Thread: Tells, in different windows

Tells, in different windows

I have Tells setted in 2 chat windows. I do this because i get a load of spam on at least 1 of the 2 windows 24/7.
    But on my secondary window i only get the first incoming Tell mesage from that person. All other messages do not apear in this window. And it never has.
    --> Clicky <--

Is this a never fixed bug? or something no one has ever done before? Becasue i hear no one complain about this but me.
    Or maybe something i did wrong?

Thanks for all help

Small edit: As i see on picture ( i tried to use soli sb) It does not say "shadowbreed is locked" or "The Choice is locked". What is 'Scintillant' (pointed out in pink and red). This never apeared before.
    Knights of Ka
    The Elysium Alliance

Quote Originally Posted by Ocene View Post
    Einstein said, there's two things that are infinite.. the universe and human stupidity... and I'm not sure about the universe.

What I have noticed is that if you have tells subscribed to your Default Window and send tells via it, tells won't pop up in any other windows that have tells subscribed..
    Transcendence
    ----
    220 iii "Quilluck" iiiiii :: iii "Quillster" i 165
    074 iii "Tradeursoul" i :: i "Fourthaid" ii 220
    ----

but that is for the outgoing tells. The next incoming tells from that person will also not show in my secondary window.
    bummer btw: 100+ views and 1 reply

no one having issues with this?

Edit: right now i got a couple of tells and tested a bit.
    2 or 3 tells showed in both windows untill i replied.
    After i send replies. i still saw the incoming messages coming on both windows.

Thos does not mean that it's fixed. Since this is the first time this hasppens, and i bet the next one will go bad again.
    Last edited by Xatgunner; Jan 19th, 2010 at 19:15:38.
    Knights of Ka
    The Elysium Alliance

Einstein said, there's two things that are infinite.. the universe and human stupidity... and I'm not sure about the universe.

yup, i just got a new set of tells. where randomly some messages didn't apear in the secondary screen.
    >clicky<
    Knights of Ka
    The Elysium Alliance

I noticed this too. I'm adding it to 'annoying things..." in Knowledge database.
    Edta 200 NT, froob , Setup, General of NEPA, Raid Leader of TLfiveplus (Froob Raids)
    Neutral For Life, AO For Ever!
    Please, let Clan and Omni return to Neutral Clan/Omni Resignation forms!

This is a long shot, but it may have something to do with the other feeds you have subscribed in the second window. For example, I have a similar setup: One window for org chat, and one window with OOC, Vicinity and team chat. Tells are subscribed in both windows (to be more noticeable) and it always works perfectly. However, I don't have System or any battle spam in either of the chat windows - that all goes in a third window.

Try unsubscribing from System and battle spam in your secondary window, and see if you still have issues.

Quote Originally Posted by cbus97 View Post
    This is a long shot, but it may have something to do with the other feeds you have subscribed in the second window. For example, I have a similar setup: One window for org chat, and one window with OOC, Vicinity and team chat. Tells are subscribed in both windows (to be more noticeable) and it always works perfectly. However, I don't have System or any battle spam in either of the chat windows - that all goes in a third window.

Try unsubscribing from System and battle spam in your secondary window, and see if you still have issues.
    I doubt it: on 2 toons I have a window with only tells getting there and I'm seeing it there too...
    Edta 200 NT, froob , Setup, General of NEPA, Raid Leader of TLfiveplus (Froob Raids)
    Neutral For Life, AO For Ever!
    Please, let Clan and Omni return to Neutral Clan/Omni Resignation forms!

Quote Originally Posted by cbus97 View Post

My main window only features chat. no system logs nothing
    And my secondary window only holds system, xp/sk gain, and damage logs. (and tells)
    So if it should have to do with system messages it should definatly show in my secondary window.
    Does any staff read this section anyway? :S
    Knights of Ka
    The Elysium Alliance

Exclamation

Staff? Personel? Do you have any answer or reason for this behaviour of tells?
    Knights of Ka
    The Elysium Alliance

Quote Originally Posted by Xatgunner View Post
    I have Tells setted in 2 chat windows. I do this because i get a load of spam on at least 1 of the 2 windows 24/7.
    But on my secondary window i only get the first incoming Tell mesage from that person. All other messages do not apear in this window. And it never has.
    --> Clicky <--

Is this a never fixed bug? or something no one has ever done before? Becasue i hear no one complain about this but me.
    Or maybe something i did wrong?

Thanks for all help

Small edit: As i see on picture ( i tried to use soli sb) It does not say "shadowbreed is locked" or "The Choice is locked". What is 'Scintillant' (pointed out in pink and red). This never apeared before.

Scintillant is the name of your SB, fex my omni soli sb3 is called "Dark"
    This was what I was wearing. Tell me I asked for it

Quote Originally Posted by Marinegent View Post
    Soldier reflects just flat out need to be much stronger all the time (70%~ at level 220 at all times...)
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowgod View Post
    the day our pets last forever, like yours, is the day your reqs will be lowered.
    Quote Originally Posted by Obtena View Post
    To be fair, you are lucky the mods are as forgiving as they are.
    Quote Originally Posted by Obtena View Post
    your an idiot