Thread: HOW TO FIX (short-term) BS/NW TL5+

HOW TO FIX (short-term) BS/NW TL5+

Right now I see that NW is still the same. I would like to purpose a change.

151-200 (204 possible max) BS.
    Move the 205+ to 205-220 TL 7 BS.

This way it gives a chance to bring TL5 BS back up and running (while inviting TL6).

Also, to involve NW...change the level ranges so it is not so out of control. Lower it so TL 5 twinks aren't being attacked by TL 7 twinks. That way, the 190-200 twinks would still be attacked by up to 220 and to support fair use in NW. So in short, 214 twinks became a catch/release time situation.

This needs to be changed in SOME WAY, regardless.

It really stinks right now because 151-174 BS is dead (and Notum War levels don't line up at ALL with BS). Why not bring TL 5 twinks in line with S7 twinks.
    Last edited by tharss; Nov 7th, 2010 at 05:07:16.
    Ctrlaltwin. Man. Legend.

make a 150 twink if you missing BS ....
    Jick- teh cursed one
    Demonictus- da shade
    Frogy - shield gimp
    Kamehame - KUNGfriikingFU
    and many others....

Send a tell to Jekonam, he seems to know whats best.
    This was what I was wearing. Tell me I asked for it

Quote Originally Posted by Marinegent View Post
    Soldier reflects just flat out need to be much stronger all the time (70%~ at level 220 at all times...)
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowgod View Post
    the day our pets last forever, like yours, is the day your reqs will be lowered.
    Quote Originally Posted by Obtena View Post
    To be fair, you are lucky the mods are as forgiving as they are.
    Quote Originally Posted by Obtena View Post
    your an idiot

Avoiding TL7s is simple: Don't level up so high.

The level ranges used to be a lot more harsh than this. At one time a 220 could attack a 150 and an era of 149 twinks was born.

150-160 is plenty good enough to deal with TL5 towers, people going further than that should already know they enter the range of TL7s, just for another perk. People are happy to go to 174 for the best advantage against 150s-160s in BS, they shouldn't complain when that advantage becomes a disadvantage at towers.

Yes it's lame bringing TL7s to a TL5 fight, but it happens and is well within the rules of the game. All those TL5s decided to level into range of TL7s then complain about it. This isn't new.
    Member of Spartans
    Hacre/Solitus/Keeper/220/29/70 - Ninpopotamus/Solitus/NT/220/30/70 - Charmming/Opifex/Crat/220/30/70
    Quote Originally Posted by randomalpha View Post
    in the end soldier is not Op or even near from that never was never will be just for the record only keepers are the ones before soldiers on the nerfest list
    Genius at work.

What is wrong with 151-204 BS? 205-220 BS?

Even if you have to keep notum wars the same, don't punish people for wanting to have a BS running. 101+ should almost ALWAYS have an active BS available to players who chose to do the dailies.
    Ctrlaltwin. Man. Legend.

Oh I'm all for things that make BS run more often, but while the level ranges in NW can kinda suck at times, they're not the huge deal people make them out to be.
    Member of Spartans
    Hacre/Solitus/Keeper/220/29/70 - Ninpopotamus/Solitus/NT/220/30/70 - Charmming/Opifex/Crat/220/30/70
    Quote Originally Posted by randomalpha View Post
    in the end soldier is not Op or even near from that never was never will be just for the record only keepers are the ones before soldiers on the nerfest list
    Genius at work.

I do think there are worse issues to AO currently (I do not agree Hacre, but there is already enough threads about NW issues), I just want to see everyone have an active BS running. No title range should get punished, and right now TL 5-7 (minus 215+) is.

Give TL 5/6 a BS.
    Give TL7 a BS.

If you agree, bump this and let it be known.
    Last edited by tharss; Nov 7th, 2010 at 05:25:37.
    Ctrlaltwin. Man. Legend.

interesting i just did a 215-220 bs went nice and smooth, ofc omni won ftw, if you really need VPs for tokens, armor, nanos stop at 214 or 150 and do it then, if you allready pass 214 im sorry, you will acctualy have to wait couple mins for BS to start, its obvious there are less people playing then before (at least on rk2), so would like Funcom to fix the "bugged" BSes and the ones when you start and all is allready capped then the ranges. If you just want plain simple pvp , flag in bor..
    Jick- teh cursed one
    Demonictus- da shade
    Frogy - shield gimp
    Kamehame - KUNGfriikingFU
    and many others....

Quote Originally Posted by Jick View Post
    interesting i just did a 215-220 bs went nice and smooth, ofc omni won ftw, if you really need VPs for tokens, armor, nanos stop at 214 or 150 and do it then, if you allready pass 214 im sorry, you will acctualy have to wait couple mins for BS to start, its obvious there are less people playing then before (at least on rk2), so would like Funcom to fix the "bugged" BSes and the ones when you start and all is allready capped then the ranges. If you just want plain simple pvp , flag in bor..
    Yeah, I had this character from over FOUR years ago. He is level 158. What I am saying is, is that there should NOT be any BS above 100 not running. Especially on RK2, and I have been trying for over 2 hours to get a legit 151-174 running, I mean it only requires FOUR people!

This needs to change, and even if they want to change it again...at least do this so people can get their dailies in, and even then 151-204 wouldn't run THAT much extra. Just enough to matter...look how much 101-150 blew up vs. the old 150-174. Even 151-204 wouldn't be running all that much, but it would matter as S7's would have a good reason to PvP.

Hell, right now there is 8 clan v only 2 omni queue'd. As numbers die out, it would be nice to AT LEAST see them make it to where get 8 and start the game. Clan vs clan, omni vs omni. Just get BS running...

Even cross server RK1 vs RK2. Just get BS active.
    Last edited by tharss; Nov 7th, 2010 at 06:33:58.
    Ctrlaltwin. Man. Legend.

The main problem isnt the tl7 designed to kill the TL5's its the fact he can be pocketed by someone they cant attack, where is the fun in a 165 getting attacked by a 207 with a 220 pocket. easy solution, if you heal someone has or is dealing to someone who is out of the healers pvp range, then they get a different type of flag, enabling anyone any level to attack them who is in the 165's range so that what 130ish+ - 220 being allowed to attack the 220.

but the 220 can only defending itself against its normal pvp range, 175+?

my method might not make sense atm, typed it fast to get back to the match, will edit if it needs it.
    Quote Originally Posted by McKnuckleSamwich View Post
    considering how many ranged advies omni has, clan did quite a job.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ciex View Post
    Ive rolled NT and rarely make it longer than 3-4s vs fixers.
    Talking whats OP and whats not by people who have never really played so told OP profession is just lame.

Quote Originally Posted by tharss View Post
    . What I am saying is, is that there should NOT be any BS above 100 not running.
    Why only 100? What about people with lower level chars that need VP?
    Deadfroobs - 18 agent- Work in progress
    Reidsangry - 30 enf - Work in progress
    Reidsmp - 76 mp
    Reidsagent - 95 agent/enf
    Reidsdrainz - 114 agent
    Reidscrat - 161 crat
    Reids - 218 crat
    Reidventurer - 220 advy
    Reidsma - 220 MA

Quote Originally Posted by reids View Post
    Why only 100? What about people with lower level chars that need VP?
    I feel the largest population of froobs/non-twinks happen pre-100. I also feel a good chunk of the 100+ are NOT froobs.

With that said, why not. 1-49, 50-100. Should give it several runs a day at both ones.

Either way, 151-174 <--> 175-214 are two TERRIBLE ranges for BS. I am sure you agree Reids.
    Ctrlaltwin. Man. Legend.

Quote Originally Posted by tharss View Post
    I feel the largest population of froobs/non-twinks happen pre-100. I also feel a good chunk of the 100+ are NOT froobs.

With that said, why not. 1-49, 50-100. Should give it several runs a day at both ones.

Either way, 151-174 <--> 175-214 are two TERRIBLE ranges for BS. I am sure you agree Reids.
    Personally for me i'd be happy with a 50-100 BS, although it would be too one-sided, would be like a 101 vs a 150 on the 101-150 BS (almost impossible to kill a twinked 150 as a twinked 101-118 toon).

I do also agree that the 175-214 BS is a terrible range, 3 TLs in one BS is a bad idea, but then it's also a range where you don't see many twinks, TL5 twinks generally stop at 174, anyone that levels above that is most likely going for 220 and will spend their time doing other things than BS. So it's a catch 22 - Split the ranges and kill that BS or leave it as it is - populated and active.
    Deadfroobs - 18 agent- Work in progress
    Reidsangry - 30 enf - Work in progress
    Reidsmp - 76 mp
    Reidsagent - 95 agent/enf
    Reidsdrainz - 114 agent
    Reidscrat - 161 crat
    Reids - 218 crat
    Reidventurer - 220 advy
    Reidsma - 220 MA