Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Replacement for reflects on OFAB backpiece

Quote Originally Posted by Hatech View Post
    DAMN

You guys are serious whiners.

I haven't seen one reply that actually had anything to do with topic.

I just want something nice added to the ofab soldier backpiece, when the only reason I have for wearing it, is taken away.
    Says the guy whining about the loss of reflects on ofab back...

AAO, stamina, psychic, AC's, one special skill, about 300-500 max health.

What exactly are you wanting?

A heal delta bonus might be a decent replacement.

My tone is a direct reflection of your attitude.

220 Wiseguy - Bureaucrat
    ... and a bevy of underequipped 220's

Account Created 16 July 2001

Quote Originally Posted by Waffen View Post
    A heal delta bonus might be a decent replacement.
    Yeah, like 102.
    Gunfytr 220/30/70 Soldier Lawdog80 220/30/70 Advy
    Quote Originally Posted by Kintaii View Post
    Because we said so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarrina View Post
    I am unamused. I strongly suggest you don't unamuse me further
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    This nano blocks CH. This is intended.

This is aint soldier that we all expexted , from what i read all proffesion geting " OP " stuff . Don't know from where was that great ideea with 80 % reflect cap , geting 20% dmg is a big deal , you will get 3k dmg from FA 2600 dmg from AS maybe soldier will be able to outheal this . But lets putt soldier in anather situation when soldier will AMS at 20% HP , I dont think soldier can heal in 40 sec hes new huge HP + 80% reflects even with 80 HD
    - Soldier will get 320 HD self ( lets say , maybe more / maybe less ) in 11 sec he will heal 3520 HP and he will get 3k FA dmg = soldier will heal only 520 HP )
    - only way to survive longer is to go reflect setup ,new PNS ->45% reflect + back->5%reflect + Deflection Amplifier->2%+reflect bracer->7% => 59 % reflect
    I dont think anyone of us will sacrifice DB bracer + alb brace for 7 reflect boost=> 52% reflect still not good enafe
    - Feel sorry for a good profesion like Soldier to be nerfed so bad

Quote Originally Posted by Numavezi1 View Post
    This is aint soldier that we all expexted , from what i read all proffesion geting " OP " stuff . Don't know from where was that great ideea with 80 % reflect cap , geting 20% dmg is a big deal , you will get 3k dmg from FA 2600 dmg from AS maybe soldier will be able to outheal this . But lets putt soldier in anather situation when soldier will AMS at 20% HP , I dont think soldier can heal in 40 sec hes new huge HP + 80% reflects even with 80 HD
    - Soldier will get 320 HD self ( lets say , maybe more / maybe less ) in 11 sec he will heal 3520 HP and he will get 3k FA dmg = soldier will heal only 520 HP )
    - only way to survive longer is to go reflect setup ,new PNS ->45% reflect + back->5%reflect + Deflection Amplifier->2%+reflect bracer->7% => 59 % reflect
    I dont think anyone of us will sacrifice DB bracer + alb brace for 7 reflect boost=> 52% reflect still not good enafe
    - Feel sorry for a good profesion like Soldier to be nerfed so bad
    The extra HD we're getting is replacing the HD we get from our HP buff, so soldiers won't be at 320 HD. It will be more like 250 standing HD, which will heal 1250 in 11 seconds. Our HP buff will give us an extra 4k HP.

The extra HD isn't static, it only lasts for 2 minutes after we've AMSed, so if we get debuffed and aren't able to cast AMS we won't be getting that HD and will end up with less HD than we have currently.

Also, the % heal effeciency is removed from AMS, but we'll get an increase in the healing from one of our Collosal Health healperks.

Funcom have said they plan to remove reflect from items so we won't be able to twink reflects anymore, so when NTs, engies, and traders debuff our reflects we won't be able to twink them to reduce the amount that we're debuffed. The engie reflect ripper will be slightly lower though.

NTs will no longer nuke 100% through our reflects, but instead of them debuffing us by 100% for 1 second, we will be debuffed by 35% for 15 seconds, which is probably just as bad in a team PvP environment.

So defensively, it's not very good for us and we have been nerfed. However, our offense may be getting much more reliable so let's be patient and see how the item rebalance goes and see if we get any improvements to make FA more reliable.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aGDr69VOv6g

Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar and sometimes bullcrap really is what it seems to be, bullcrap.

We all would like to think that somehow FC will pull a rabbit out of their hat or add a secret ingredient to this mess that will correct the imbalance we all see coming. But.. who actually believes that they will show some clarity then when they seem to show so little now?

I sure don't. I predict that soldiers (among others) will be just as useless as it now SEEMS they will be. I'll be pointing to this thread when I am proven right.
    Last edited by Noobius76; Apr 9th, 2011 at 18:45:18.

Quote Originally Posted by Questra View Post
    NTs will no longer nuke 100% through our reflects, but instead of them debuffing us by 100% for 1 second, we will be debuffed by 35% for 15 seconds, which is probably just as bad in a team PvP environment.
    If you can't kill a sold without without slapping -30% reflect, AMS should be adjusted, the debuffs are pretty useless to the game for me.

On the topic, which back item would your replace ofab with ?
    Last edited by boltgun; Apr 10th, 2011 at 13:19:23.
    Server first !!! Neutral Solitus Male Soldier named Boltgun to wear a short with pink spots on RK1 !!!
    N E U T R A L I Z E R S

Quote Originally Posted by boltgun View Post
    If you can't kill a sold without without slapping -30% reflect, AMS should be adjusted, the debuffs are pretty useless to the game for me.

On the topic, which back item would your replace ofab with ?
    As AMS will only last 40 seconds, which is about as long as an NT's layers and emergency defenses will be lasting, I don't think an NT would need a reflect debuff to have an even chance to kill a soldier.

But an NT won't need to debuff a fixer's evades to kill them either, will they? NTs are being given a strong debuffing toolset for various situations, with teamwork and group PvP in mind.

That's fine, but we should similarly have debuff tools which actually work for supporting our teammates to have a better chance of hitting evade profs. Soldiers will still have the ability to debuff healing for a short period of time, but our evade debuffs will still be very ineffective.

As for the OFAB back, I think it's fine as it is because we don't need some skills tacked onto an item to make soldiers a viable and fun prof. We need a complete reworking of the FA mechanic and an overhaul of our offense so that we don't get stuck doing high damage on profs like enfos and docs and very little damage on fixers, MAs, crats, advies, shades, engies and MPs.

As AMS will only last 40 seconds, which is about as long as an NT's layers and emergency defenses will be lasting, I don't think an NT would need a reflect debuff to have an even chance to kill a soldier.

But an NT won't need to debuff a fixer's evades to kill them either, will they? NTs are being given a strong debuffing toolset for various situations, with teamwork and group PvP in mind.
    Reflect debuffs are full of crap where it's pretty clear that it will be custom targeted at soldiers. -35% is simply reverting AMS.

We don't completely fall off the boat anymore but it's still taking away the key defense. And I think many wished to get out of this system as it make team pvp not fun.
    Last edited by boltgun; Apr 10th, 2011 at 18:54:01.
    Server first !!! Neutral Solitus Male Soldier named Boltgun to wear a short with pink spots on RK1 !!!
    N E U T R A L I Z E R S

Yeah, though I wouldn't mind multiple profs being able to debuff us if we were one of multiple profs that could debuff evades.

It's a shame that our evade debuff toolset is broke and nearly useless, but now fixers, agents, and even NTs (NTs but not soldiers?) now can debuff evades for the purpose of PvP teamwork.

Another issue is the fact that a debuff of 300-400 evade is only about 10% or less of an evade prof's defense and it's a long way from opening a decent hole in that defense.

-35% reflect is almost 50% of our defense, which is a very large hole that we have almost no way of protecting against given that we have the absolute worst NR ingame.

Because everything we've seen so far has given absolutely no indication in a reducation of AAD or evades. Not in perks especially.

And as for absorbs, they're already in as "weak" a state as possible, so they can't exactly become a weaker defense can they?
    MP, NT, Trader doc. *cough* All are loosing AAO debuffing, hence AAD vs you.
    Neophyte Nerf"Shareida"Batted First Order
    Freshman Jefferey"Bailan2"Ginsberg - Retired
    Shareidah - First Order

Quote Originally Posted by Lazy View Post
    it's written in the bible.
    Matthew 23:13 "and the trader hath casteth bulk trader at the young age of 14. and it was good. and so he hath an extra 260 comp lit and he hath equippeth better ncu's. and it was good too.
    A Producer's point of view

Quote Originally Posted by Shareida View Post
    MP, NT, Trader doc. *cough* All are loosing AAO debuffing, hence AAD vs you.
    It's a question of how much. AMS/tms constitutes almost all the defence a soldier has. We have no root resistance, very low nr, gimpy heals, no cc or anything like that. What we have is ams and high hp. That's our def. So if you half the duration and at the same time reduce the effectiveness by 33-70% depending on previous setup and how you count, then other classes need to haev their defences nerfed in a similar way. Losing a few hundred aad or even losing the ability to debuff aao a bit is a step in the right direction but it's not nearly enough.

Add to that tms having even lower reflects at lower levels and you can see that the situation is at the very lest LOOKING laughable.

I'd have to say, as soon as reflect is gone from Ofab back, I'll swap on the Perfected Alien Tank Armor. Only thing I'll miss is the ncu add.

Wish there was an answer to give you that you'd like to hear.

Best I can come up with is be patient and wait to see Funcom's plans on rebalancing items and procs. Hopefully something there will make us more viable in the rebalance.
    if all else fails. i might just ip reset into tradeskills.... at least my soldier would have some use

soldier is gonna be absolute trash. I forgot why i unsubbed. We cant even go for evade based secondary defenses to accomdate the absolute trash reflect AND passive-healing (HD) we are obviously being forced into due to the removal of some very key tools such as improved precognition.

Garbage reflects, no true healing tools, no evades worth speaking of anymore.

If agents dont become extremely OP or something, i wont be reactivating even just for nostalgia sakes again.
    Leave "Marinegent" AScar - 220/23/65 Atrox Agent
    Wakeup "Marinesold" Screaming - 220/30/70 Nanomage Soldier
    "Moonmarin" - 220/30/80 Solitus Martial Artist
    "Marinekeep" - 215/18/4x Atrox Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by CuisinartBlade View Post
    to be fair, 2.8k ar is enough to perk anyone except fixers, mas, advs, shades, nt's that blinded you, shield mps, bow mps that landed dazzle, def docs, crats, or marinesold

so all in all it's a fairly viable setup

If agents dont become extremely OP..
    Not everyone wants easymode pvp wins.
    Posted by Seventh: Has something to do with the fact that RL speaking im 172 sm high and weight 96 kg, all of which come in muscle form (and guessing your reaction about forum pvp, yes i can log into webcam )

Said the pixels lol..

Man, you solds are the biggest bunch of whiners I EVER heard.

Ya'll are whinging about such funny things. You are getting more HP, more HD, less reflects, but, you aren't seeming to get your heads wrapped around the situation.

Solds have been WTF OP'd vs a lot of profs for a LONG time, and you've been PVP points served on a platter vs others.

NOW, youre getting rebalanced, so, you gotta fight HARDER vs the profs you been WTF OP'd against, and, you aren't going to be facerolled nearly as bad vs the profs that used to cakewalk you.

So, ya'll going to have to LEARN TO PLAY THE PROF... wtf is so wrong with that?

IMO the sold prof is getting some sweet ass stuff, you lamers on RK1 who whinge so much sound like a bunch of mewling kittens who's milk just got taken away.

As for the solds bishing from RK2... :/ I expected more from you.

I expected better from you Noobas
    Posted by Seventh: Has something to do with the fact that RL speaking im 172 sm high and weight 96 kg, all of which come in muscle form (and guessing your reaction about forum pvp, yes i can log into webcam )

Said the pixels lol..

Quote Originally Posted by McKnuckleSamwich View Post
    You are getting more HP
    Since when in the world of huge specials did more hp ever help anyone? Oh yeah only in certain scenarios but most of the time it's more of a handicap than a help.

, more HD,
    That is only partially true. We get a little more hd during ams and for a lil bit after. But what if we get drained so we can't ams and guess what.. it happens ALL the time because soldiers have useless nr? Oh yeah, -35 HD comapred to today.
    How is that more?
    Also to keep the "new" hd running you will not be able to choose when to ams. You will have to re-ams as soon as the hd runs out. What moron would want a defence that you can't even choose when to use?

So no, we do not get more hd overall. It's a joke and it's on the soldier community.
    I don't see how anyone who actually knows the game would want to impose such a thing on any group.

less reflects, but, you aren't seeming to get your heads wrapped around the situation.
    Halved duration and 50% reduced effectiveness even compared to just using AMS 5 and ofab back. For instance an FA will be going from 1950 dmg FA today to 3000 dmg with the reflect nerf.

We all know this. AMS as getting nerfed into the ground. What else can we say about it?

Solds have been WTF OP'd vs a lot of profs for a LONG time, and you've been PVP points served on a platter vs others..
    Name one class that can't outheal, evade, nulify our defence or if neither of those, just run away from the soldier.

NOW, youre getting rebalanced, so, you gotta fight HARDER vs the profs you been WTF OP'd against,
    You mean keepers and mp's? They can still just run if they have to you know. Or in case of the mp just e-nsd and voila, gimpy soldier with less hd than before.

and, you aren't going to be facerolled nearly as bad vs the profs that used to cakewalk you.
    Really? Name one that we will beat one on one in a battlestation scenraio and why. Yes, they are all allowed to root and leave us just like they are toady.

So, ya'll going to have to LEARN TO PLAY THE PROF... wtf is so wrong with that?
    Yeah because anyone who have issues with the way soldiers are faring in the rebalancing clerly can't play their soldiers. You Sir are an idiot and a troll. Now get out of here.

IMO the sold prof is getting some sweet ass stuff, you lamers on RK1 who whinge so much sound like a bunch of mewling kittens who's milk just got taken away.

As for the solds bishing from RK2... :/ I expected more from you.
    Hey the SMG buffs are kinda cool. They kinda fit us since we'll all be in pvm setups very soon. As for your views on the soldier community, who cares? Well the mods should care and boot your ass from this forum straight away. You provide zero argumentation at all you just call ppl names. And that does make you a troll and you should be treated as such.

ps. This was about tl7. At tl6 and under the situation is even more of a joke.. 65% tms with no extra hd and longer lockouts. It's just sad to see hundreds of twinks made unplayable overnight.

So, ya'll going to have to LEARN TO PLAY THE PROF
    I don't think this ignorant point of view needs to be dignified with a response other than this one sentance.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast