Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Agent end game setup

Agent end game setup

How does an agent setup today look like? What's the norm cookie cutter setups?
    Borris2 - 220/30 Martial Artist

Andarsmann - 100/10 Trader

Borris1 - 30/3 Enforcer

Mmm...my equip http://auno.org/ao/equip.php?saveid=146997 . For me it's the best all around equip to use whether doing NW or messing around on BS. I can swap chest/util/hud as needed. I often sport an upgraded Jathos chest for the 900hp when I don't have an HP tower (atm AR/Def towers so I'm using Jathos). I swap scope in against traders/advies/shades and some NT when mass pvping.

I suppose if I were opifex I'd have more flexibility in hot swapping a lot of armor.

edit: I also go between atrox primary genome for MR and Made for the extra 51 evades and 51 AS plus TS. Just depends on what the most active opponent is...crats and some fixers can get annoying so a few MR's and they usually leave me alone. Can be good fun MR ganking meeping fixers in grief defense tooo.

2nd edit: Also forgot I would LOVE to get my hands on one of these. I saw Switz has one...definitely the best head item for an agent. Probably for a lot of other profession too.
    Last edited by Tinypain; Mar 7th, 2011 at 16:52:48.
    220/30/70 - Atrox Agent - Tinypain
    220/30/70 - Atrox Keeper - Ivekeeper
    220/25/70 - Atrox Fixer - Zedy
    220/30/70 - Solitus Soldier - Tequiila
    172/20/35 - Nanomage Agent - Nanocide
    Storm

See my signature - goal and new goal links.
    Lupusceleri L220/30/70 Agent -- Advisor of Spartans -- equip endgame AR setup endgame def setup <3 Azs wearer of Cheree's pants
    Arrowsmith -- Arafellin -- Alphacenta -- Aesculapias -- Wolfseye -- Lysdexic

TL5 enf twink: im out those MPs are to overpowered

crattey: The Balance Discussion forum. Where common sense goes to die.

@Tinypain, why would you say the subspace mesh is so good? I have 2 of them, but I rarley use on any of my toons... It gives so little of all, I prefere to use a s13 upgraded head mostly

@Lupus, I remember trying to find -cost clusters before... Tried forever, never found though.. Did you?

In general you both seem to go for so little hp, you both seem to focus evades more really. Why do you do that as you can't really get enough evades to make it counts vs profs such as enforcer and others that just want to alpha you.. And what's your AR/Def/HP in these setups?
    Last edited by borriss; Mar 8th, 2011 at 08:16:41.

Borris1 - 30/3 Enforcer

Quote Originally Posted by borriss View Post
    @Tinypain, why would you say the subspace mesh is so good? I have 2 of them, but I rarley use on any of my toons... It gives so little of all, I prefere to use a s13 upgraded head mostly
    12 evades + 6 abilities + 24 AAD = more Def than CSS, plus 30ish offense too.
    The Fine Arts:
    Mime | Surgery | Zen
    The Traitor

Xirayne: I couldn't care less about who is clueless or what the exact definition "real" pvp is in ao, I want "fun" pvp!

Quote Originally Posted by SultryVoltron View Post
    12 evades + 6 abilities + 24 AAD = more Def than CSS, plus 30ish offense too.
    Yea, but what happened to always prioritize AS skill:P Guess that was alittle 2006?

Borris1 - 30/3 Enforcer

@Lupus, I remember trying to find -cost clusters before... Tried forever, never found though.. Did you?
    I've always farmed my -cost clusters off Global Market Search for a cheap price. Which would imply that they're still dropping *somewhere*.

In general you both seem to go for so little hp, you both seem to focus evades more really. Why do you do that as you can't really get enough evades to make it counts vs profs such as enforcer and others that just want to alpha you.. And what's your AR/Def/HP in these setups?
    The optimum hp for a pvp Agent is around 19-21k for most situations. We can always swap some armor to gain additional hp when really needed.

If all you're interested in is duels then I would say go for an AR setup with decent HP and good -cost, similar to the RK1 "goal" link.

As for why we make evade setups, it becomes very noticeable if you aren't fighting perfect 220/30/70 endgame toons OR if you're teaming up with an evade aura prof (adv/crat/keep). Such as on the BS, or at Tarasque, or NW, or Borealis brawling. Really makes a big difference in general PvP, which was VERY noticeable for me when I went from nearly endgame AR setup ("goal") to nearly endgame Def setup ("new goal") on my RK1 Agent within a day or two.

My stats on RK1 without towers are around 19k self IIRC, 2.9k-3k def, 2.9k-3k AR. Possibility to perk NR1/NR2 and still cast stuff I need to cast. An Opifex would have around 1k more hp and 50ish more evades/AR with the exact same setup because of breed differences, things I have had to sacrifice to gain my 5k absorb. Not that I regret going nanomage one bit.

Yea, but what happened to always prioritize AS skill:P Guess that was alittle 2006?
    It was. No longer a sin to get rid of the 275 TSVE.
    Lupusceleri L220/30/70 Agent -- Advisor of Spartans -- equip endgame AR setup endgame def setup <3 Azs wearer of Cheree's pants

Quote Originally Posted by Lupusceleri View Post
    It was. No longer a sin to get rid of the 275 TSVE.
    You don't even notice VS enfs? Or soldiers?

Borris1 - 30/3 Enforcer

Edit:-cost reduce isn't rollable but the ND are. My bad
    Last edited by Zwelgje; Mar 8th, 2011 at 16:39:03.

Self buffed I sit around 3.1k defense evade-clc/dodge-rng with a little less in duck, maybe 3k or 2950ish. I have approximately 1.1k aad with xan buff (which is easy to get). I sit at 19.3k HP, which I think is perfect for me, but can be dropped below 18k or go as high as 21k with the movement of a few items.

Dropping HP made a little sense when you only dealt with specials because no one could perk you, but now it's usually better to go up if you need to.

Anyways, the defense setup is really the optimum setup imo. You have decent evades compared to a pure AR setup. I've seen people get facerolled by fixers/soldiers multiple times when I can 1v1 that same soldier or fixer without much issue. The evades really do work on those specials.

As for enfs if I'm next to a crat then they cannot run brawl based perks on me, which is a huge advantage. If there is an MA and advy on BS then I'm going to have wolf/istare/RI for another ~200 evades. Add ICRT for another +50. Teaming the advy gets you another 96 if your in wolf etc...it all adds up and having your setup geared towards that defense is what makes it really count when you get those buffs.

Yes, self buffed it's not a godmode defense like it was pre-le, but with a few buffs (which is expected today) you can be pretty devastating and more so against people who really slacked on their equipment and setups.

Oh and about the SSD...basically what Sultry said. It's also got +12 sharp object and the +AAO is always great to have because it goes towards all of your perks and it's doubled for AI perks.

Edit:

Forgot to mention my AR. Generally it's 3.1k + bullseye for another 350 + IGW for another 120 AS and 65 rifle. If I've perked MR then it doesn't really matter. If I'm perked Made then certain players can be unperkable, but I have survivability with my evades to usually last long enough for them to make a mistake and let me perk them (certain advys fit this category). Prof like Crats/Fixers usually lack the healing to last too long against AS and regulars. If the fixer is high HP and has PNH/IOR then you will probably die if they are decent with their toolset and get lucky with FA eventually.

MA's too...they can be perked eventually and are probably the most dangerous after enfs because of the high dmg, stun ability and init debuffs. Most are opi for opi blind too, which doesn't help. Enfs are just evil, but Srompu taught me to focus on surviving more than anything. If you can survive their entire barrage of perks then they are %&#@ed if they stick around to fight you. Sometimes beating a player is just surviving if they always chose to run when they can't kill you. They are frustrated and your still alive That's a win-win combo.
    Last edited by Tinypain; Mar 8th, 2011 at 17:10:27.
    Storm

It looks like a decent setup, but I don't think ACDC will be obtained at first.

Howver MA's won't ever be perked without MR, if they are they should be really badly equipped On mine even in the most offensive setups I'm never under 3.6k def with limber, and rarley under 3,8k.

Soften up will always land, and depending on your aimed shot Tranquilize will land too... As soften up is 50% check and Tranq 80%... But if you strip the VE I'm thinking Tranq should be hard to land aswell? It uses aimed shot as attack skill

But really all the agent has to do vs MA is run, it's your best defense by far - from playing on the MA side at least it feels that way.

How much AS skill do you usually run with in these setups? Gonna be gathering gear for my agent now:P what a long road ahead

Borris1 - 30/3 Enforcer

I'm pretty sure Letah can perk you, I think she/he FP/TP's like a billion times and runs around in fp enf usually :P

In a perfect scenario for the MA they obviously won't be perkable when having either dof or limber up. I don't walk up to an MA and announce "HEY! I'm about to perk you! Please cycle dof/limber now!".

I've perked plenty of MA's who aren't paying attention on the BS or in NW.
    Storm

Howver MA's won't ever be perked without MR, if they are they should be really badly equipped On mine even in the most offensive setups I'm never under 3.6k def with limber, and rarley under 3,8k.
    Actually, with that much def I would have perked you without MR on my nanomage Agent, back when I was still running around in an offensive setup. See the RK1 "goal" setup.

No way I can do it with regular perks, but ... throw in enough AAO, and I will be able to land AI perks (Fuzz, Feast, Frenzy, Confinement) on you during DoF downtime. Maybe landed a Tear of Oedipus too.

That is in Mimic Doc with somewhere between 19k-20k hp and QL250 towers. Possibly had Wen-Wen up as well, which is +100 AAO.

What about CS? How much AS AR do you all have with scope and off setup?

Quote Originally Posted by Lupusceleri View Post
    Actually, with that much def I would have perked you without MR on my nanomage Agent, back when I was still running around in an offensive setup. See the RK1 "goal" setup.

No way I can do it with regular perks, but ... throw in enough AAO, and I will be able to land AI perks (Fuzz, Feast, Frenzy, Confinement) on you during DoF downtime. Maybe landed a Tear of Oedipus too.

That is in Mimic Doc with somewhere between 19k-20k hp and QL250 towers. Possibly had Wen-Wen up as well, which is +100 AAO.
    Off setups are only when fighting certain profs in duels:P As I said BS is almost never played with under 3700 before limber actually... So 3900 with limber, and I juggle them 100% of the time if I'm attackable on bs:P or Bor pvp/NW.
    Do you perk that? I would see it more likely to be perked by CS, as it uses AS skill as attack skill, how much AS skill in a offensive setup?

Anyway looking forward to gearing agent up and playing =)

Borris1 - 30/3 Enforcer

maybe not 4k AR in doc but enf sure. Im always fp enf @ NW sometimes in bor if for a quick gank.
    Switzerland Atrox Agent on Rimor, Proud Member of Devil Inside

Need Plvl? 5-150

RK2- Switzerland Shankz Newzealand Interpol Switzz
    Switzernuke Switznuke41 Switznuke90

RK1-Switzerland Switznuke9 Switznuke40 Switznuke90

Off setups are only when fighting certain profs in duels:P
    Plenty of agents on rk1 run around in offensive setups regularly. Some people don't believe in evade setups and others don't have access to towers/contracts to make it worth attempting. I remember having limited access to gear and I tried an evade setup...sure I got evades, but I had like 2750ar and couldn't kill anything and required MR a lot. I went full offense and relied on 23k HP and CH to keep me alive. I think at one point I even had like 25k HP, but it was OBed and not very fun against capped specials.
    Storm

Quote Originally Posted by Switzerland View Post
    maybe not 4k AR in doc but enf sure. Im always fp enf @ NW sometimes in bor if for a quick gank.

Well in group pvp situations you get more def than you get AR so I would say it should be harder in NW
    I do want to say though, that if an MA has HHAB/heal perks ready it's impossible to gank alone by almost any profession if MA is alert!

Borris1 - 30/3 Enforcer

http://auno.org/ao/equip.php?saveid=168750

I am kinda afk'ish (leveling on rk4, hai!) but this is AR/Perception. Opifex 220/30/70. Squishy but deadly enough with my playstyle. It's fun for a stealthlover at least

Quote Originally Posted by Weltall View Post
    I'm pretty sure Letah can perk you, I think she/he FP/TP's like a billion times and runs around in fp enf usually :P
    Hey, I love playing FP-enfo yes (lol@fear) . Combat FP depends on bs-participants.

Gotten some cranky tells from crats/shades/fixers/advs so I would doubt trox agent would dodge anything. Test =)
    Last edited by Lletah; Apr 9th, 2011 at 02:33:34.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast