Thread: Healing changes?

Healing changes?

Was there a change to heals? I thought I read something about it but cant seem to find any details. Can anyone enlighten me?
    - Ruken -... 18X Martial Artist
    - Khorak -.. 17X Enforcer
    - Kethis -... 17X Engineer
    - Equillian -... 16X Soldier

End game MAs?

whoops
    Last edited by -Ruken-; Aug 5th, 2010 at 20:02:50. Reason: double type

We gonna be albe to heal about 2x better and a local cooldown instead of long recharges but it seems with the better healing, they gonna add a massive nanocost to the heals

ahh alright, thanks mate!

Thing is we aren't gonna be able to heal twice better. Well, let me explain.

Matrix of Ka, for example. Our last Healing, our best one as well. It currently has a 8s recharge. It'll have a 2s recharge and a 8s cooldown. Cooldown means you can swap stuff and everything while being through it.
    Its Nanocost will mostly be doubled. But exact numbers haven't been set yet, so there's good chance for it to be lowered, that means it will most likely NOT cost twice more Nano to cast.
    Instead of the 20s 50 HD that currently fires off MoK (Matrix of Ka) whenever you cast it, there will be some sort of HoT, that'll last 12s and will heal for 100 HPs every 2s.

There will be a sort of "MA Stance", called Zazen. That Stance will grant you a 100% healing efficiency, and a capped - % Nano Cost. Under this Stance though, you'll lose a couple of AR, probably half of your base MA Skill. Moreover, instead of the 100 HPs HoT every 2s for 12s that will normally execute whenever you'll cast MoK , it'll increase its power to result in having some 500 HPs HoT every 2s for 12s whenever you cast MoK.

Otherwise, our last Team Healing will see its requirements drastically decreased. Probably castable through NR2 at 220. Same thing, HoT effect and everything, but a bit less powerful.
    HoT stuff will work for every of our Healing. The 2s recharge/8s cooldown as well.

Hope I made it clear enough.
    Angevil, proud 220 MA from Rimor.
    Flourishing anew. About twelve GUI/Perk/Armor setups done so far, hopefully that one will outlast the criticism of my perfectionism!

Ars Magna. Histories became artifacts, images of poor effect, memories filled with acts and neglect
    As a vulture of cultures I indeed feed my seeds with much greed, soaked in pleasure I succeed

Just to clarify (Correct me if I go wrong)

Once one heals there will be a 2s recharge where no other nanos/swaps/ma attacks etc. can be executed.

After this 2s, swaps/ma attacks and other nanos such as damage buffs etc. can be executed but another heal cannot be executed for a further 6s

After this further 6s has passed, one can then cast another heal.

Is that right?

Also, the heal amount will not change but it will be possible to keep a constant 100hp per 2s HoT on you until you run out of nano
    (Which will essentially be sooner)

Then with the new stance the heal amount is doubled and the HoT amount is increased to 500 hp per 2s and the - % nano cost means you can keep this running for longer as you will not run out of nano as quickly.

Yes?
    Last edited by RimorRage; Aug 7th, 2010 at 01:38:01. Reason: Added Question

Quote Originally Posted by RimorRage View Post
    Just to clarify (Correct me if I go wrong)

Once one heals there will be a 2s recharge where no other nanos/swaps/ma attacks etc. can be executed.

After this 2s, swaps/ma attacks and other nanos such as damage buffs etc. can be executed but another heal cannot be executed for a further 6s

After this further 6s has passed, one can then cast another heal.

Is that right?

Also, the heal amount will not change but it will be possible to keep a constant 100hp per 2s HoT on you until you run out of nano
    (Which will essentially be sooner)

Then with the new stance the heal amount is doubled and the HoT amount is increased to 500 hp per 2s and the - % nano cost means you can keep this running for longer as you will not run out of nano as quickly.

Yes?
    more or less but in the stance you wont be able to hit much other then docs, solds, or mobs. As it Drains a % of your offencsive skills.

Point of Zazen would be to turn you into a pure healer while decreasing your damage. That's for PvE.

Question now is: How to make it work in PvP without making it either OP or useless? :P
    blah

Any preliminary details on how this wil afect the lower level heals?
    speaking for the tl5 twinks.

Quote Originally Posted by blood-red-fist View Post
    Any preliminary details on how this wil afect the lower level heals?
    speaking for the tl5 twinks.
    It's a % so exactly the same way, and if I understood correctly, ALL heals will have a 8s CD, 2s recharge.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brucelee2003 View Post
    If someone thinks he can win by dirty tricks - he totally wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrys View Post
    Damn nazis
    Edit: No Annarina we're not talking about you this time...

Why don't you merely read what I posted earlier on in this Thread. Meh, whatever. Lawl.
    Angevil, proud 220 MA from Rimor.
    Flourishing anew. About twelve GUI/Perk/Armor setups done so far, hopefully that one will outlast the criticism of my perfectionism!

Ars Magna. Histories became artifacts, images of poor effect, memories filled with acts and neglect
    As a vulture of cultures I indeed feed my seeds with much greed, soaked in pleasure I succeed

Easier to just ask and have Ange and Necc repeat what's already said
    Damn nazis

So 43.5k hp/min average in the new stance? That's not bad, an adventurer spamming bol is 36k hp/min. Still not good enough to be picked up as a healer in a pvm raid when docs heal 5x or more than an ma in stance of Zazen, but not bad...

Quote Originally Posted by Phargus View Post
    So 43.5k hp/min average in the new stance? That's not bad, an adventurer spamming bol is 36k hp/min. Still not good enough to be picked up as a healer in a pvm raid when docs heal 5x or more than an ma in stance of Zazen, but not bad...
    Don't forget this comes around with rebalancing, where Docs won't be able to spam BI anymore.
    Damn nazis

Quote Originally Posted by NoGoal View Post
    Point of Zazen would be to turn you into a pure healer while decreasing your damage. That's for PvE.

Question now is: How to make it work in PvP without making it either OP or useless? :P
    Be invincible until you want to attack something, unload alpha, switch back /lol.
    Don't be lonely anymore.

Look at your post, now back at mine. Now back to your post, now back at mine. Sadly, yours isn't mine, but if you stopped trolling and started posting legitimate comments it could look like mine. Look down, back up, where are you? You're scrolling through posts, reading the posts your posts could look like. Back at mine, it's a reply saying something you want to hear. Look again, my reply is now diamonds. Anything is possible when you think before you post.