Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Where did your nick originate?

Wiki

(in English this name was translated to: Dexter)
    Last edited by Zwelgje; Mar 4th, 2014 at 12:07:19. Reason: Fresh link on Dexter aka the full movie ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by Zwelgje View Post
    Wiki

(in English this name was translated to: Dexter)
    I loved that one <3

Brianboru after Irish High King. All other toons end with "boru" as well...helps (or hurts, as the case may be) in name recognition as well.
    Liamboru 220 Engineer - Brianboru 220 Soldier - Padraigboru 150 Soldier - Tadghboru 60 Engineer - Cormacboru 15 Engineer
    ...and ofc, the army of buff hoes
    ------------------------------------
    PvPDood: Hey, come back and duel me again, I hardly ever get to fight a gimp like you! - Get a /tell like that and it sort of makes you want to evaluate what you thought was a twink!

Walker
    : Anarchy! Anarchy! Anarchy! Anarchy!
    Texas Ranger
    : I don't even know what that means, but I love it!

It's a fancy-pants way of saying OMG n00b.

I've used it as a handle off-and-on in FPSs and other MMORPGs for about a decade and revived it last year when I joined Something Awful. A thread on SA brought me back to AO so I took the name with me.
    Don't mind me. I'm just passin' through.
    ::CLAN ADV :Chairman's Prize for Holy LOL recipient: RK-I::
    The Red Brotherhood
    If this is gonna be that kind of party, I'm gonna stick my leet in the mashed potatoes.”

Lainbr - Serial Experiments Lain + br from Brazil, so ppl would see I'm brazilian and such :3 (was back in the days where I thought brazilians played this game)
    Traderbr - My most lack of imagination ever.
    Bigmage - NM Enforcer /shrug.
    Spirals - Totally from "Breedbook Mokolé" from White Wolf :3 Big Sturdy Dinosaur like metamorfs <3
    Kaoru - Dun laugh >.> A char name from Prince of Tennis (who is kinda cute :3)
    Bluedragon and Kokusho - Just decided to roll a fixer. By impulse, I did 2 xD 1 fr00b 1 sl00b. Those should be Bluedragon (from the anime with same name) and Blackdragon (cause its cool). Blackdragon was already taken, so I had to look of another black dragon and just remembered of "Kokusho - The Evening Star" >.> a magic card.
    Equinocio - I rolled this toon with a friend fix0r called Solstício. Equinócio is... equinox in portuguese and solstício is... solstice in portuguese ^^
    Lainbr - 220/30/70 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - E / Spirals - 220/30/70 Enforcer Solitus - E / Kokusho - 201/22/55 Fixer Nanomage - Equip Soon ;o
    Traderbr - 180/0/0 Trader Nanomage - / Kaoru - 60/0/0 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - totw semitwink
    Proud veteran of Spartans

To devs: You failed redesigning MPs as NTs with pets. I want my debuffer back.
    Dreamer: Basically - I wish THIS much effort was put in to ALL profs rebalance docs.

Kintaii: Genele is more hardcore than you, your guildmates, and anyone else you've ever played with
    Anarrina: Trust me, I'm not that scary in real life.

"Hey. Kansas lawdog...Law don go 'round here..." ala Tombstone.
    80 is an old badge #
    Gunfytr 220/30/70 Soldier Lawdog80 220/30/70 Advy
    Quote Originally Posted by Kintaii View Post
    Because we said so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarrina View Post
    I am unamused. I strongly suggest you don't unamuse me further
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    This nano blocks CH. This is intended.

My forums name: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LuoewfqQE4o

My main's name (Tanisthonus): Dragonlance. I made the character in high school, hadn't cracked one of the books since elementary school, maybe middle, and was trying to remember the main characters name. I knew "Tanis" was his nickname, and just went from there.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bit_bucket

In computing, the bit bucket is jargon for where lost computerized data has gone, by any means; any data which does not end up where it is supposed to, being lost in transmission, a computer crash, or the like, is said to have gone to the bit bucket
    Bitbucket 220 neutral engineer, as played by an unemployed software engineer.
    seemed to be quite a fitting name.

"Xyphos" (Z-eye-F-ohs) - A deliberate mis-spelling of "Xiphos" (Zif-ohs)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xiphos

is a double-edged, single-hand sword used by the ancient Greeks. It was a secondary battlefield weapon for the Greek armies after the spear or javelin. The classic blade was generally about 50–60 cm long,[1] although the Spartans supposedly started to use blades as short as 30 cm around the era of the Greco-Persian Wars.[2] The Xiphos sometimes has a midrib, or is diamond or lenticular in cross-section. It was generally hung from a baldric under the left arm.[1] The Xiphos was generally used only when the spear was discarded for close combat. Very few Xiphi seem to have survived.

http://www.lyberty.com/blog/2007/03-...ecreation1.jpg
    I named myself after the sword, which best describes my short double-edged personality.

A Xiphos is also a model of electric guitar, which I used to own.
    http://www.musicgadgets.net/wp-conte...phos-black.jpg

as heard being played in my old tower PVP video: http://xyphos.com/aovids/DAV10-2009.wmv
    Last edited by Xyphos; May 3rd, 2011 at 16:02:28.
    "When life knocks you on your butt, you have to get back up and punch it in the face." --DJ Ashval of GSP

Nullified "Bitbucket" Deadcode - 220/25 Neut NanoMage Engi
    Bits10 - 150/14 Clan Opifex Trader

My first toon was a froob MP. I loved the double entendre of heavy petting (an American term for making out with a girl/boy in case you weren't aware). After I joined my org, I was totally confused in trying to keep track of all of the alts of my orgmates who didn't have a consistent naming convention. It was incredibly helpful when people had trademark names to keep track of them (we have one member who has a whole series of "Can" names; "Canrunfast" (fixer), "Candoall" (agt), etc. So, the "Hvy" series was born. I try to keep them all to phrases that would make some sort of sense in regular speech, but it's getting harder as the years go by.

My biggest problem right now is finding a name as good as Hvypetting for my sloob MP...
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunfytr View Post
    I have played my toon 280 days. You have played ur toon 36 days. My toon is better. Get over it.

Wulf/Wolf + Golf GTI
    Please, give change form. Want main be neutral. Red vs Blue are boring now.
    220 veteran player, no more complain for level alt. Do something and stop whine! (Take cry people friend with you.)
    Means: the new client to run FASTER on old hardware _________________ Faction champions.

About 10 years ago when I first used a computer at school, our logons always used to be your surname + first initial. High school also followed the same system, and I then started using it on websites etc as well, and as it's pretty unique I kept it and it's just become my sorta alias now.
    Deadfroobs - 18 agent- Work in progress
    Reidsangry - 30 enf - Work in progress
    Reidsmp - 76 mp
    Reidsagent - 95 agent/enf
    Reidsdrainz - 114 agent
    Reidscrat - 161 crat
    Reids - 218 crat
    Reidventurer - 220 advy
    Reidsma - 220 MA

Animistic, because advies shapeshift into animals and thats sort of shaman territory. Also my ancestors used to be into animism/paganism just a century ago still (north european indians, sami)

Ziltoid well, its fun scifi metal album...

Sonicnurse, album by Sonic Youth i was listening at the time i was sitting in character creation room thinking about a name for my doc.

Shareida - I don't recall.
    Bailan - Out of a book. "Quest", by Andreas Eschbach
    Villeena - See above
    Neophyte Nerf"Shareida"Batted First Order
    Freshman Jefferey"Bailan2"Ginsberg - Retired
    Shareidah - First Order

Quote Originally Posted by Lazy View Post
    it's written in the bible.
    Matthew 23:13 "and the trader hath casteth bulk trader at the young age of 14. and it was good. and so he hath an extra 260 comp lit and he hath equippeth better ncu's. and it was good too.
    A Producer's point of view

lazy (because i am) + prof

the forum handle is from The Diary of a Hacker

Quote Originally Posted by Animistic View Post
    Ziltoid well, its fun scifi metal album...
    Devin Townsend is win!

when i first signed up i thought i'd get into a bit of rping, Anithen was some kind of attempt at a sci-fi Nathan, of course starwars' Anakin ruined it for me..

Felix the crat should be obvious i guess, Codeine the doc..

used to have a froob advy named Arilou, alien race from the star control games..
    Felix
    The Crat

Codeine

The Doc

Quote Originally Posted by mzungu View Post
    used to have a froob advy named Arilou, alien race from the star control games..
    That game had epic soundtrack.

(these evil space spiders had my favourite tune.)
    Last edited by Animistic; May 3rd, 2011 at 23:52:56.

It's a loch (lake) near where I live.
    Guardian Venachar
    Public Forums Moderator - Deputy Team Lead | Professionals Liaison
    Forums Team | Community Relations Department | Advisors of Rubi-Ka

EDTA: Abrevation for Ethylene Diamine Tetraacetic Acid (wiki). It's a small molecule with 4 arms that can use them to grab certain atoms. --> a nanobot.

Mounky: agent that I made to be a buffing-monkey

Urma: middle part of "your master": a crat. I like short names and I don't want them to contain words too literally.

Mewaku: Trox way of saying "I'll hit you very hard and it will hurt" ("Me whack you" in case you don't get it :P).
    Edta 200 NT, froob , Setup, General of NEPA, Raid Leader of TLfiveplus (Froob Raids)
    Neutral For Life, AO For Ever!
    Please, let Clan and Omni return to Neutral Clan/Omni Resignation forms!

Dagger-the thing I poke people with!
    Dagger 220/30/70 Shade // Attempted 219/24/?? Enforcer // Canidae 180/0/0 Adventurer // World 185/26/32 Meta-Physicist// Cramp 150/20/35 Engineer
    Ya wanna fix something - give RK mobs better xp, make RK matter again.

Quote Originally Posted by Mamman View Post
    Give shades love or we will stop buffing people!!

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast