Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: :: What Profession Would Win at PVP ::

Originally posted by illphil

I think kink meant the actuall person playing the profession, not the actual profession itself.

Some high level players gimp themselves, some are decent, knowledgable pvp'ers. I think what he's saying is that for example, there are certain lvl 200's of the same proffession that would give his/her opponet more trouble than the other person of that same proffession.
    Not just that Hardware computer connection location also makes a difference
    RK1 - Hajk - Solitus - Lvl 217/DR 16 - Nanotech - Apocalypse
    ---
    Explorer 60% / Socializer 53% / Killer 46% / Achiever 40%

anything
    they are on the same connection... (LAN @ funcom) with the same computers(max u can get) and they are both wery good players...

I dunno about MPs owning everyone except a trader. I'm still new to pvp and my skills (read: I suck) are not where I'd like them to be (need more first aid, melee evade aint maxed, need to get 1k board, etc). We have some pretty serious weaknesses.

For example, a crat can own an MP. Crats can possess and MPs' pets and use them as their own pets. Imagine a crat with a transcendent enmity or demon plus their own ninja bot or c3po bot. We cant use a heal pet, crat will just take that too. Only chance of that not happening is to debuff the crat before they can charm our pets. Maybe a 50/50 chance of that happening. Even if an MP debuffs a crat in time, they can just use a lower ql root or mezz to take our pets out of action. Then it's just a duel between nukers pretty much (crat and MP have the best single target nukes in the game. Ours are faster, there's hits harder, comes out to about equal). Against other professions such as MA or enforcer, a crat won't do much. But I think they are the kings of the pet class in pvp. Like rock scissors paper or something.
    Best strategy is to nuke once with mind quake and lower the crat's nano skills by 100, then go right into nano shutdown to take away those nasty nukes the crat has.

Versus an enforcer, it all depends on run speed. Enforcers do sick damage on the frail body of a meta. Only a meta with good run speed will survive. sicc pet, Nuke, debuff biomet (stackable with mind quake this equals -220) to keep the enf from healing, curse of chronos, then get some distance while the attack pet and some sort of ranged weapon does its trick. It's all a matter of time. Evenutally, if we can just keep out of range of that beam, we will win. In close quarters (like one of the 0% rooms in wine) we die 95% of the time.

Versus an MA, I'm scared of MAs. Yeah, we can debuff their heals, but the bastards are so fast and their evades are so high and they HIT SO HARD that there's like a 45% chance of winning. I've beaten several MAs in the arena, but have been completely and utterly destroyed by others. I think an MA that knows what he is doing will beat an MP 85% of the time. I explained this to an MA friend of mine, he didn't believe me until we stepped into the arena and I got beaten so hard it made my alt characters bruise.

Vs. Traders: who can debuff who faster...But the trader is I think too tough for a meta 90% of the time.

Docs: Only doc I've fought got beaten pretty badly against me, but I think an experienced pvp doc can debuff our init so far down that we're a walking statue. docs can also debuff pets. Attack pet hits slower, heal pet heals slower.

Fixers: nanoshutdown

engis: I wont go into that

Agents: All depends on the agent. Ive beaten a few agents, but that doesnt make me uber. it was mostly luck and they had low hp, like REALLY low. Fight lasted 10 seconds. but the right agent can whup me. I'm not very good.

Soldiers: damage cap makes them way to ineffective to beat us, and for this I feel badly. there has to be some middle ground here. In my mind, I should get beaten by a soldier, yet Ive never lost to a soldier and that just isnt right.

Adventurer: eh, not too hard. I havent fought an adv, but my first char last year was an adventurer. Seems like a good debuff would end the party, but like I said, I have no base of reference for this.

Nt: The NT is going to die pretty fast

Vs another meta: Id like to see that fight, that would be interesting...

anything
    remember that outside buffing could even be a crat with 2slayers charmed =) and a wrangle on the chars when they run in the arena...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123