Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: TL2/3/4/5 Balance

NCU imbalance is a tl2 thing, sure not all proffs can get on ql 160 infused tl3 but they sure can get ql 200 NCUs from lvl 75ish.

Also, with the changes comming up, agents are not gonna perk snare high evade twinks, and when they do so they will do it for less. And even then they will still have to wait for AS.

Agents is the greatest imbalance at tl3 pvp atm, it is being fixed.

Enfs might get more powerful tl3 now but i think the real winners in this range will be evaders. Mostly traders, crats, mps and initally GA fixers until everyone have one of the other 3.

I don't really like the idea of there being a seperate zone that wipes NCU, i'm not sure about RK2 but on RK1 there generally aren't enough people that do NW at these levels to get any other buffs at all (and if there are then it's usually enf buffs or an umbral, rather than the most useful things like runspeed or hots).

I imagine it would just be another nail in the coffin.
    Deadfroobs - 18 agent- Work in progress
    Reidsangry - 30 enf - Work in progress
    Reidsmp - 76 mp
    Reidsagent - 95 agent/enf
    Reidsdrainz - 114 agent
    Reidscrat - 161 crat
    Reids - 218 crat
    Reidventurer - 220 advy
    Reidsma - 220 MA

I agree with pretty much everything Reids posted, well as usual as we see pretty much eye to eye when it comes to tl 2-3-4 pvp...

Quote Originally Posted by reids View Post
    A) The neleb rod needs nerfing. It's fair to say that a weapon is overpowered when you see pretty much every profession using one, i've seen traders/enfs/doctors/mp's/ma's and even a crat using one of these, surely an indication that something is wrong!
    Except this... Imo it would be alot better instead of nerfing it that more and other viable weapons where introduced at these levels, doesn't really make any sense to me the only weapon worth using for any proff is a 2hb weap... maybe add some weapons offcourse up to days and neleb rods standards but along the lines of what FC where trying to do in the days of Sol Robust, Red Line, Pumps, Icebreaker (given it failed a tad with traders back then also being the majority of lowbie pvp but still the idea was decent) and so on, so there actually is some reason to use something else besides Nelebs Rod... Goes for Tiigs too at tl2... AO simply needs more of a selection and better weapons at tl2...
    Neophyte/Sergeant/Tactician Escritores - Proud General of ..:Nordic Alliance:.. - 220/27/56 - Soldier - Equip - outdated...
    Poacher Overpoweredz - Proud UC of ..:Nordic Alliance:.. - 169/9/X - ADV - Equip outdated
    Chiropractor/Tactician Kartoon - Proud SC of ..:Nordic Alliance:.. - 150/12/12 - Doctor - TL5 PvP incoming. Under construction.
    Also a Freshman Crat, Freshman/Student/Squire/Captain Keep, Freshman/Phreaker/Scout Fix and a bunch of other tower punks and alts...
    Soldier Weaponrack: Anger of Xan, Dreadloch Modified Shark, Amplified KOC-Type 13, Lord Of Anger, AHF, SRPB, KOC-Type 12, KOEC-Type 3, 179-214-237 Coop, Supernova, Omni-Flamer.
    Gromulator: Go troll in your cavern , mr happy Bunny.
    Romaas about lvl 49 soldier BS twinks using CDR's
    Quote Originally Posted by Romaas View Post
    at 49 its totally awesome damage.

not false ...

if you compare neleb rods to other SoM weapons... it does twice the DD of anyother...

not very consistent when you see CoH weapons, or dyna QL 40-50 weapons...
    // Break time //

/\/\ Newcomers Alliance General and LMAA co-founder /\/\
    Froob for 3 years :
    Gridpain, Nfurter, Slayie, Forcedevente, Asafart, Theshrike, Whipingwillow, Malaucrane, Karmapolice.

Sloob since 2009 :
    Coredumped,Needleworkr,Weepinwilljr,Gridpainjr,Bet amale,Lackwit,Dusttodust, Ouvreboite,Boohoohoo,Asafurt,Whatsthat,Aziraphale
    220, 220, 200, 164, 150, 116, 110, 82, 70, 57, 40, 21 ...

In tl2 the engi/shade/crat/adventurer professions are mind numbingly {edited by Anarrina}.
    Last edited by Anarrina; Oct 24th, 2009 at 00:41:59.
    Dagger 220/30/70 Shade // Attempted 219/24/?? Enforcer // Canidae 180/0/0 Adventurer // World 185/26/32 Meta-Physicist// Cramp 150/20/35 Engineer
    Ya wanna fix something - give RK mobs better xp, make RK matter again.

Quote Originally Posted by Mamman View Post
    Give shades love or we will stop buffing people!!

Quote Originally Posted by notcrattey View Post
    In tl2 the engi/shade/crat/adventurer professions are mind numbingly {edited by Anarrina}.
    I must be mind numbingly edited by Anarrina (whatever that is) then, since I had a TL2 shade for BS for a while and actually enjoyed it every now and then. Even though there was obviously no chance of beating most of the people with remotely the same effort spent on their toons unless catching them totally off guard.
    Eroz, finally 220/26/70 Adventurer & proud General of Regulators on ex-RK2 (outdated) equip
    Rokroland, 170 Engineer No more crab for j00 Northern Front on ex-RK2
    Ranged roxxorz!
    Sig last updated properly when West Athens still had people sitting about the subway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Siahanor View Post
    Complaining about the realism of height changing mechanics in a game that has people who can channel their anger to make huge killer meatballs.

Well, so far the wrong things are getting changed
    Deadfroobs - 18 agent- Work in progress
    Reidsangry - 30 enf - Work in progress
    Reidsmp - 76 mp
    Reidsagent - 95 agent/enf
    Reidsdrainz - 114 agent
    Reidscrat - 161 crat
    Reids - 218 crat
    Reidventurer - 220 advy
    Reidsma - 220 MA

only 1 step is in the right direction.

Mutate 1 is getting nerf in damage.
    // Break time //

Froob for 3 years :
    Gridpain, Nfurter, Slayie, Forcedevente, Asafart, Theshrike, Whipingwillow, Malaucrane, Karmapolice.

Sloob since 2009 :
    Coredumped,Needleworkr,Weepinwilljr,Gridpainjr,Bet amale,Lackwit,Dusttodust, Ouvreboite,Boohoohoo,Asafurt,Whatsthat,Aziraphale

For nanites, just because it is a level upper than the Advance drains, doesnt mean it deserve a level lock while the advance drains get away with it. Any high lvl RK drains in TL2 is equally deadly to nanites in TL3.

At first I am very dislike the idea of doing a simple level locking on drains if you are gonna asking for a nerf. It discourage twinking, Nanomage trader/nanoskill trader have no advantage over other traders since it is lvl lock. And we all know it is gonna hugely affect trader in pvm.

I would prefer the drain effectiveness being half or 1/3 in PVP. It is like draining half/ 30% than usual, and buffing the trader half/30% of usual. This way it makes laddering to high lvl drain much harder.

or u can make trader drain scale according to their lvls, Check how NT buffs their NanoProgramming. It is possible to make it.
    Ceenah 220/30/66 PvM NT @ Newcomers Alliance
    Eeenah 199/0 Froob NT @ Newcomers Alliance

Quote Originally Posted by Ceenah2 View Post

I would prefer the drain effectiveness being half or 1/3 in PVP. It is like draining half/ 30% than usual, and buffing the trader half/30% of usual. This way it makes laddering to high lvl drain much harder.
    basicly, instead of being drained to 0 AR, you propose to be drained to 150 AR and 0% on Weapon... Not a good idea.

Put some math to that:.

Considering lvl 25 (i.e).

My Trader could drian around 300 (w/o Mohams) and around 370 with Mohams. Now, U got any other toon with 400 weapon skill (Fully twinked!). After 370 its no AR and no DMG

After 30% its 148, means 250 AR and weapon 25% (based on OE skill 450) = no dmg, no hits. Still, every trader will be pushing Nano skills/Buffs to stack bigest drain, so at end, it will be the same result.
    I like PvP
    TL6: Tereshkova 200 eng / Patrollerz 200 sol / Tankietka 200 NM enf / Pielegniarka 200 Tank Doc / Oleska 200 SOLIKeep
    TL5: Miazga 150 sol / Piknababa 150 NM Enf 2he / Gigantika 150 NM Enf / Malutki 150 Enf Trox WIP
    TL4: Ladyrazor 112 fixer (retired) / Shha 100 NT / Cycolina lvl 100 NM Enforcer
    + Tons of other chars...
    I make weird TwInkz!
    Signature updated: 29/06/2016

That is only if you able to ladder up that high, since the buffing side is also nerfed down to 50/30%.
    Ceenah 220/30/66 PvM NT @ Newcomers Alliance
    Eeenah 199/0 Froob NT @ Newcomers Alliance

Quote Originally Posted by Ceenah2 View Post
    At first I am very dislike the idea of doing a simple level locking on drains if you are gonna asking for a nerf. It discourage twinking.
    It does not discourage twinking. It will only limit twinking for the trader profession to that of other proffesions. And level locking does not necesarrily remove laddering. Just limits it. Nowhere in any of the suggestions of level locking trader drains does it say that the level lock must be at a skill level lower than the base skill level of the trader.

Level locking drains is needed. But I think it should be combined with increased requirements, and more drains for end level, so that it will scale all the way. That way the nanomage and/or supertwinked will get the advatage of casting the highest drain available for their level, while others need to ladder to do the same.
    General of First Order

I LOLed at a couple of the people saying that locking HnQ, GSF and RRFE would "ruin" their solo experience. You obviously don't like playing solo if you need all those OBs.

I surely wouldnt mind levellocking RRFE and H&Q ...

GSF on the other hand, I would cry a river ... I cant stand running slowly...
    // Break time //

Froob for 3 years :

Sloob since 2009 :

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234