Thread: Prefs - Where did it go?

Prefs - Where did it go?

So yea, i reinstalled AO cause it was impossible to get the patch working, i saved my current prefs in a folder, then reinstalled.. i installed, inserted my prefs, i started game, and there it was.. no prefs.. what has happened? did i do something wrong?

Thanks in advance /Oliver
    Thapetowner
    Hardcore
    Ilovetokill
    Critterz
    Awaaa

Check if you have duplicate prefs folders after you copied in the old ones?
    Sorhan 220/30/70 fix * Aeschines 220/30/70 crat * Mengqi 220/30/70 sol * Hephaistion 220/30/67 adv
    President of the Obsidian Order - Join us today!

i took out the new prefs to place the old ones, meaning i didint have the two pref folders in same map at the time.
    Thapetowner
    Hardcore
    Ilovetokill
    Critterz
    Awaaa

Didn't they do something and made it so it saves your prefs on their server?
    Renowned jester of the double AS Tigress

MP in sneak eNSDed me and did about 20k damage in 10-12 seconds

Quote Originally Posted by -Klod- View Post
    Didn't they do something and made it so it saves your prefs on their server?
    Dude if FC tries to sell my awesome GUI in the IGShop I had totally better get a cut....

@OP I successfully moved my maps from a backup some time ago, and I'm sure you've had success doing this before as well. To be sure, however:

1. Did you backup the entire prefs folder, or for just a CharXXX?
    2. Now that you've logged in at least once, have you tried repasting the prefs info again? Maybe some file was corrupted, or a new file was created in a recent patch or something. Try overwriting rather than simply replacing.

Best,
    Gora

Solving common installation/patching issues, especially on Vista or Win7

Also, do you in fact have anything in the backup Prefs? I have no idea what happens to the virtual store when the app it was created for gets uninstalled, but knowing MS, it may not get deleted along with it as they usually just leave all the unneeded stuff behind; it's not their storage space afterall so why not waste it.

Anyway, check to see if you got your real Prefs backed up, see if you can recover it if not, and move AO to some other location to prevent this in the future.

"All things point to that they didn't play to win, but for the game itself and to play well. ... Later in their evolution, they forgot all about playing and having fun. When their corrupted minds only cared for what new ways they could gain power, there was no room for the simple things in life."
    - One Who Will Always Listen
    "Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment."
    - Librarian Isador Aikos, W40k: Dawn of War
    "If you want to make enemies... try to change something."
    - Adam Jensen, Deus Ex: Human Revolution