

Quote Originally Posted by Technogen View Post
    Because they shut AO down in 2008...
    Does this mean that I am having that psychotic episode they warned me about every day now?

Not good...not good...
    Colin Cragg
    This "Means" Cake
    Past Game Director (2008-2011)

I hate to ask for more, but I do recall hearing something about possibly a movie?

Oh hi means ^^
    _thespoon_
    adv19x1x4x
    _hateful_
    nt1651749

Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta View Post
    http://daggerxl.wordpress.com/ there, you can compare the project. That's an engine upgrade for an old RPG.
    Rest well this night. For tomorrow, you sail for the Kingdom of Rubi-Ka!

Does this mean that I am having that psychotic episode they warned me about every day now?

Not good...not good...
    no. you're just... in The Village. and everything is perfectly fine and dandy.

be seeing you!

Level 1 to 300 in 8 Years! Pwn!
    - Join us on Discord! -
    AO WIKI!
    Arcanum!

Not good...not good...
    No no, its ok, we're stuck in a time loop. What happened was Macro wore pants the same day you work the Teletubby outfit and it caused a rip in the fabric of space, I think we should see if your wife could sew it back up for us.
    "A whole new place to run around for ages in then die suddenly without warning."

"I know who coded pet pathing... and when I see him I say "/follow" and I start waling in to walls :P"

The "Trolls" option is incorrect. The term trolls is not used to describe the gathering of information on the Internet.

<@Kintaii> L2P

Quote Originally Posted by shadowgod View Post
    no. you're just... in The Village. and everything is perfectly fine and dandy.

be seeing you!
    What number are you?
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Old maintainer and hoster of Helpbot, Xyphos, AO Minecraft Server, AO Devs
    Old dictator on Atlantean

Page 17 of 21 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192021 LastLast