Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Buglist Discussion Thread

Buglist Discussion Thread

This is a simple thread which discusses potential additions to a Buglist for the MP profession. A lot of the older bugs got ironed out but a few still remain as well as more recent ones. Keep it simple, add if it can be reproduced and basic circumstances with which you can reproduce it, and how often. Corily and I will try to reproduce if possible then on the buglist it goes.

For the love of god, our mezz pet.. I've never seen my mezz pet land any mezz on any inf mobs. EVER!

I don't even bother casting it anymore since it's so damn useless..
    Last edited by Oliveerz; Dec 13th, 2009 at 16:32:12.
    Valhall Guardians

Thapetowner 220 Meta-Physicist
    Hyimoliver 220 Soldier
    Ihatemyself 200 Shade
    Hardcore 200 Adventurer
    Ilovetokill 170 Agent
    Ilovetodrain 150 Trader
    Oxiahe 150 Doctor
    Critterz 150 Martial-Artist
    Awaaa 74 Soldier

- Mezz pet doesn't really mezz, since target is still in fight and so you can't open chest, use kits, yalm up, etc...

- Advs being able to mezz our healpet with their out-of-combat mezz.

- Pets being on guard-mode by default, so if you zone into Tir or OA as omni, you instantly get flagged.

- The healpet's idea of guarding you is trying to attacking the enemy instead of healing you.

- Pets despawn when you mech up, which discourages us from ever using mechs, since recasting+rebuffing them is so much effort.

- Commands like /pet attack and /pet heal go to every pet instead of the attackpet and healpet respectively, meaning you have to use specific marcros like /pet "The Rihwen" attack and /pet "Mortificant the Eternal" heal, which stop working once you rename your pets or use a different pet.

- The command /pet attack goes to both your attackpet and mezzpet, while it doesn't make much sense to send them to attack the same target, since the attackpet will break the mezzes. Would rather see a /pet mezz command added.

- Terminating a single pet with /pet terminate "%t" cannot be done when that pet is out of range, while terminating all pets with /pet terminate does work on all pets out of range.

- Pet Warp doesn't work on pets that are in combat, rooted, snared, calmed, etc. So if you lost sight of a single pet somewhere during a massive chaotic battle you will have to terminate all your pets and recast+rebuff them all.

- A snare has the same effect as a root on pets. Even the smallest snare stops a pet dead in its tracks.

- When you're pvp flagged, engie snare aura still snares/roots your pets even when you're in the same raid/team as that engie.

- Healpet and mezzpet stand still while they're casting heal and mezz respectively, which results in their swift death when you're trying to run from a bunch of mobs.

- Pets in guard-mode can attack towers even when the player cannot, i.e. when the player's org does not have towers (or is orgless) and the defense shield is enabled.

- The damage from pets does not count towards the damage of the player, and your pets are orgless. So, if you destroy a Control Tower with pets only, it won't be your org's victory. Instead, it will appear as if the tower has been destroyed by somebody orgless, or as if it has been terminated by the owner, so you'll have to wait 20 minutes to plant.

- All LE procs only activate when you succesfully hit somebody, even our defensive procs, so pretty useless in pvp with our attack rating and entirely useless with shield.

- Debuffs like NSD from LE procs don't show up in hostile target NCU window.

- The 3 pet buffs that require shield/staff to be worn dissapear each time you zone.

- You can cast the pet buffs that require shield/staff to be worn, even when you're not wearing them, but they don't seem to have any effect.

- After login you have to zone or re-equipt the shield/staff or those 3 buffs will only show up in your own NCU and not your pet's NCU. I don't know if they work when they only show up in your NCU and not your pet's NCU...

- SL dmg debuffs overwrite the far more useful crat init debuffs, so I never dare to use them during raids and it makes MPs even more useless.
    Last edited by Mazzarin; Apr 30th, 2010 at 10:09:46.

LOL!!! how about a lvl 83 Crypto Cracker kanding eye blighter on a 220 Rihwen!?!?

comeon FIX US!!!

Ohhh BTW i had the LE nano's running on Rihwen, aint that something? +600NR and a mob nearly 1/3 his level and the mob landed it

You know the funny thing?

Rihwen walks with a limp, designed that way.... they even gave him a visual gimp LOL
    Last edited by Feardoc; Dec 13th, 2009 at 15:48:04.

Quote Originally Posted by Oliveerz View Post
    For the love of god, our mezz pet.. I've never seen my mezz pet land any mezz on any inf mobs. EVER!

I don't even bother casting it anymore since it's so damn useless..
    Hmm, this is not true.

Mezz pet can even calm Pande mini-bosses very effectively. Only thing that is bad for is PvP. It simply sucks in that department, but that's not a bug, just lame choice of coding.
    Proud member of Shadow Ops
    Renowned jester of the double AS Tigress

MP setup
    Hidden message
    Quote Originally Posted by Klod View Post
    You won.
    Making them feel special since 2008.

Make damage debuffs work on perks. Surely a bug amirite?? At least they won't be so utterly useless in PVP then.
    bai2u!
    -::l2pvp!1::-
    Electronite: FFA also destroyed Clan hegemony when it comes to tower wars. Ironically the downfall was started by the most active pvpers. Another ironic thing is that the downfall happened due to pvm conflict. Silirrion: (We have pretty good anti-troll filters by now though) Means: Thong-wearing troxes will always be a part of this game and a point of AO pride. Keldros: Obviously reall trolls don't use conditioner Marlark: If this forum was Swedish in it's language .. id pawn you any day. 220 NT: tl7 is a joke most of the time. 90% of the people are double double dead. some are worth debuffing tho. Mastablasta: you guys are right and I'm wrong. Ebag: No. You alpha me'd due to the stat bug. More Ebag: I don't have any twinks currently, nor do I participate much in mass TL7 PvP (though I do go occasionally, usually just to watch). Questra: an MP in sneak eNSDed me and did about 20k damage in 10-12 seconds

Pets not being decon'd in BS ... rooted pets will remain rooted.....

WAY to easy to root our pets even with 600 nr buff running.......

our attack pet is the joke of pvp, crat pets stop target from capping, not ours, rihwen hits so for so little in BS i dont bother casting him... heal pet and run cap that is it.

"mezz" pet is a flat pvp joke give him stuns? or maybe more then what? 500 AR?

Quote Originally Posted by Feardoc View Post
    Pets not being decon'd in BS ... rooted pets will remain rooted.....

WAY to easy to root our pets even with 600 nr buff running.......

our attack pet is the joke of pvp, crat pets stop target from capping, not ours, rihwen hits so for so little in BS i dont bother casting him... heal pet and run cap that is it.

"mezz" pet is a flat pvp joke give him stuns? or maybe more then what? 500 AR?

Apart from 'Last minute negotiations' I have never experienced problems with pets remaining rooted/calmed/debuffed in decon, apart from perhaps one or two very rare occasions over the last months. If you could provide some more info we could look into the bug and report it.

Our attack pet is currently outdated, but not worth casting is exagerated. Rihwen currently hits between 700 and 1.2k depending on the AC's/reflects. (beside soldiers) We didn't forget about the pet vulnerability for debuffs, at any TL.

While our mezzpet certainly has his uses in pvm, it is indeed close to worthless in pvp.

Dancingrage and me are currently looking into every possible problem, but try to remain objective so our arguments can be taken seriously.

Arite as for a real bug.

There is the occation where Rihwen (im not sure about any other attack pets) if given an attack command twice, stops attacking. This one is extremely hard to reproduce but once it is produced it sticks and u have to cast a new pet to get rid of it.

So it might be bound to some playfields. I myself have experienced it in Pandemonium and APF. Also in AI ships it tends to do it more often. But again its hard to reproduce for whatever reasons. Dont spend to much time on trying to find it i guess. because it could take a good while.

Why report it then? Well because its anoying when it does happen :P
    Metafly7 220/30/70 "E"

Advfly7 170/19/42 "E"

Proud member of ~Spirit~ Rubi-Ka Atlantean

Anarchy proves this quote wrong: "War would end if the dead could return." ~ Stanley Baldwin

I'll be writing up the buglist soon, any more bugs (not just wishlist stuff like 'fix out mezz pet', this is for bugs like pets going unresponsive in high lag situations, unexpected and unintended effects, etc.

I've added some more to my post above I'll keep adding things whenever I think of something else..

Thing I noticed recently : Healpet, after being charmed by crat , and re-charmed back after crat's death , gets the "Attack" button instead of "Heal" one on our Pet Info Bar, not sure if its a Pet Info bar bug or the Healpet completely absents the ability to heal , but surely seems like a bug to me
    Metphyst 220/30 NM MP
    Kyngsize 214/11 Trox shade
    Melonn 174/24 Soli MA
    Dafunky 170/17 Soli trader
    Dizzastarr 170/18 Trox advie
    Also known as Drimachus or Raljahz or Slashwrist or Pivson

Quote Originally Posted by pieceoftroll View Post
    Thing I noticed recently : Healpet, after being charmed by crat , and re-charmed back after crat's death , gets the "Attack" button instead of "Heal" one on our Pet Info Bar, not sure if its a Pet Info bar bug or the Healpet completely absents the ability to heal , but surely seems like a bug to me
    Yeah seen this one too. Pet still heals if you do /pet "Pet name" heal after it's uncharmed though.
    Lupusceleri L220/30/70 Agent -- Advisor of Spartans -- equip endgame AR setup endgame def setup <3 Azs wearer of Cheree's pants
    Arrowsmith -- Arafellin -- Alphacenta -- Aesculapias -- Wolfseye -- Lysdexic

TL5 enf twink: im out those MPs are to overpowered

crattey: The Balance Discussion forum. Where common sense goes to die.

Quote Originally Posted by Lupusceleri View Post
    Yeah seen this one too. Pet still heals if you do /pet "Pet name" heal after it's uncharmed though.
    Yeah , then it's just a "visual bug" , nonetheless it's still a bug
    Metphyst 220/30 NM MP
    Melonn 174/24 Soli MA

Quote Originally Posted by pieceoftroll View Post
    Yeah , then it's just a "visual bug" , nonetheless it's still a bug
    Actually it's not merely a visual bug, otherwise you could click it to heal again.
    bai2u!
    -::l2pvp!1::-
    Electronite: FFA also destroyed Clan hegemony when it comes to tower wars. Ironically the downfall was started by the most active pvpers. Another ironic thing is that the downfall happened due to pvm conflict. Silirrion: (We have pretty good anti-troll filters by now though) Means: Thong-wearing troxes will always be a part of this game and a point of AO pride. Keldros: Obviously reall trolls don't use conditioner Marlark: If this forum was Swedish in it's language .. id pawn you any day. 220 NT: tl7 is a joke most of the time. 90% of the people are double double dead. some are worth debuffing tho. Mastablasta: you guys are right and I'm wrong. Ebag: No. You alpha me'd due to the stat bug. More Ebag: I don't have any twinks currently, nor do I participate much in mass TL7 PvP (though I do go occasionally, usually just to watch). Questra: an MP in sneak eNSDed me and did about 20k damage in 10-12 seconds

pet snare/root

I have run into the problem with snare not removed by Decon a lot, mostly in tl5 BS (think its one of the aoe snares).

But what is worse is that dying and zoning to decon with the snare bugs the pet runspeed, i can easily remove the snare from pets with Pet Attention, but when i zone back to the battlestation after decon is done the pets are still slow.

Im not sure if its because i got the debuff too, and the pet runspeed is recalculated again from my debuffed run speed when zoning to decon? but if that where the case pet run speed should be back to normal once decon is done and i zone back to battlestation, but that does not happen!

Dying again fixes it, or i gotta respawn pets.
    Catily 220/21 Solitus Meta-Physicist
    Nistrum 174/19 Atrox Meta-Physicist
    Yeqon 161/9 Atrox Meta-Physicist
    Aliai 150/7 Nano Meta-Physicist
    Rawki 71/2 Opifex Meta-Physicist

Quote Originally Posted by Chrys View Post
    Actually it's not merely a visual bug, otherwise you could click it to heal again.
    nonetheless it's still a bug
    Metphyst 220/30 NM MP
    Melonn 174/24 Soli MA

Quote Originally Posted by Chrys View Post
    Make damage debuffs work on perks. Surely a bug amirite?? At least they won't be so utterly useless in PVP then.
    Make them stack with crat debuffs in PvM while we're at it. I'm sick of having to hold back on using parts of my toolset. It's not like we don't feel redundant enough already.
    :E

Quote Originally Posted by AhndraCorvid View Post
    Make them stack with crat debuffs in PvM while we're at it. I'm sick of having to hold back on using parts of my toolset. It's not like we don't feel redundant enough already.
    Got that on the wishlist already.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast