Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Any ETA on the new engine?

Any ETA on the new engine?

Yes I'm fully aware that it's been said that the new engine might be released q1 2011. We are at the beginning of that quarter now. So is there a better guesstimate that we can have?

If so I'd like to have it. I log on every day to see if there is any NW going. Nope. Any lowbie bs? Nope. Any city pvp? Nope. On top of that at least in my org online numbers have dwindled considerably and judging by tracker/auno numbers the free month basically did nothing for the population as a whole.

Noone to talk to. Noone to team with. Noone to fight. I love AO but I can't keep paying over 500 kr a month (3 accounts) forever for a game that just isn't happening.

So. I'm asking for an honest answer now so I can determine if I should cancel and check in later or stay in game. I could stay if the engine is due within a month or so. But otherwise I'm going to save some money.

I hope we can get an answer to this question. I know ALOT of ppl who feel the same way.

I've personally paid over 25000 kr (us d 4000) for the game over the last 5-6 years. I think the very least that means that I as a customer should be entitled to have an honest estimate. And an estimate that is THIS close to the claimed actual release should be quite accurate. If you disagree I will consider that the same as you saying the engine is nowhere near completion.

Thank you in advance for the answer.
    Last edited by Noobius76; Jan 9th, 2011 at 18:23:14.

It is a safe bet the engine won't be released q1 2011, as we haven't seen much of the engine yet, only some faces and short scenery vids. I guess it won't be released before The Secret World, if devs are even working on it anymore. My advice is to stop paying for it, if you arent enjoying it in its state.

{edited by Anarrina: removed as inappropriate}
    Last edited by Anarrina; Jan 9th, 2011 at 16:05:31.

Lol nice one means:P

btw i need a chat whit you when u have time.
    regards Espen.
    Thabeast 220 Engineer
    Rylourne 220 Enforcer
    Annasan 220 Soldier
    Annamorgane 220 doc
    Psyfreakout 220 crat
    Nanobots 220 Nano-Technician
    Shadowlordi 220 shade
    Ifixnotalot 220Fixer
    Milajojovich 213 Agent (soon to be 220)
    SneakyBeast 200 Agent

Equilibrium

nice, our beloved game director took the time to edit a post right under your OP pp, but didt bother with answering your question,,,, i think this will have to be answer enuff for you

personally i fell exactly the same as you write, and decided i cant just justify 30 euro/ month for a game in such state as current, with all ETA 's missed by months/years, and rarely any promise kept

if the new engine comes out someday, i will be back to check it out, i might even be back before (if?) this happen if ill get bored and/or nostalgic, but right now i prefer to stay away
    The most obvious MB on Rubi-Ka
    Insane666 ( 220/30/70 ) Solitus Soldier Insanity669 ( 220/30/70 ) NanoMage Doc Insanity699 ( 220/30/70 ) NanoMage MP
    Insanity696 ( 220/30/70 ) Solitus Bureaucrat Insane669 ( 220/30/70 ) Solitus Fixer Insanity666 ( 220/30/70 ) NanoMage NT

Insane699 ( 164/22 ) Solitus Trader Insane969 ( 150/20 ) S10 Trox Smurf

Omni-Tek
    Hells Hero for a decade, now a Punk
    spreading insanity all over rk, since 2005

Was that a real edit or some joke?

It was not a real edit, but a quote from Means from another thread entirely, with the timestamp altered to make it appear as if it was edited. Nor is comparing the new engine to domestic violence appropriate.
    Coordinator Anarrina
    Public Forums Moderation Team Lead
    Community Relations Department

Advisors of Rubi-Ka

Forum Social Guidelines // Social Events with ARK // Rubi-Ka Marriage Registry // ARK Tours // Join ARK!

A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one. -- GRRM

fake edits. real edits have the name of the person who last edited it under them iirc

actually might have been a joke, since now the part is edited, but by annarina

i still doubt you will get any response whatsoever tho, same as the 100 threads asking same thing before
    The most obvious MB on Rubi-Ka
    Insane666 ( 220/30/70 ) Solitus Soldier Insanity669 ( 220/30/70 ) NanoMage Doc Insanity699 ( 220/30/70 ) NanoMage MP
    Insanity696 ( 220/30/70 ) Solitus Bureaucrat Insane669 ( 220/30/70 ) Solitus Fixer Insanity666 ( 220/30/70 ) NanoMage NT

Insane699 ( 164/22 ) Solitus Trader Insane969 ( 150/20 ) S10 Trox Smurf

Omni-Tek
    Hells Hero for a decade, now a Punk
    spreading insanity all over rk, since 2005

I'd very much apreciate it if ppl could keep any smart ass and in some cases distasteful views to themselves.

I have a simple question and i'm waiting for a simple answer. Let's not derail this thread please.
    Last edited by Noobius76; Jan 9th, 2011 at 16:13:51.

"keep paying over 500 kr a month (3 accounts)"

Når ble det så dyrt? Sist jeg regnet på det skulle 3 bli cirka 2200-2300 kr i året. Er en stund siden

Bump for removing all negative comments. Shall i really tell that im 100% sure new engine will be here tomorrow to keep my comment?
    Asasello, Sottcapo, Ciex, Rychu, Ciek, Zomowiec, Ciekafsky, Rysiek, Chinaski, Libertarian, Propertarian.

Relax everybody. Only reason it will not come in Q1 cause they have to move to canada...
    See what i did there ?

lets wait for the minister of propaganda to show up and tell us the gospel of what went wrong this time and that despite all the best intentions nobody could have ever foreseen that the the engine would be delayed once again.

Quote Originally Posted by Dummy View Post
    "keep paying over 500 kr a month (3 accounts)"

Når ble det så dyrt? Sist jeg regnet på det skulle 3 bli cirka 2200-2300 kr i året. Er en stund siden
    Today the euro equals 9 SEK today and the monthly fee for us who don't wish to tie us up longer than absolutely necessary to FC is 17,19 euro. That equals 154,71 SEK today. Which in turn with 3 accounts equals 464,13 SEK.

However the euro was historically much higher than this. So on average it was well over 500 SEK.

SEK=svenska kronor btw.

Ofcourse the sum would be higher had I added the cost of all the expansions I've bought through these years.
    Last edited by Noobius76; Jan 9th, 2011 at 17:34:25.

I'm also curious about the answer to this question. I've been playing since 2004 and the engine has been promised for like what.. 3 years (or am I imagining that??). I remember Means talking to us in-game and he stated that the engine would be released by the end of last year... I think I read someplace that the next estimate given was Q1 2011.

Everyone wants to be positive and such.. I'm a fan of the game myself (obviously) but when you are given false information repeatedly you do start to wonder if it is just a ploy to get you to continue to pay subscription fees. I mean if someone tells you "we'll have it in 3 months" that will probably get you to continue to pay for another 3 months rather than cancel and come back. If at the end of that 3 months they tell you its going to be just 6 months longer because of XYZ <insert semi-reasonable yet unacceptable excuse here> then again.. you might be tempted to believe them THIS time and continue to pay and play... but how long will that continue to go on?

I agree with someone that posted before. At this point, it is safe to say that you either play the game for what it is (or isn't) in its current state or just stop paying. For those that say "the engine doesn't matter' I just want to add that it isn't a matter of graphics but being lied to as a customer that matters to many. Certainly you wouldn't accept this type of thing from any other service provider.. we accept it with AO because we've already invested so much time in it that it can be, at times, tough to throw that away and uninstall the game.
    You can find me at:
    Battlenet @ Marilata#1680
    Steam @ http://steamcommunity.com/id/marilata

the majority of the playerbase voted, to give the quality result the priorities instead of a fast and buggy release.
    they mainly mentioned, noone cares how long it will take, as long as it will be awesome when it comes.

Doh, just stop playing and that's about it.
    Renowned jester of the double AS Tigress

MP in sneak eNSDed me and did about 20k damage in 10-12 seconds

Quote Originally Posted by raw_fox View Post
    the majority of the playerbase voted, to give the quality result the priorities instead of a fast and buggy release.
    they mainly mentioned, noone cares how long it will take, as long as it will be awesome when it comes.
    I fully agree. Except noone ever vote and noone ever said that.

Take a look at Quitters post in my sig. And that was half a year ago... 'Nuff said.

Also, the 4y is coming up. Can't wait!
    Last edited by Strupstad; Jan 9th, 2011 at 21:26:39.
    Kintaii: Genele is more hardcore than you, your guildmates, and anyone else you've ever played with...

My pvp stats: Duel wins: 945 / losses: 368 - Solo kills: 5632 / team: 7511

My org mate: Solo kills: 24 933 / Team: 683

Quote Originally Posted by Strupstad View Post
    Take a look at Quitters post in my sig. And that was half a year ago... 'Nuff said.
    I was looking for that guy/his signature I also wonder what ever happened to the mentor program.
    You can find me at:
    Battlenet @ Marilata#1680
    Steam @ http://steamcommunity.com/id/marilata

Quote Originally Posted by Traderjill View Post
    I was looking for that guy/his signature I also wonder what ever happened to the mentor program.
    The only good thing to come out of the mentor program is the ability to spam /mentor invites on people when you're losing to them in a duel, as a sort of final resort to stay alive
    Kintaii: Genele is more hardcore than you, your guildmates, and anyone else you've ever played with...

My pvp stats: Duel wins: 945 / losses: 368 - Solo kills: 5632 / team: 7511

My org mate: Solo kills: 24 933 / Team: 683

Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast